Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who's out of a F1 drive in 2004?
Michael Schumacher 9 11.54%
Rubens Barrichello 3 3.85%
Juan Pablo Montoya 0 0%
Ralf Schumacher 6 7.69%
David Coulthard 8 10.26%
Kimi Raikkonen 0 0%
Jarno Trulli 6 7.69%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Nick Heidfeld 1 1.28%
Heinz-Harald Frentzen 30 38.46%
Giancarlo Fisichella 2 2.56%
Ralph Firman 30 38.46%
Mark Webber 4 5.13%
Antonio Pizzonia 41 52.56%
Jacques Villeneuve 20 25.64%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Justin Wilson 4 5.13%
Jos Verstappen 27 34.62%
Olivier Panis 30 38.46%
Cristiano Da Matta 9 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jun 2003, 20:11 (Ref:627524)   #26
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect Helio is lost for F1 forever.

On the matter of DC. Ron has become more and more blunt about DC's lack of performance. Both in Austria-qualifying and the Monaco-race, there was no love lost between RD and DC and RD was very clear about it. If it's not only Ron's decision, and I suspect it is not, I believe DC's time at McLaren is up. Allthough I admit I have the same believe for over three or four years now.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 20:14 (Ref:627529)   #27
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm not sure that Castro Neves is lost forever, but I think each year he stays in the IRL makes his F1 future less and less likely. Win the title and quit ovals, I say. A title and two Indy 500 wins would be enough, surely?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 20:40 (Ref:627552)   #28
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Both Ralf and DC will be fired from their current seats, but both of them will land a drive elsewhere in F1.
Not likely - Ralf has a contract running till the end of 2004. Williams would have to pay Ralf a year's worth of wages as well as finding somebody better than him. It'd cost a fortune and it wouldn't be worth it - if they want rid of him they may as well wait a year and not renew his contract.

At this point, Pizzonia looks to be a dead cert for being out of a drive next season, Firman as well. Of course, if things pick up for them in the second half of the season that could change.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 10 Jun 2003, 21:09 (Ref:627578)   #29
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Weber calls for new Williams deal for Ralf

Manager wants driver to stay with current team

Ralf Schumacher's manager, Willi Weber, has moved to dampen speculation about the German's future at BMW WilliamsF1, saying that the younger brother of world champion Michael should remain with the team until the end of 2006.

Rumours have suggested that Schumacher would be replaced at Williams when his contract expires at the end of 2004. Brazilian Grand Prix winner Giancarlo Fisichella has been linked to the drive while Ralf has been connected to a berth at Toyota, but Weber has denied approaching any other teams.

"Ralf should stay where he is and sign for BMW Williams for another two years," Weber told German news agency SID.

The manager also denied that he had approached other teams about a drive for the German. "Of course you have to consider several options but I never negotiated with Mercedes or Toyota because I believe Williams is the best team there is for him," he added.
But I still believe there are better propositions for Williams than Ralf is at the moment, and Williams knows it too. If Williams want to get out, Im sure they'll have some useful clause.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 22:08 (Ref:627631)   #30
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
In some ways, it would be better for Ralf to jump ship voluntarily now - if he can find somewhere to go - rather than to risk being sacked at the end of 2004. Though, he may get the chop at the end of this year anyway; Sir Frank's patience with underperformers is not legendary. Remember Zanardi?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 22:17 (Ref:627636)   #31
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think if Ralf was to go to Toyota there is a real chance for him to have a team moulded around him there like Michael at Ferrari...

Ralph Firman will be the guy who goes I think - and Jordan will have two new to F1 drivers next year.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 01:29 (Ref:627746)   #32
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
I'm not sure DC will be fired. If I were Ron Dennis, I'd let DC go and bring Heidfeld in, but I'm not the Ronster, and never will be.

Anyone know, btw, if Helio Castro Neves still has a contract with McLaren/Mercedes? Just a thought...
Good idea about Heidfeld

But Helio lost any chance of an F1 drive by deciding to race in the roundy-roundy series.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 13:31 (Ref:628251)   #33
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC is better to quit this year. It's a shame for experienced driver to be overraced by young teammate. I can't see him to improve during the season. But I'm afraid he would stay on underdog position.

I would prefer to watch JV in Mac and check his real potential against Kimi.

Firman and Pizzonia are going out. As long as Minardi is always under the threat some of its driver may quit too.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:43 (Ref:628727)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
I think if Ralf was to go to Toyota there is a real chance for him to have a team moulded around him there like Michael at Ferrari...

Now, thats more likely to end up like the team that JV moulded round himself at BAR.

If Rafe was to go to Toyota, it would be a step back, not forwards
Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:45 (Ref:628729)   #35
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Shumacher has more votes than Ralf and Coultard????!! Come on guys!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 12 Jun 2003, 01:36 (Ref:629059)   #36
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Michael Shumacher has more votes than Ralf and Coultard????!! Come on guys!
Maybe its just sour-grapes for the new deal he just signed