Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Apr 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2665010)   #1
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Rounds 1, 2 and 3 - Thruxton - 03/04 April 2010

It's early April, and finally the British Touring Car Championship is back with us. With a strong entry list of 23 cars, featuring 7 previous race winning drivers, seven different makes of car and nine different models the season promises once again to be incident packed and the fastest circuit in the country should provide some great racing.

There's also the prospect of a battle between manufacturers again this year, after Chevrolet and Honda both announced official entries, and with the addition of both the NGTC engine in two Vectras and the turbocharged, LPG powered Focus controversy is bound to happen. Old rivals Jason Plato and Matt Neal will once again be going head to head in their respective manufacturer squads, while Mat Jackson, Rob Collard, Tom Chiilton, and several others will be looking to spoil their party and mount their own challenge on the title. The pundits are all tipping Plato to win it, but the BTCC is never that simple.

Among the smaller teams, many are suggesting Paul O'Neill will do well with his older spec Honda Integra, which always goes well at the Hampshire circuit - only a puncture last year prevented him getting a potential race win - and he will be looking to run with the big boys from the start, while the Volkswagen name makes a welcome return with new team AmD Milltek. Sadly the Forster Motorsport team are unlikely to race, after they had to send their engines back to BMW following Media Day, and the driver of the second Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra is still to be announced. 2009 champion Colin Turkington will not be on the grid after being unable to secure funding.

Full entry list:

NODRIVERNATCARTEAMENTRY*
2Jason PlatoGBChevrolet CruzeSilverline ChevroletM
4Matt NealGBHonda CivicHonda Racing TeamM
5Mat JacksonGBBMW 320siAirwaves BMWI
6Robert CollardGBBMW 320siWSRi
11Steven KaneGBBMW 320siAirwaves BMWI
20Alex MacDowallGBChevrolet CruzeSilverline ChevroletM
21Tom Onslow-ColeGBFord Focus STTeam AONC
22Tom BoardmanGBSeat LeonSpecial TuningI
23Tom ChiltonGBFord Focus STTeam AONC
27Martin JohnsonGBVauxhall Astra CoupeBoulevard Team RacingI
28John GeorgeGBHonda IntegraSunshine.co.ukI
29Paul O'NeillGBHonda IntegraSunshine.co.ukI
30Martin DepperGBBMW 320siForster MotorsportI
37Arthur ForsterGBBMW 320siForster MotorsportI
43Lea WoodGBHonda IntegraCentral Group RacingI
44Andy NeateGBBMW 320siWSRI
52Gordon SheddenGBHonda CivicHonda Racing TeamM
55David PinkneyGBVauxhall VectraPinkney MotorsportI
77Andrew JordanGBVauxhall VectraPirtek RacingI
88Philip GlewGBVauxhall VectraTriple Eight Race EngineeringI
98Matt HamiltonGBHonda Civic Type RTH MotorsportI
99Shaun HollambyGBVolkswagen GolfAmD MilltekI
888TBA Vauxhall VectraTriple Eight Race EngineeringI
* - M denotes a Manufacturer entry into the Manufacturer/Constructor championship, C a Constructor

Circuit information and timetable
Weather forecast

Live coverage on ITV4 starts at 11am and runs through to 6pm.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2665015)   #2
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the weather forecast (right weather for tin-top action) and the time table. i wonder how many SC will we see here during the weekend
Old 1 Apr 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2665047)   #3
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got mixed feelings about the weather, a bit of rain on Saturday will mix up the grid nicely - but I don't want to get soaked!
Old 1 Apr 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2665055)   #4
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully should be an exciting three races. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch them live, but I'm gonna video them and watch them when I get back from my hols.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2665063)   #5
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The BTCC Spotter Guide will go online while Britain sleeps
Old 1 Apr 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2665077)   #6
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Complete with the second 888 entry?
Old 1 Apr 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2665079)   #7
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lea Wood won't be taking part, according to their page on Facebook.

''team wood racing Team Wood Racing are looking foward to thruxton even though they arenot racing. Roll on Brands !!!!''
Old 1 Apr 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2665089)   #8
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Yeah we've known that for a while. Seems really strange to do all the testing then skip the first 6 races.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2665262)   #9
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

The BTCC Spotter Guide is now online over at http://www.spotterguides.com/btcc-2010-guide which is hosted by Ten-Tenths.com

The cars are based on those at media day, or information which some teams and drivers have forwarded. Thanks to the teams who did help out. Bound to be changed at Thruxton.

I have included all the entries including the Triple8 cars and Lea Wood.

Also, extra special thanks to Peter Still (PDS). He has been awesome with reference images from Media day. Many thanks

Please read the terms and conditions. I'm not a charity (even though I do this for free, so dont abuse it). Any mistakes (not changes- I'll catch these after Thruxton), please email or PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Complete with the second 888 entry?
not public yet, so blank car with TBC shown for now. Doubt I'll be able to update this weekend, so you can get your felt tip pens in and colour the Vectras in and I'll udpate for Rounds 4,5,6
Old 2 Apr 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2665272)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Doubt I'll be able to update this weekend, so you can get your felt tip pens in and colour the Vectras in and I'll udpate for Rounds 4,5,6
What colour felt tips so we need to take with us?
Old 2 Apr 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2665309)   #11
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
What colour felt tips so we need to take with us?
tenner on red
Old 2 Apr 2010, 10:12 (Ref:2665328)   #12
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
Brilliant job as always Andy, many thanks
Old 2 Apr 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2665344)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just reading the article about Airwaves BMW on BTCC.net...

How many times do we reckon the team / drivers can mention 'Kick up a gear' over the weekend?
Old 2 Apr 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2665355)   #14
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giovanardi is back!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82622
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2665374)   #15
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bugger, it's black

Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2665382)   #16
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Guess you owe the forum £10
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2665383)   #17
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Guess you owe the forum £10
I owe Redshoes £10.

The forum owes me
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2665384)   #18
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wicked to see Gio back and why the f close the other thread? stupid moderators using their powers to just completely ignore what the community wanted.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2665385)   #19
Alfa Fan
Veteran

I've just PM'd Hazard so hopefully we'll have it re-open soon.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2665386)   #20
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor901 View Post
Wicked to see Gio back and why the f close the other thread? stupid moderators using their powers to just completely ignore what the community wanted.
Way to get on my good side.

Please see response in the aborted second thread!

A polite PM or a few requests would certainly have been the best way. I'm just trying to keep things tidy!

And believe me, rudeness is not the way to get what you want.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2665392)   #21
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there was about 2 pages of discussion in that thread on it being closed after someone suggested it and it seemed like most people thought the best thing to do was to not close it so it could be used throughout the season
Old 2 Apr 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2665404)   #22
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am liking the black livery. Do we know if Glew's is similar? Though I'm presuming his may have a lot more prominent WD-40 / 3-in-1 / Glasurit stickers on it.

The UNIQ decals are interesting, as they appear to be an American car modifier/upgrader.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2665418)   #23
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The BTCC Spotter Guide is now online over at http://www.spotterguides.com/btcc-2010-guide which is hosted by Ten-Tenths.com
Quality stuff as usual Andy, thanks for doing that. Top drawer.

And, I've been wanting to stretch-out the legs on this new smiley for awhile so, how about now?
Old 2 Apr 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2665426)   #24
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Gio confirmed for Thruxton at least-that black Vectra looks nice! We all know when Plato was confirmed last minute last year that to start with it was a round by round deal, so hopefully something can happen to see Gio in the championship for the entire season. Excited for Thruxton now, shame I can't be there but hope to be out at Oulton.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2665448)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
If he has a good weekend at Thruxton, chances are he can push the sponsorship money further. If he has a poor one, then he might find it more difficult.