Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 May 2012, 14:31 (Ref:3076468)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Round 11 & 12 - Salzburgring

Qualifying
1. Huff
2. Muller
3. Menu
4. Tarquini
5. Macdowall
6. Monteiro
7. D'Aste
8. Oriola
9. Coronel
10. Dudukalo
11. O'Young
12. Bennani
Old 20 May 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3076796)   #2
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
someone ha still the courage to consider salburgring a circuit good for wtcc??
there has not been an overtaking!! 14 laps all with the same standing!
let's hope that this is the first and the last time that wtcc runs here!
Old 20 May 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3076798)   #3
Superstars
Rookie

Superstars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-1987 View Post
someone ha still the courage to consider salburgring a circuit good for wtcc??
there has not been an overtaking!! 14 laps all with the same standing!
let's hope that this is the first and the last time that wtcc runs here!
What the hell are you saying?

There was a great battle between the three Chevys, and behind the race was quite entertaining.

Michelisz for example made some good pass, and also Gabor Weber!

Obviusly, the races are too short, but Salzburgring is a great track!
Old 20 May 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3076813)   #4
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not that great, but some decent racing. Certainly more exciting than DTM at Brands.
Old 20 May 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3076838)   #5
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 1 was a bit quiet - was expecting a bit more but enjoyed race 2, although I'm confused as to why the race distance is the same as the ETCC this weekend - I thought the races would have been 14 laps (plus safetycar).

Maybe it's me, but the cameras seemed to be further away from the track than I remember them being in the past for the ETCC, so it didn't seem to come across as well as the ETCC races had done before on TV.

Even then, much better races than some of the other tracks we have had over the past few years, hope the WTCC is back next year.
Old 20 May 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3076873)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last lap of the second race was simply brilliant.
Old 20 May 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3076895)   #7
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Awesome stuff. I love D'Aste. His attitude is so positive.
Old 21 May 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3077160)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Almost no overtaking in race 1 but still I liked the race, mainly due to the layout of the track.

Race 2 was much better with the D'Aste finally winning. Great for him. Nice to see his rivals all were happy for him.
Old 21 May 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3077294)   #9
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the 1997 STW Cup race here in mind, as well as fight Göransson vs. Nykjaer in ETC Cup 2008, I had quite high hopes for this track. Except the Chevrolets being in a totally different class (impressive but very boring), the rest is actually very good and tight racing. We missed a lot of action further down the grid. But honestly, the weekend was rather dull except for the last laps of race 2. That was drama all over, very worthy a world championship. Very happy for D'Aste, he is a real character like Tom Coronel and such characters are difficult not to love .

I'd say bring on the rest of 2012, and let's hope for more exciting domestic drivers in their home events in the Americas and Asia. And dare I hope for new exciting entries in the Asian rounds? (like the Peugeot 308 last year, and Team RPM's Honda Civic, Toyota Altezza etc. from previous seasons ). And oh, add another 1 or 2 laps to the race distance, might spice things up even more.
Old 26 May 2012, 00:04 (Ref:3079341)   #10
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
With the 1997 STW Cup race here in mind, as well as fight Göransson vs. Nykjaer in ETC Cup 2008, I had quite high hopes for this track. Except the Chevrolets being in a totally different class (impressive but very boring), the rest is actually very good and tight racing. We missed a lot of action further down the grid. But honestly, the weekend was rather dull except for the last laps of race 2. That was drama all over, very worthy a world championship. Very happy for D'Aste, he is a real character like Tom Coronel and such characters are difficult not to love .

I'd say bring on the rest of 2012, and let's hope for more exciting domestic drivers in their home events in the Americas and Asia. And dare I hope for new exciting entries in the Asian rounds? (like the Peugeot 308 last year, and Team RPM's Honda Civic, Toyota Altezza etc. from previous seasons ). And oh, add another 1 or 2 laps to the race distance, might spice things up even more.
That 308 never raced last year due to illegal components, and if any of those cars do show up, they'll be right at the back with their naturally aspirated engines.

I expect there will be a few Asian locals entered for China/Macau, but nothing that will get any attention.
Old 26 May 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3079650)   #11
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
That 308 never raced last year due to illegal components, and if any of those cars do show up, they'll be right at the back with their naturally aspirated engines.

I expect there will be a few Asian locals entered for China/Macau, but nothing that will get any attention.
Yes, I'm aware of that. Probably because the car had many dispensations with its national STCC homologation. But I was thinking cars similar to that one, e.g. cars from national/regional series around Asia. Maybe an asian version of the Civic or something from the Hong Kong TC series. Who knows? And they never have a chance of any decent results, but they sure spice things up
Old 26 May 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3079677)   #12
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Spice" is not the word I'd use but it's nice to see them take part. There's a lot of Accords in China so maybe we could get one or two. But most of the time we seem to get a rich local driver buying himself into Engstler/Wiechers which is moderately exciting. Also, old car + slow driver usually means struggle to qualify for the real guest entrants in Asia.