Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Mar 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1551155)   #1
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Another scenario in the driver market

[MOD]Please do not quote the linked article in the post[/MOD]

Montoya to Renault?

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16559.html

What do u think....?!
Can that be posibile...??

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 17 Mar 2006 at 19:32. Reason: Quoting a copyright article.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1551169)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
That article also goes onto say that Flavio has spent a lot of time talking to Willi Webber (about Michael) so who knows.

The only thing thats certain is that Alonso is leaving and he need's replacing.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1551187)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Flavio talking to Weber re MS - can't see that move (back). But yes, Alonso needs replacing - it's a little like when we knew Massa was going (or not beforehand) to Ferrari...I wouldn't mind seeing JPM at Renault but not sure if it will happen.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1551189)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I wouldn't mind seeing JPM at Renault but not sure if it will happen.
The JPM to Renault rumour has been floating around for a while now, though, of course, that doesn't make it true. The telefonica/(JPM) Spanish speaking connection makes sense though.

Montoya-Kovalinan line up for Renault in '07 ? Just a thought.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1551193)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Exactly, the telefonica part makes sense - there's been lots of rumours floating round for a while
Old 17 Mar 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1551254)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd heard this some time before... right after Alonso's announcement actually. It would be interesting for Telefonica, as the South American market is huge for them. Then again they could also concentrate on sponsoring races. This year they're sponsoring the Spanish GP for the first time.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1551386)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Kovalinen is going to be in one of the Renault seats.

Who the other guy is going to be depends on how Fisi performs this year. If he performs well then i can see Renault retaining him to keep the continuity
Old 17 Mar 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1551389)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I am not convinced Fisi has much of a future at Renault.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1551396)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
although i wonder how long before both JV's are linked to the seat
Old 17 Mar 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1551414)   #10
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think its a cert that Juan will be out of Mclaren at the end of the year, regardless of whether Kimi stays or not. Ron Dennis has been saying already that the want to keep Kimi to partner him with Alonso. Hardly does wonders for your morale, knowing this early on in a season the team is after replacing you? Whats the betting he could walk before the end of the year if the results don't come his way? After going out of their way to sign him for last year, his stock with the team has fallen already, and already critising his car this year won't help that. He did put in some decent drives last year, but for the teams poor reliability.... Silverstone he showed just what he does best. Funny how thats forgotten so quickly.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1551456)   #11
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking that Webber or Kovalainen will race for Renault in 2007. Webber is much admired there (Pat Symonds) and obviously Flav is his manager.

But; Kovi has all the hallmarks of a potential Champion for me as well. I think he could get it. I don't personally see Montoya in the light blue, but meh, stranger things have happened!
Old 18 Mar 2006, 01:15 (Ref:1551612)   #12
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't know how much influence Symonds has at Renault but I recently read a quote from him where he bracketed Montoya in the second group of F1 drivers - I think he named Alonso, Schumi and Kimi as the top tier. As for Webber, he made no mention of what he thinks of him.