Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Nov 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3329492)   #4051
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A number of GT3s from the first lot went directly to collectors before the car had even raced, think the badge makes a bit of difference....
Old 11 Nov 2013, 06:41 (Ref:3329855)   #4052
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Tiga LM214:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/tig...pecifications/

Looks like LMP1 style rearwings are allowed for LMP2 in 2014. First Pilbeam and now Tiga. Maybe this is what the SMP boss was referring to when he said they stopped working on their own LMP2 because of different regulations.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3330128)   #4053
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Flatbox Ikea shelf unit , billy series ..... Its hangin !!!
Old 11 Nov 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3330133)   #4054
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
The new Tiga LM214:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/tig...pecifications/

Looks like LMP1 style rearwings are allowed for LMP2 in 2014. First Pilbeam and now Tiga. Maybe this is what the SMP boss was referring to when he said they stopped working on their own LMP2 because of different regulations.
Maybe they know something we don't. I didn't think there was any aerodynamic rule changes for next year in lmp2.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3330139)   #4055
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
If I recall correctly, it was never an 'allowed' thing, just a loophole in the rules that Toyota found. Its not full width as the extra bits are mounted to the body and not officially part of the wing, no?

So not surprising to see new cars adopting this workaround the rule.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3330141)   #4056
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
If I recall correctly, it was never an 'allowed' thing, just a loophole in the rules that Toyota found. Its not full width as the extra bits are mounted to the body and not officially part of the wing, no?

You're right. Then the rules were rewritten in 2013 to allow 'fender extensions' on lmp1 cars. But in the same rulebook the lmp2 cars were explicitly written to not allow for bodywork to extend above a certain point (so no raised rear fenders). I don't have the pdf on hand so I can't point you to the text.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3330143)   #4057
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
No worries, I'm happy to accept being wrong! Thanks for clarifying.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3330147)   #4058
TF110
Veteran

United States
No, you were right! I edited my post. It just allowed for it this season.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3330166)   #4059
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's exactly like the Embassy just with a bit different rear hood and side covers (new regullations). The Pilbeam looked better IMO.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3330269)   #4060
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
No, you were right! I edited my post. It just allowed for it this season.
Strictly speaking, the relevant article in the 2013 rules (i.e. Article 3.4.5) has merely been clarified in respect of the mandatory wheel arch cut-outs. The "rear wheel arch extensions" are not as such specifically allowed (nor specifically banned), but result from a "clever" interpretation of Article 3.4.5. Now, this "clever" interpretation is only valid for LMP1s, not for LMP2s. There is a subtle difference in Article 3.4.5 between LMP1 and LMP2. In short, the bodywork - seen from the side - cannot exceed a 725 mm limit above the "reference surface". For LMP2s, this limit applies to all bodywork parts around the rear wheel arch cut-out, whereas for LMP1s this limit only applies forward of the rear axle.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3330288)   #4061
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Strictly speaking, the relevant article in the 2013 rules (i.e. Article 3.4.5) has merely been clarified in respect of the mandatory wheel arch cut-outs. The "rear wheel arch extensions" are not as such specifically allowed (nor specifically banned), but result from a "clever" interpretation of Article 3.4.5. Now, this "clever" interpretation is only valid for LMP1s, not for LMP2s. There is a subtle difference in Article 3.4.5 between LMP1 and LMP2. In short, the bodywork - seen from the side - cannot exceed a 725 mm limit above the "reference surface". For LMP2s, this limit applies to all bodywork parts around the rear wheel arch cut-out, whereas for LMP1s this limit only applies forward of the rear axle.
In other words, both the new Pilbeam and Tiga LMP2 as appearing on the preliminary drawings that have been posted in the media do not appear to be complying with the rules. It remains to be seen however if the LMP2 rules will be amended for next year.

Or maybe I am simply wrong with my interpretation of the current rules...
Old 12 Nov 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3330357)   #4062
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting bit here on Level 5 and P1 via Sportscar365

Quote:
"We’re also still looking at the possibility of LMP1 in the WEC."

Stone said they are currently in discussions with a driver for the proposed LMP1 program, who could potentially help bring some funding to the program, if given the green light.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/le...tomer-options/

Surely now is too late to be putting together a P1 programme? But it does make you wonder who the driver is...
Old 12 Nov 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3330367)   #4063
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dempsey?
Old 12 Nov 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3330376)   #4064
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Klaus Graf is the European distributor for Muscle Milk, I believe, and might be without a ride depending on what Pickett Racing does.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3330379)   #4065
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
good question indeed. I highly doubt Dempsey though, I think he's set with the Porsche deal for the time being. In fact, is he Silver or Bronze? Pretty sure you need to be Silver for P1 anyway.

I'd be inclined to think someone with a good backer, so one of the Russians backed by SMP maybe, or a single-seat drop-out with funding, maybe a van der Garde or Gutierrez (would assume Maldonado and Perez would find a seat), someone that's lost an F1 drive or test drive?

Shooting in the dark, genuinely no idea. Won't hold my breath on this one though!
Old 12 Nov 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3330392)   #4066
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Klaus Graf is the European distributor for Muscle Milk, I believe, and might be without a ride depending on what Pickett Racing does.
Tiny problem there is that Muscle Milk is a product of CytoSport, which is the company owned/founded by Greg Pickett ;-)
Old 12 Nov 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3330396)   #4067
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Surely now is too late to be putting together a P1 programme? But it does make you wonder who the driver is...
It's 5 months until Silverstone. Plenty of time to get a customer programme together.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3330495)   #4068
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Tiny problem there is that Muscle Milk is a product of CytoSport, which is the company owned/founded by Greg Pickett ;-)"

It would pretty weird if I didn't understand there was a link between Muscle Milk and Pickett Racing, but did know Graf was the Euro distributor, wouldn't it? (What you mean there is a connection between Muscle Milk and Muscle Milk Pickett Racing? Who'd ever guess?)

My point here is that Graf has his own business and his own money (and Muscle Milk is expanding in Europe---a while back there were rumors that Pickett would go WEC and it would be good business) and if Graf does not had a Pickett Racing ride, he could do something on his own, possibly with the portion of the business which he controls as a partial sponsor (would make the same sense as ti would have a few months ago.)

The only issue I could see with it is that apparently Muscle Milk is up for sale, but i don;'t know the details because I will not pay a dime for the new, non-factual Wall Street Journal.

I doubt Greg Pickett would tell Graf not to invest the profits of his own portion of the business into racing, unless Pickett also planned to race under the same banner in the same series, but right now Pickett seems ot be leaning towards GTLM or GTD, so there would be no conflict.

Just a guess anyway.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3330500)   #4069
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^^Errrrrm...

Quote:
[Pickett] did confirm, however, that Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr have been re-signed for 2014.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3330538)   #4070
Maelochs
Veteran

Well, scratch that as a valid guess, then.

Good news though ... I like Klaus Graf and would prefer he stay with Pickett racing, in whatever class.

Which leaves the mystery of the mysterious potential P1 driver/team.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3330609)   #4071
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RCE Twitter just hinted at another unconfirmed lmp1 project.
'@RacecarEngineer oh yeah did I mention a not previously rumoured LMP1 design being prepped for 2014? https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer/...67136079478784 '

Wonder what it could be.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3330612)   #4072
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't there enough as it is?
I hope this is a project that doesn't depend on a customer to purchase it.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3330614)   #4073
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Isn't there enough as it is?
I hope this is a project that doesn't depend on a customer to purchase it.
That would be very nice. A certain entry for next year in lmp1 is always welcome.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3330637)   #4074
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was also a tweet about a Subaru LMP engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
RCE Twitter just hinted at another unconfirmed lmp1 project.
'@RacecarEngineer oh yeah did I mention a not previously rumoured LMP1 design being prepped for 2014? https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer/...67136079478784 '

Wonder what it could be.
Is the design bring prepped for 2014 or is the car?
Old 12 Nov 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3330643)   #4075
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There was also a tweet about a Subaru LMP engine.
https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer/...56364951638016