Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Feb 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3022877)   #1576
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, farnbacher ran these last years in endurance racing just because of hankook sponsorship budget, infact they didn't run in WEC (for sure they didn't ask at all to join) and for sure they won't in ELMS too, i won't be surprised if they will sell their 458GT. Maybe they'll keep on running in ADAC with their 458 GT3 "michelin" powered.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3022890)   #1577
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That article seems to point in the same direction Speed-King mentioned.

Hopefully they still have the GTE around May time and that their request is accepted so we see that GT2 beast one more time, but with different colors I guess.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 00:00 (Ref:3022894)   #1578
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tells you something about marketing budget and profile in the DTM vs. sportscars when you prioritize resources to being a sole, spec tyre provider in the former over competing against Michelin and Dunlop tyres on similar Ferraris in ACO-spec racing. It's not hard to see where one could make more of a competitive statement, but what's a statement if nobody gets to hear it?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 01:24 (Ref:3022918)   #1579
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
well, farnbacher ran these last years in endurance racing just because of hankook sponsorship budget, infact they didn't run in WEC (for sure they didn't ask at all to join) and for sure they won't in ELMS too, i won't be surprised if they will sell their 458GT. Maybe they'll keep on running in ADAC with their 458 GT3 "michelin" powered.
BTW, GT-Masters is switching to Yokohama this year. Seems like Michelin are also decreasing their activity in racing - I also seem to remember something about them pulling out of LMP2 and only doing 2012 with last year's tires before that.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3023103)   #1580
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
GT-Masters: safe, line-up TBD
German Porsche Carrera Cup: safe
N24/VLN is being evaluated, might be with either the GT3-car or the GTE, probably the later.
Hopefully they continue in VLN, it was fantastic having a competitive Ferrari up in the mix amongst the German machinery, winning the occasional race.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3023313)   #1581
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Via Autosport:

Quote:
-- Lotus is exploring another badging deal similar to the arrangement it has with Kodewa. Rebellion Racing, which is running a pair of Toyota-engined Lola coupes in 2012, is favourite for the deal.
I cannot stand those cheap and nonsensical re-brandings, it seems like the GTE project and Indycar engine deal are the only areas where they actually do something else than take all the glory without actually participating... the lmp2 thingie with mr Kolles's Lola-BMW-Judd-Lotus looks lame enough but I really hope Rebellion has the dignity to refuse...
Old 8 Feb 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3023323)   #1582
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I'm not offended by it to be honest. If their money keeps some additional cars on the grid then I'm all for it.

The anoraks will always know what kind of engine it really is anyways
Old 8 Feb 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3023346)   #1583
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Rebellion-Lotus-Lola-Toyota say that 3 times fast! Rebellion already have the Gold and Red like their F1 team, now all they need is black on their car and Nick Heidfeld... actually, he's already there!
Old 8 Feb 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3023364)   #1584
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So where does James Key fit into this as a reported new technical signing from Sauber? Why go to the trouble to employ someone with that skill set if all you are doing is rebadge job?

Actual link to the article: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97429
Old 8 Feb 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3023370)   #1585
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So where does James Key fit into this as a reported new technical signing from Sauber? Why go to the trouble to employ someone with that skill set if all you are doing is rebadge job?

Actual link to the article: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97429
3rd and 4th paragraphs......the GT3.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3023401)   #1586
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I'm not offended by it to be honest. If their money keeps some additional cars on the grid then I'm all for it.

The anoraks will always know what kind of engine it really is anyways

Agree absolutely!
Old 8 Feb 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3023404)   #1587
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I cannot stand those cheap and nonsensical re-brandings, it seems like the GTE project and Indycar engine deal are the only areas where they actually do something else than take all the glory without actually participating... the lmp2 thingie with mr Kolles's Lola-BMW-Judd-Lotus looks lame enough but I really hope Rebellion has the dignity to refuse...
If you go by those standards even iconic cars such as the Jaguar XJR-11 would be badge-engineered. Rover-engine in a TWR-chassis and all of that...
Old 8 Feb 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3023406)   #1588
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
LeManske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, I think it's becoming a bit to much with Lotus! I like the fact that the want to make a name for themselves with Motorsport and yes they do keep cars on the grid, but the Lotus name keeps popping up everywhere, they are already in F1, IRL, GP2, GP3, WSBR, LM P2, GTE, GT3, ... What's next? DTM, WRC, buying the rights for the 908 and rebadge it as Lotus, ...?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3023410)   #1589
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I completely agree about it being a great thing that they want to put money into motorsport. They see it as an important way to reinvigorate their brand and I wish more manufacturers felt the same.

I think people begin to take issue with them when they start sticking iconic paint schemes on cars which aren't theirs, harking back to a time when they were all about innovation and being at the cutting edge. That's the polar opposite of re-badging someone else's work.

I really hope that in terms of their sportscar programme, this 2012 project and rumoured tie-ins with the likes of Rebellion are a toe in the water for something altogether bigger further down the line. If they see a good return on their investment in sportscars that could be the case, and they might set about creating something worthy of their heritage.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3023414)   #1590
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I completely agree about it being a great thing that they want to put money into motorsport. They see it as an important way to reinvigorate their brand and I wish more manufacturers felt the same.

I think people begin to take issue with them when they start sticking iconic paint schemes on cars which aren't theirs, harking back to a time when they were all about innovation and being at the cutting edge. That's the polar opposite of re-badging someone else's work.

I really hope that in terms of their sportscar programme, this 2012 project and rumoured tie-ins with the likes of Rebellion are a toe in the water for something altogether bigger further down the line. If they see a good return on their investment in sportscars that could be the case, and they might set about creating something worthy of their heritage.
I agree 100%. Great post.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3023428)   #1591
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
BTW, GT-Masters is switching to Yokohama this year. Seems like Michelin are also decreasing their activity in racing - I also seem to remember something about them pulling out of LMP2 and only doing 2012 with last year's tires before that.
Michelin also pulled out of the GT1 World Championship.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3023434)   #1592
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still cannot understand the Lotus-Danny Bahr scatter gun badge engineering approach to motorsport, with only the GT program having any real Lotus involvement.
This approach does not sit with what Lotus as a brand stood for. To me Lotus was a car brand built on its own racing heritage of light innovative cars that was to be also found in its road cars that were light with excellent roadholding with modest engines.
Does all this badge engineering mean that the next Lotus will really be a corvette or a proton under the skin and built as far away from Norfolk as possible.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3023442)   #1593
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Michelin also pulled out of the GT1 World Championship.
That's because it is a farce of a championship.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3023701)   #1594
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
ARX-03a photo by honda
Old 9 Feb 2012, 13:39 (Ref:3023704)   #1595
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
ARX-03a photo by honda
what the hell have they done to that beautiful 01e??????
http://circuitprodigital.com/wp-cont...ront2large.jpg
why change the front?
BUTT UGLY
Old 9 Feb 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3023784)   #1596
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
What event is that?
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3024008)   #1597
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
What event is that?
This is the photo of the exhibition of 2012 Honda motor sports activity overview
http://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/...03_509747.html
Old 10 Feb 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3024314)   #1598
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to see development on the Honda
Old 11 Feb 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3024637)   #1599
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Also looks like we will find out a bit more about Aston Martin's programme this year including drivers on the 24th of Feb according to Adrian Fernandez on twitter.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 06:59 (Ref:3024752)   #1600
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Also looks like we will find out a bit more about Aston Martin's programme this year including drivers on the 24th of Feb according to Adrian Fernandez on twitter.
Was wondering when AMR were going to announce their programme for the season. Cheers.

Last edited by Bentley03; 12 Feb 2012 at 08:20. Reason: Moved Rebellion reference to new Rebellion thread.