Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jan 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1199041)   #1
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saloon Cars 2005

2005 CSA Alloy Wheels Saloon Car “Tour de Force”

The 2005 CSA Alloy Wheels Saloon Car Series will be contested over seven rounds with six rounds counting towards establishing the overall winner. The winner of the Series will be the driver who achieves the greatest number of points in the rounds detailed herein, after deleting any points scored at his/her lowest scoring round.

The Series will incorporate two rounds with the V8 Supercar Development series, a round at Barbagallo Raceway WA, and four rounds with the Australian Motor Racing Series (AMRS).

A television package with edited highlights of each round of the Series is being negotiated.

2005 CSA Saloon Car National Series

Round 1. Wakefield Park – NSW AMRS February 26/27
Round 2. Mallala – SA AMRS April 16/17
Round 3. Wakefield Park – NSW AVESCO May 14/15
Round 4. Eastern Creek – NSW AVESCO July 9/10
Round 5. Barbagallo – WA TRUCKS August 6/7
Round 6. Phillip Island – VIC AMRS August 20/21
Round 7. Oran Park – NSW AMRS September 17/18

Saloon Car Racing is delighted to be involved with the exciting Australian Motor Racing Series in its inaugural year. Richard McLean, Garry Wilmington and Rod Dale have put together a series that looks to be a winner. Saloon Car Racing Australia supports the AMRS and wishes them every success in the future.

For any further information please contact SCRA National Administrator Les Morrall.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1199213)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks like a strong package... plenty of multi car teams rumored to be running as well....

Has Saloon Car run in WA before? Seems a looooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg way for the East Coasters to go...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Jan 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1199304)   #3
White Knight

Ran there with the Trucks last year. Around six Sand Gropers (travelling together) did the whole series last year along with several Crow Eaters. So I guess the East Coasters shouldn't complain about one trip a year to the other side of the country.

Old 12 Jan 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1199466)   #4
Aquarius
Racer

Aquarius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why not Winton?
Old 13 Jan 2005, 02:46 (Ref:1199524)   #5
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Has Saloon Car run in WA before? Seems a looooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg way for the East Coasters to go...
Are you suggesting they should not race in WA?
Have you been to any meetings in WA?
Old 13 Jan 2005, 06:50 (Ref:1199571)   #6
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From memory the WA saloon car race in 2004 was one of the larger grids for the year. A lot of SA & local WA guys ran in the race. This years winner was from WA.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1199823)   #7
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason Saloon Cars are not racing at Winton this year is that it is 2 weeks after Mallala & 2 weeks before Wakefield V8's.
SCRA try to have at least 4 weeks between meetings.
I know they tried to get a round at QR with AMRS so as to only have 3 meetings in NSW, but that was only 1 week before the V8's at EC.
Now I understand how hard it is to set up a calendar where meetings are not too close together.
Glad it's not me working it out
This is the second year SC have been too WA, 2003 for the V8's & 2004 trucks, both meetings with plenty of interstate competitors.
WHY? It is such a fantastic class
Old 13 Jan 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1199863)   #8
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Queensland visit? Damn that's disappointing.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1201098)   #9
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
From memory the WA saloon car race in 2004 was one of the larger grids for the year. A lot of SA & local WA guys ran in the race. This years winner was from WA.
Heh yeah I remember thinking "sheesh that's a decent sized grid". I think it was 36-40 odd cars. That'll teach me not to read the schedule.

Was some good racing though.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 03:10 (Ref:1216103)   #10
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Saloon Cars have a new website go to www.tascco.com.au
Old 1 Mar 2005, 03:19 (Ref:1238616)   #11
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
For the write up on last weekends races for Saloon Cars go to:

http://www.tascco.com.au/downloads/W...EPORT_Rd_1.pdf
Old 1 Mar 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1238989)   #12
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Look like a good season ahead Kerri . BTW I really like the Chat forum on the new web site .

I must say these cars are just a delite to drive there really driver friendly the DBA starts on the 11-13th at wakefeild . I can not wait
Old 7 Mar 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1245603)   #13
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
AUSTRALIAN MOTOR RACING SERIES:

SBS SPEEDWEEK AND FOX SPORTS TELEVISION GUIDE

Press Release – For immediate release – 7TH March 2005

www.amrs.net.au

Now the opening round of the inaugural Australian Motor Racing Series (AMRS) has been won and run at Wakefield Park, the experienced crew at AVE are hard at work putting together the TV package for viewing on the SBS Speedweek program and Fox Sports, and what a program they have lined up for you.

The widely recognised Speedweek program will introduce a new and exciting format for the opening AMRS round to be broadcast on the 3rd of April along with a brilliant new graphics program.

The AMRS will be seen on SBS Speedweek and Inside Speed on Fox Sports throughout the entire 2005 season and with over 20 hours of TV planned, the AMRS footage will be on air almost every Sunday until the end of the year. Greg Sita and Nathan Prendergast from AVE have appointed Daniel Gibson from PROCAR prominence and Prime Television in the ACT to follow the new National series as the official series presenter throughout the entire series.

The opening round had some of the best motor racing seen at Wakefield Park and for those not familiar with the AMRS categories this will be an excellent opportunity to view the opening round, some of our categories as well as Daniel’s talents, so tune in and be watching on:

Where: SBS Speedweek - Channel 28

When: Sunday the 3rd of April 2005

Time: 12 noon

Categories on Air: Gulf Western Oil Touring Car Challenge, Kumho Tyres Australian Formula 3 Championship, Shannons Australian Production Car Championship, CSA Alloys Saloon Car Series

*This program is then mirrored onto Fox Sports One – Inside Speed starting the following Thursday between 7-30pm and 8-00pm

Where: SBS Speedweek - Channel 28

When: Sunday the 10th of April 2005

Time: 12 noon

Categories on Air: More footage from the Gulf Western Oil Touring Car Challenge

*This program is then mirrored onto Fox Sports One – Inside Speed starting the following Thursday between 7-30pm and 8-00pm.

Round Two of the Australian Motor Racing Series (AMRS) will be held on April 16 & 17 at Mallala Raceway in South Australia with Formula 3, Australian GT Championship, Australian Porsche Drivers Challenge, Shannons Australian Production Car Championship, Gulf Western Oils Australian Touring Car Challenge, Super Kart Nationals, CSA Alloys Saloon Cars and more competing. Clem Smith from Mallala Motorsport Park, the renowned local promoter always presents a great show for South Australian Motorsport and the AMRS is looking forward to its first visit to South Australia.

For more information on the Australian Motor Racing Series please visit the official website: www.amrs.net.au today.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1248212)   #14
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
How good is this?

http://www.tascco.com.au/nz.htm

Who would have thought they would become an international category
Old 9 Mar 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1248215)   #15
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Webber
I must say these cars are just a delite to drive there really driver friendly the DBA starts on the 11-13th at wakefeild . I can not wait
A write up on the weekends events would be great for the website, a few pics would be good also. (If its not to much trouble)
Old 10 Mar 2005, 05:23 (Ref:1248312)   #16
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
do my best kerri
Old 28 Mar 2005, 13:32 (Ref:1263499)   #17
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
AMRS Mallala April 16/17- Round 2 Saloon Car Series Entry List[U]

66 J. Goodacre SA Avery Scales Commodore Green/Black
34 S. Kwiatkowski SA Westport Cars Falcon Blue
82 G. Brown VIC Fueltreat Australia Falcon Red
86 R. Pichut VIC Discount Adult Stuff Falcon Yellow
69 B. Bowden VIC Australian Business Sales Commodore Orange/Blue
11 G. Johnson WA Hi Tech Motorsport Commodore White/Orange
19 M. Bartsch SA Bartsch Builders Commodore Black/Yellow
46 P. Pennisi VIC Woodstock Bourbon Commodore Black
45 J. Ierardo VIC Woodstock Bourbon Commodore Black
17 M. Lovell SA Batteries Direct Falcon Green
2 B. Heinrich SA Pacemaker Headers Falcon Yellow/Orange
30 D. Page VIC Dexion Franchises Falcon Red/White
47 B. Carrington VIC XTC Engine Management Falcon Orange
67 L. Kearns QLD Goldwell/KMS Haircare Falcon Black
33 P. Fiore WA BRE Performance Commodore Red
73 P. Gruber VIC Brazilian Butterfly Commodore Black
41 M. Primmer NSW Dial 1100 Before You Dig Falcon Red
42 TBA NSW Dial 1100 Before You Dig Falcon Red
36 J. Camilleri QLD Grand Prix Auto Group Falcon Silver
77 M. Pilatti WA Readymix Commodore Red
1 C. Harvey WA Caterpillar Falcon Black
50 B. Niall WA Strategic Transport Falcon Black
54 M. Niall WA Emeco Falcon Black
95 L. Hansen WA Motorworld Commodore Green
70 D. Coon VIC MDC Building Concepts Falcon Blue/White
7 K. Weeks SA Superloc Falcon Red
18 R. Paterson SA Superloc Commodore Red
9 P. Holmes SA Pacemaker Headers Commodore Yellow
80 B. Fox SA LBD Projects/Truckwreck Falcon Black/Silver
5 T. Drewer SA Image Media Racing Falcon White
99 J. Borich WA Rabor Smash Repairs Falcon White/Blue
27 G. Monterosso SA TBA Commodore Red/Yellow
83 A. Hamilton SA Vehtec-Vehicle Management Falcon Yellow
15 S. Jamieson SA TBA Falcon Red/Silver
3 L. Gates SA Pacemaker Headers Commodore Blue
24 D. Lines SA Australian Crash/ Emacord Autos Commodore White
4 P. Calabrese SA Bianco Building Supplies Commodore TBA
62 B. Burr SA Adelaide Clutch & Brake Falcon Purple/Yellow
53 M. West SA Mick West Racing Commodore Red/Yellow/Blue
31 R. Lonie SA Gilbert Motor Bodies Commodore Yellow

Full field of 40 again with 8 reserves, shame you won't be there MW
Would be a good introduction to the National Series playing with all of this lot
Old 28 Mar 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1263518)   #18
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
there some fast boys there Kerri . I'm trying to do one AMRS round this year where possible
My Car is off road in search of some HP I may not make EC on the 9-11/4/05 at this rate .

BTW I'm sorry I have not give you the Wakefiled report as I have not seen my Team manager to get it off him I will do my best to have it on the site this week
Old 28 Mar 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1263525)   #19
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
That's ok, whenever you can get it

Maybe try for PI or Oran Park.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1263536)   #20
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Thanx Kerri

I will most prob do the OP AMRS round but I will have to chat to u about that later . As work now requires me to go to bed

Chat to l8ter

Ps this is what the car looks like now

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\HRE\SR_0382.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Mark Webber; 28 Mar 2005 at 14:27.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1263541)   #21
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
darn I can not seem up put the pic up[ well I'll try later

Last edited by Mark Webber; 28 Mar 2005 at 14:33.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1268709)   #22
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
The Australian Saloon Car Company P/L
Holden v Ford

Media Release

It is with great pleasure that The Australian Saloon Car Company (TASCCO) announce the signing of RDA Rotors & EBC Brakes as naming rights sponsor. Considering the widespread involvement that Rotors and Drums Australia have in motorsport, TASCCO is indeed fortunate to have formed an alliance with this proactive, family owned company.

The signing of RDA Rotors & EBC Brakes as category sponsor is a major boost to TASCCO’s aim of being one of the major support categories available to promoters. It is also a very opportune time to be joining the Saloon Car category with the introduction of the second generation Saloon Cars (VT/AU) in January 2006. There are several other projects being planned by TASCCO that will further enhance the popularity and marketability of the Holden v Ford category.

RDA-EBC Company Profile… Rotors & Drums Australia have joined forces with EBC Brakes Australia to offer customers an extended range of brake replacement parts. Rotors & Drums Australia commenced operations in Melbourne as a trade and retail parts supplier in 1987. Today RDA is the largest supplier of Disc Brake Rotors and Brake Drums in Australia and New Zealand, with a range of parts to suit over 1450 vehicle applications. EBC Brakes is the worlds leading brand of Kevlar brake pads and parts. EBC Brakes offer parts for race and high performance street machines and were introduced into Australia in 2000. For more information go to www.rdabrakes.com.au

RDA Managing Director, Les Smith said, “RDA Rotors & EBC Brakes is proud to enhance our relationship with TASCCO.” “The Saloon Car involvement is a further example of our brake products becoming the product of choice against more highly priced and fancied competitor product.”

“The brake components used by the Saloon Cars and several other categories are standard off the shelf componentry as sold and distributed by our 1200 resellers around Australia.”

“Our Motorsport involvement allows us to monitor our products in extreme conditions, to ensure that long operating life goes hand in hand with value for money.”

The Australian Saloon Car Company is proud to have RDA Rotors & EBC Brakes as category sponsor, and looks forward to a long and successful partnership.

Regards
Les Morrall
Category Manager – TASCCO
www.tascco.com.au
Old 4 Apr 2005, 05:51 (Ref:1269438)   #23
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Q. How does one get a drive in the Woodstock Bourbon team?
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1269763)   #24
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
Q. How does one get a drive in the Woodstock Bourbon team?
If you go onto the Tascco website www.tascco.com.au and look up the contact details for the Victorian State Co ordinator, Peter Cromie, he crews for the Woodstock team, give him a call, I'm sure he has some information.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1269812)   #25
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerri, what will the introduction of the VT and AU next year do to the VN's and EA's? Will they still be eligible, and would a multi-class system be introduced to keep them going? (Or is there room for a Saloon Car Development Series? Drivers aged under 20 only maybe?)