Old 4 Oct 2007, 21:06 (Ref:2031319)   #101
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
Conditions look good, lots of rain in the last 72 hours.
My record of keeping upright in mud is not good!
Old 4 Oct 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2031349)   #102
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
My record of keeping upright in mud is not good!
Mud ain't so bad

Old 5 Oct 2007, 00:49 (Ref:2031484)   #103
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
man, if you ride often in gunk like that, its gotta be hard on chains and sprockets! and you know what they say, eating a bit of dirt now and then is good for the digestive tract!

you know guys, I kinda live vicariously seeing your posts, its fun without the falls...
Old 7 Feb 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2123412)   #104
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few pics for you. The first one is my bike followed by a few ride pics.

http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1202408368
Attached Thumbnails
Feb_2.jpg   Dec_8.jpg  
Old 13 Feb 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2128167)   #105
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Howdy, yours is the Gixxer, not the Honda twin right? This makes me laugh as I am about to go and shovel out 20cm of snow from the driveway and the much larger and higher pile the streetplow made....

good and safe riding you California bum...

ps, it would be nice to see Hayden being competitive this year again, and I hope the Suzukis are up there to just to make things interesting...

cheers
Old 13 Feb 2008, 20:53 (Ref:2128214)   #106
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
I rode the new MV F4 312R the other day....
Old 13 Feb 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2128249)   #107
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What, no pics???

How did you like it?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2128256)   #108
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
Howdy, yours is the Gixxer, not the Honda twin right? This makes me laugh as I am about to go and shovel out 20cm of snow from the driveway and the much larger and higher pile the streetplow made....

good and safe riding you California bum...

ps, it would be nice to see Hayden being competitive this year again, and I hope the Suzukis are up there to just to make things interesting...

cheers
Yep, mine is the Gixxer. We have snow...
in the mountains.

FYI, that's a Mille in one pic and an RC51 in the other.

Ditto seeing Hayden being competitive. But I don't see it happening. Honda will make sure the bike suits Pedrobot. And I'd love to see the Suzuki boys up there as well. Hopefully the racing is a bit better this year. If not, we always have World Superbike.

Oh, I've also scheduled my first track day for April. So I will be sure to post up about that.

And Slippy, I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me get a YZ250F. So hopefully I'll soon be on dirt AND asphalt!
Old 13 Feb 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2128263)   #109
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
What, no pics???

How did you like it?
No pics from me, someone else tested it. It was......incredible. It sounded like nothing else I've ever ridden and the brakes were stupendous, absolutely stunning.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2128751)   #110
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My bike (well scooter) sounds somewhat pathetic after all the previous posts. However, I love it (and each to their own!) it is a 50 c.c rechipped so can manage 100 k.p.h. with a following wind & downhill, MBK i(Spanish Yamaha) in Jaguar racing coloiurs signed by Eddie Irvine & Pedro de la Rosa. For 4 months a year (5 years) I ride it in Spain and so far it has notched up 13,000 km and is booked in for new tyres. Once away from the coastal road you are often alone. I can manage 150K after which the female anatomy becomes a problem as numbness sets in! (Too much information?)
Old 14 Feb 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2129155)   #111
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
LYNX I shall probably ride down to our place in Spain and Leave my Yamaha down there ready for the "hot summer" The only problem is I hate putting the proper gear on in the heat. Perhaps I should ride about like the kids down there, shorts/ T shirt/flip flops/ helmet fitted to the seat.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Feb 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2129161)   #112
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
LYNX I shall probably ride down to our place in Spain and Leave my Yamaha down there ready for the "hot summer" The only problem is I hate putting the proper gear on in the heat. Perhaps I should ride about like the kids down there, shorts/ T shirt/flip flops/ helmet fitted to the seat.
ATGATT
Old 14 Feb 2008, 22:53 (Ref:2129197)   #113
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Perhaps I should ride about like the kids down there, shorts/ T shirt/flip flops/ helmet fitted to the seat.
Squid!
Old 15 Feb 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2129377)   #114
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Quote:
Gordon - I'd put my name down for a share of your organs when needed but if you enjoy the sun, sea & sangria life they're probably U.S.

Seriously - enjoy! I would never ride in the UK again.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2131240)   #115
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16345037@N03/

Open this and click on the motorcycle pictures. I have ridden this and its certainly different !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Feb 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2132039)   #116
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Wow!........it's certainly a one-off. What's the performance?
Old 19 Apr 2008, 22:12 (Ref:2181610)   #117
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
My first track day:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....08&postcount=1

Old 21 Apr 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2182932)   #118
djb
Veteran

hey there JH, great, glad things went well. Its great to be able to incrementaly increase corner speeds in a controlled setting huh? And to be able to see how the bike reacts to higher and higher cornering speeds in a given corner that you can be sure of how the grip is going tobe and as you become familiar with the corners.

very cool, glad you had a good time, must have been a gas...I'm envious.
Be safe and all on the street (although dont ya find that going "fast" on the street looses its appeal after being on the track, around corners anyway, was for me-good thing actually...)

cheers

ps just looked at the track layout , which loop were you on?

Last edited by djb; 21 Apr 2008 at 13:48.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2183023)   #119
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
hey there JH, great, glad things went well. Its great to be able to incrementaly increase corner speeds in a controlled setting huh? And to be able to see how the bike reacts to higher and higher cornering speeds in a given corner that you can be sure of how the grip is going tobe and as you become familiar with the corners.

very cool, glad you had a good time, must have been a gas...I'm envious.
Be safe and all on the street (although dont ya find that going "fast" on the street looses its appeal after being on the track, around corners anyway, was for me-good thing actually...)

cheers

ps just looked at the track layout , which loop were you on?
Thanks djb. It was great fun indeed. We ran configuration 13, clockwise.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2183137)   #120
djb
Veteran

13--looks like a really cool variation, you must have been really honking going into that really big kink along the straight after the turn named Riverside, the Lost Hill kinky thing. Looks like you woulda hit 120 130? (trying to guess but its haard to judge scale) but anyway, a really really neat mix of sweeperish corners, some slow ones with hard braking and some neat chicanissh stuff....

very cool indeed...you know ive said before how i live a bit vicariously reading you guys talk about riding, but this one is up there.

oh, any idea what sort of times you were doing, high 1 mins? near 2 minutes maybe. I'd be curious if had timing done (which I guess you did as you referred to it) This is the sort of thing though that if you'd want to do more, you'd want to buy a slightly dented crasher bike that you wouldnt be heart broken if you tossed it. Nice shot of you too...

cheers again
Old 22 Apr 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2184180)   #121
abrussich
Rookie

United States
Houston, Texas
abrussich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Occasional street riding, mainly when the cars are out of commision. Used to ride a lot more, just don't have the time as much lately.
Do not know how to insert images here but the bikes in the garage at present are a Ducati 900ss/sp -1997 and a Ducati M900Sie - 2000.
The ss is my principle two wheeler and the monster belongs to the wife unit.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2184206)   #122
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am currently a learner on a 125 Hyosung Aquilla

Looks more powerful than it is but it sure rides nice

TFHarv - the image you linked was bringing up a dialog box requiring username and paswword. Could just be a protected site, could be something worse, so I deleted the link. If it's just a pic you want to post, best to copy it to your hard drive then add as an attachment - garcon.

Last edited by garcon; 23 Apr 2008 at 17:13.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 13:15 (Ref:2184861)   #123
djb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrussich
Occasional street riding, mainly when the cars are out of commision. Used to ride a lot more, just don't have the time as much lately.
Do not know how to insert images here but the bikes in the garage at present are a Ducati 900ss/sp -1997 and a Ducati M900Sie - 2000.
The ss is my principle two wheeler and the monster belongs to the wife unit.
the neighbors must love it if you both start em up for an early morning ride....
jokes aside, four cylinders at once must make a very interesting bass note...
Old 23 Apr 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2184932)   #124
abrussich
Rookie

United States
Houston, Texas
abrussich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been at the same address for a while now and most of the neighbors are used to the noise. We have a variety of toys in the garage and it's more a case of the neighbors wondering what we're up to next. Especially on Saturday mornings.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2184961)   #125
djb
Veteran

he he

did you ever see the film "The Fastest Indian" ? One of the opening scenes with neighbors made me think of this......