Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1320648)   #76
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Ryder
Sorry I was refering to the tactics of Corvette team.

Would it really be wise for the ACO to penalise 8 cars for running under the 3"55 and 4"08 marks. If so, I could quite easily see a lot of the teams kicking up a fuss about it.
Sorry, I don't understand. Why is Corvette clever?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1320651)   #77
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Been said before on this forum (somewhere...) that there's a big fundamental difference between the Racesport TVR and the purple LNT cars, which would explain the pace difference. I personally think it's a small shame that Gruppe M aren't here too. Reckon they would be able to run at the front of the class?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1320652)   #78
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
19 dodge. Looking at this picture: http://www.the-paddock.net/index.php...=detail&id=170
it seems like the Ferrari squats under acceleration.

Whereas the Aston doesn't http://www.the-paddock.net/index.php...=detail&id=172

It is hard to tell about the Aston, because it is difficult to know if the situation is exactly the same (it might be in a gear change, a different place, or not trying).
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1320657)   #79
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
- GT2s : I loe the Spyker, but it's really slow. The rest are fine, even if the best Porkers will be difficult to beat again...
But they are not the slowest GT2 car, did the slower cars less laps?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1320658)   #80
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A big 'WELL DONE!!!' to the-paddock for getting the pics posted so quickly, and to Robert Prange for the quality of the pics. I'm genuinely impressed!

Those Pescas are truly impressive. Not bad for a car that's never seen a wind tunnel!!

The podium looks out of reach for Creation and Jota. I get the impression they both struggled on the long straights.

And what of the Dallara Nissan. Can anyone tell me what's going on there?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1320661)   #81
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
19 dodge. Looking at this picture: http://www.the-paddock.net/index.php...=detail&id=170
it seems like the Ferrari squats under acceleration.

Whereas the Aston doesn't http://www.the-paddock.net/index.php...=detail&id=172

It is hard to tell about the Aston, because it is difficult to know if the situation is exactly the same (it might be in a gear change, a different place, or not trying).
It was taken a t the same place, Adam, and both were pushing hard there (except if the AM was slow on this lap, but unlikely)... I didn't notice the fact from the side of the track (distance+fences+didn't pay enough attention)...

What I noticed, is the fact that P1, but especially Audis, didn't succeed to take off the GT1s at acceleration (mostly the Vettes and the AM)... the GT1s are very fast.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1320662)   #82
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
after 1st practise I found it amusing that AM and others had decided to say "bugger" the supposed/possible time restrictions whereas Corvette was playing it safe. Must have been a lot of head scratching the night before by Dave Richards and Co., as whether to push beyond 3"55 or not.

I guess we'll soon find out whether it was "clever" or not to go for it.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1320663)   #83
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Impressive, I'd be unable to do that ! *applause*

What would you like as a reward ?

Just remember my "mis-placed" prediction at Noon on Race Day when everyone gives the "Traditional Toast" to the Pole Contest winner...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1320668)   #84
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
But they are not the slowest GT2 car, did the slower cars less laps?
Hey, you're right ! Amazing ! I'm glad for the Spyker Squadron, and I cancel my first comment... good job, guys (5 GT2s behind them, and 4'14 is a not a small thing, IMHO).

I can't remember the other lapping significantly less. The Spyker laped few in the morning...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1320671)   #85
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The podium looks out of reach for Creation and Jota. I get the impression they both struggled on the long straights.?
Both (but especially the Jota) seemed somwhat weak on acceleration (compared with Audis, but mostly Pescas, which were unbeatable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
And what of the Dallara Nissan. Can anyone tell me what's going on there?
Both Dallaras were great IMHO, even if the Judd engine helps alot...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1320681)   #86
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A big 'WELL DONE!!!' to the-paddock for getting the pics posted so quickly, and to Robert Prange for the quality of the pics. I'm genuinely impressed!

thanks Fab we really do appreciate that
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1320687)   #87
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whats the betting the hybrids will head all of the other LMP1s during qualifyng?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1320697)   #88
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
thanks Fab we really do appreciate that
I'll second Bentley03's comment to deserve your thank you

Real good job, no doubt !
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1320699)   #89
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Whats the betting the hybrids will head all of the other LMP1s during qualifyng?
As far as the hybrids are set and trim properly, they should fullfill the first rows... but the hability of Audi to trim their cars is still impressing...

Note that part of the teams are not interrested by the grid (including Oreca), and will focus on the race set-up instead of running after a prestigious place at the start...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1320711)   #90
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And here are some more pics: Fabulous Fab's Fotos Part II (scroll down a bit to get to the new pics).
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1320714)   #91
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I just wish the TVR could perform well instead of lurking in the shadows of the 'other' purple TVR's. I suppose this tells us something about funding then!
Quite depressing really.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1320722)   #92
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
I'll second Bentley03's comment to deserve your thank you

Real good job, no doubt !
ahh yes, thanks Bentley03.. i got you two mixed up sorry lol
Old 5 Jun 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1320724)   #93
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Sorry I was refering to the tactics of Corvette team.

Would it really be wise for the ACO to penalise 8 cars for running under the 3"55 and 4"08 marks. If so, I could quite easily see a lot of the teams kicking up a fuss about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE

Sorry, I don't understand. Why is Corvette clever?
Ok, now I understand you are referring to art. 19.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1320820)   #94
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The plane landed at 18h00, Sébastien Loeb arrived at 18h10 on the circuit and started his 10 laps at 18h17. The Grandstands in front of the Pescarolo's boxes were as crowded as they are the day of the race. And all the "Forza Pescarolo" supporters were present ! We all applaused this fantastic performance.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1320851)   #95
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
What I noticed, is the fact that P1, but especially Audis, didn't succeed to take off the GT1s at acceleration (mostly the Vettes and the AM)... the GT1s are very fast.
They are also fast in curves. Astons were very impressive in the new La Chapelle curve. But ACO doesn't want GT1 cars in 3'50".
Old 5 Jun 2005, 22:53 (Ref:1320920)   #96
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
The plane landed at 18h00, Sébastien Loeb arrived at 18h10 on the circuit and started his 10 laps at 18h17. The Grandstands in front of the Pescarolo's boxes were as crowded as they are the day of the race. And all the "Forza Pescarolo" supporters were present ! We all applaused this fantastic performance.

what kind of times did Sebastian do ??

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1320944)   #97
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pascal I hope the ACO dosent do anything rash and slap on some smaller restrictors or anything like that onto the GT1 cars, and personally I dont think they will do either. It would be bad form by the ACO if they were to do this IMO and would once again cause disharmony between the FIA GT/ALMS/LMES in terms of regulations. Hopefully the ACO will leave things the way they are at least until 2006, as it is the GT1 cars arent a threat to the lead LMP 1 runners unless they have some major problems, still I woudnt bet against a pole GT1 time of 3:46/3:47.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1320948)   #98
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I very much doubt the ACO woudl restrict the GT1/2 cars any further.

If they did, and its a big if, I confidently predict the end of GT1 in the next few years.

Why spend LMP level budgets on GT1 cars that are being pegged back massively and not fullfilling their potential.

I'm sure GM and Aston would sooner half their budget and go chase Porsche in GT2 with a version of the C6 and Aston V8 respectively.

If they have bigger ambitions theres always LMP1/2.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 01:07 (Ref:1320983)   #99
sportscarsRULE
Racer

United States
Bristol, TN
sportscarsRULE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Corvette sandbagged b/c of what happened last year. Remember? They flew during testing and Prodrive really got their stuff together for the race and snatched the pole away from the Vettes at the last instant. I think (and I hope!) P&M are just hiding their hand until race weekend.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 04:04 (Ref:1321025)   #100
CorvetteC6R
Rookie

CorvetteC6R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sandbagging?! no...