Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Oct 2004, 13:06 (Ref:1123182)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British GP 2005 - it's on the calendar

I've just seen details of the 2005 F1 Calendar.

The British Grand Prix is on there.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1123184)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As we knew last night. And not a really a surprise anyway.

Interestingly France and Imola are on it too...

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Oct 2004 at 13:10.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1123193)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, we knew it was "expected to be" on it last night

There will most likely be 19 races next year, but it will all work out in Bernie's favour
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1123264)   #4
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, but what was the problems with France and Imola?
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1123266)   #5
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here is the full line up

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...131004-01.html

2005 FIA Formula One World Championship

The following calendar was voted by the World Council.

Australia 06 March

Malaysia 20 March

Bahrain 03 April

France* 17 April (* contract under discussion)

San Marino* 24 April (* subject to compliance with contract)

Spain 08 May

Monaco 22 May

Europe Date to be confirmed

Canada 12 June

United States Date to be confirmed

Great Britain* 3 July (* contract under discussion)

Germany 17 July

Hungary 31 July

Turkey 21 August

Italy 04 September

Belgium 11 September

Brazil 25 September

Japan 09 October

China Date to be confirmed

The dates for the Grands Prix of Europe, USA and China will be confirmed no later than the meeting of the World Motor Sport Council on December 10, 2004.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1123270)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Gunnell
Sorry, but what was the problems with France and Imola?
France was touch and go this year due to lack of a promoter and financial viability of the event.

Imola - it was widely thought that this would be lopped off the calendar to make way for one of the new venues, and there has been questioning of the facilities a la Silverstone.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1123271)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

I think we can assume France, San Marino and Britain will go ahead - because it would leave big gaps on the calendar otherwise.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:16 (Ref:1123273)   #8
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The French aren't fronting the money - they've been having problems with that for a few years...but how's Bernie going to weasel out of the San Marino contract?
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:19 (Ref:1123278)   #9
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
At least one will go unless BE can get the teams to agree to an additional race, for which he will have to dig into his pocket or get some sort trade off against the rules package.

IIRC, some of the teams would prefer to see 17 races, but this may just be a bargaining tool.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:20 (Ref:1123280)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

I believe the teams will agree to nineteen races.

They were told that was likely many months ago.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1123285)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
I believe the teams will agree to nineteen races.

They were told that was likely many months ago.
I think they will agree in the end, it's a question of what is offered in return....a favourite must be retaining V10's as the main player's are more interested in the regs, than money.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1123287)   #12
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Thank you Super Tourer. Although if there is a problem with too many races why not drop the San Marino and European grand prixs. Because I throught that each country should only have one race each.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:34 (Ref:1123295)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Thank you Super Tourer. Although if there is a problem with too many races why not drop the San Marino and European grand prixs. Because I throught that each country should only have one race each.
All part of who offers the most money to hold the race, I believe Bernie is asking $40M per race from the new venues, with a 10% increase per year.

France coughed at the amount they were being asked to find and bearing in mind the only income they receive is the gate money.

Whilst government's in the developing markets for F1 will drop money at FOM's feet to hold races, they will take it, obviously at the expense of 'traditional circuits'.

The reason why there were often more races per country in Europe is that this was the heartland for F1 20 years ago. The GP of Europe used to be a roving race that moved between European circuits before finding a permanent home at the Nurburgring.

Nowadays, a combination of the tobacco advertising issue and the emerging markets has seen the focus increasingly shift from Europe, although in the short/medium term the bulk of the races will still be held there.

The future is probably a new circuit in Russia and re-visiting South Africa and Mexico along with 2 races in the USA, which will inevitably put pressure on more European races.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1123311)   #14
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
ALthough these is going off the title of the thread. But if Russia, South Africa, Mexico and the second race in the USA do go ahead then how many races will the teams allow and who is going to be queezed out. The British grand prix is safe at the moment, but for how long.

Last edited by Andrew Gunnell; 13 Oct 2004 at 14:45.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1123320)   #15
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
ALthough these is going off the title of the thread. But if Russia, South Africa, Mexico and the second race in the USA do go ahead then how many races will the teams allow and who is going to be queezed out. The British grand prix is safe at the moment, but for how long.
I think BE has 20 races in mind as the number he would like to see. He would also like to see the 2 day GP weekend, an example of which we saw at Japan by default, which he thinks would 'free up' teams to attend more races, which could then be run back to back more easily.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 15:04 (Ref:1123326)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would have thought that Silverstone will remain in the long-term, it is a little bit important IMHO. Besides, they are only going to get to continue if a package is put together to deliver the standards that are expected these days it would appear. That is what this whole offer scenario is over, so here is hoping success is found. If it is, and Silverstone's uninspiring but bearable services are improved a great deal then good stuff; things are still somewhat up in the air, but these things tend to get worked out. Many reasons for that, potentially, of course.

It has just reminded me to say that I was at Silverstone 2000 weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it personally. Sure, it was windy, cold and ****ing with rain most of time (I didn't mind, for I greatly enjoy watching motor vehicles at speed in wet conditions). The mud was quite entertaining too. The toilet facilities were somewhat ****, though a degree of improvement over when I went in 1997.

In 1997 the camp site porta-loos blocked by the middle of day 2, Friday. They gradually filled up up with peoples' sewage until they were just about over flowing. Didn't shower for 4 days, they didn' work. Had to give it a go over a pan.

From an organisation perspective, many things could have been better.

I thoroughly loved both weekends, for I was watching various types of cars flying around a race track. It was great. All the other things surrounding it I didn't really give much of **** about. I was there to watch cars go vroom-vroom, preferably not bang-bang.

Okay, I think I will stop there.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 18:26 (Ref:1123517)   #17
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what price the tickets will be if it goes ahead? £190 or £90?!
Old 13 Oct 2004, 18:29 (Ref:1123520)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
£90 I hope.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1123976)   #19
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
I He would also like to see the 2 day GP weekend, an example of which we saw at Japan by default...
But if the day 2 format goes ahead, the circuits will be resieving less money from gate resits and therefore will be less able to pay the ransom put up by BE. Specially Silverstone who get very little money from the British Government unlike other circuits.
Unless BE will allow the circuits to resiene more money from the event.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 11:12 (Ref:1124164)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by graves
Wonder what price the tickets will be if it goes ahead? £190 or £90?!
What does  mean?

I'm hoping that the prices stay the same as 2004, £90 for weekend general admission, £135 for places like Bridge and Farm (weekend admission with roving grandstand on friday and saturday) and £165 for all other grandstands like Copse, main straight, Stowe etc (weekend admission with roving grandstand on friday and saturday).

Due to these prices, the boys played to a packed house for the first time in a few years in 2004
Old 14 Oct 2004, 11:24 (Ref:1124174)   #21
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Due to some clever trickery with default fonts on the server, it seems an Á has appeared in front of a £ on anything posted before sometime last night...

I could go in and delete all the Á's, but I have a life. And a job. For now.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1124422)   #22
PeterJohnstone
Rookie

PeterJohnstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For security reasons the Petition to save Silverstone that a great number of you signed has moved from Petiton Online to

http://www.grandprixmagazine.com/petition/ardguest.php

This is because we had no powers to delete rogue entries whereas on here we do

If you haven't signed it please do so

The 6000 or so posts are being moved to the new petition from PetitionOnline
Old 14 Oct 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1124625)   #23
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And very sucsessful it has been, Well done Peter.

I'm suprised that the vast majourity who have been signing are not British.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 23:55 (Ref:1124849)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

That petition was started by kids, clearly, was then hijacked by idiots and turned into a farce.

It has achieved very little - as the race was in no more danger at the time the petition was started as it is now.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 06:47 (Ref:1129038)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More on this from Sporting Life. It's not over yet.

http://www.sportinglife.com/story_ge...al_064012.html