Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Dec 2007, 03:21 (Ref:2093635)   #1
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Master Down Under

Formula Master looks set to come down under with plans well advanced for a new Oceania Series starting at Sydney's Eastern Creek Raceway late next year.
The new series will provide a major challenge to the F3 administrators in this country.
The story here... www.pitlanepr.com/inpitlane
Old 22 Dec 2007, 05:57 (Ref:2093659)   #2
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you perhaps mean September 19-21? In August 19-21 is Tue-Thu...

I watched most rounds of International Formula Master this year and the racing was excellent, couldn't knock that. It seemed that its major appeal was to those drivers who wanted to race in F3ES but didn't have the cash. I wonder what sort of budget is going to be required for Oceania Formula Master? Aussie F3 is incredibly cheap compared to F3ES, with its international nature I can't see OFM being cheaper, but who knows?

I don't think this is much of a threat to Aussie F3, which is going from strength to strength at the moment anyway, lots of new equipment arriving for next year.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 06:53 (Ref:2093668)   #3
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB
Do you perhaps mean September 19-21? In August 19-21 is Tue-Thu...

I watched most rounds of International Formula Master this year and the racing was excellent, couldn't knock that. It seemed that its major appeal was to those drivers who wanted to race in F3ES but didn't have the cash. I wonder what sort of budget is going to be required for Oceania Formula Master? Aussie F3 is incredibly cheap compared to F3ES, with its international nature I can't see OFM being cheaper, but who knows?

I don't think this is much of a threat to Aussie F3, which is going from strength to strength at the moment anyway, lots of new equipment arriving for next year.
Yes you're right it was September, I always have a problem with that month. I think it's because I'm a Collingwood supporter, many bad childhood memories.
Anyway from what I've been told the budget is in fact stunningly reasonable for a series of this size. In fact the driver approached said it was around the same price or cheaper than a top level National Formula Ford drive.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 07:56 (Ref:2093673)   #4
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great...another series
Old 22 Dec 2007, 09:46 (Ref:2093693)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have always thought the IFM was a rival for GP2 & WSR-it replaced a F3000 series? -rather than F3 which is the '3rd division'
Old 22 Dec 2007, 10:51 (Ref:2093711)   #6
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It replaced one of the series, but the cars are really similar to F3 gear but cheaper. Super 2000 touring car engine in a next set of rules F3 tub.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 14:18 (Ref:2093792)   #7
Lightning Bug
Racer

Lightning Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB
It seemed that its major appeal was to those drivers who wanted to race in F3ES but didn't have the cash.
Most of them are similarly bereft of talent as well. Which is why the racing is so entertaining.