Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Apr 2002, 19:37 (Ref:265059)   #1
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Renault Monza

I read in this week's AUTOSPORT that Formula Renault Monza, a slicks and wings stepping stone to FRenault proper is to be introduced into the UK next year. There are fears that if could affect FFord Zetec dramatically.

I would really hate to see FFord go down the drain after its been such a great trainer of talent in recent years.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 08:56 (Ref:268201)   #2
Edd
Rookie

Edd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless Formula Ford gets its act together and pushes down costs, it is in serious trouble. The next few years could be a little weak as drivers will be more interested in putting their budgets towards Formula Renault.

Tim Sugden said that National Formula Ford is a complete waste of money for what it is, and Renault Monza looks like a decent series that will attract more guys from Formula Ford.

The national championship should not allow new chassis designs every season so it can merge with the junior championship and ensure decent grids.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 09:08 (Ref:268208)   #3
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The name 'Monza' alone is reason enough to want to be part of it. Was ever there a more mellifluous name to circulate in motorsport circles?

It just sounds so damn right!
Old 23 Apr 2002, 19:52 (Ref:268764)   #4
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed that they can be selected with or without wings. I hope the without wings option is chosen, just because it should create better racing.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 20:03 (Ref:268782)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
.. which will oh-so-nicely put it into direct competition with formula ford.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 21:26 (Ref:268894)   #6
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm..in my opinion the name Monza is reason enough not to drive it...well almost
Old 23 Apr 2002, 22:55 (Ref:268962)   #7
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion most people will make decisions on what series to race based on what counts most in motorsport - money, not names.

For Monza to replace Ford as the premier junior single seater series, it needs to control costs, with restrictions on tyres, testing and parts, as currently happens with Formula Renault.

For Formula Ford to survive in close to its current format, I believe that it needs similar controls. Ford is too expensive now, and if a similar formula came along that was cheaper, lots of drivers would go for it.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 21:08 (Ref:269820)   #8
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just watching a program called "Food addicts" (I think) on the telly. It's on how the supermarkets took over Britain and the world. Well, let's just think about. This can compare directly to what Renault our doing..
You can drive the high quality F3 or settle for Renault "value". It tastes almost the same for only a fraction of the cost.
And coming soon, Renaults own FF: F Renault Monza, better value...
It's a clever idea. Renault is organising their own test days as well.

Well there are many parallels to be drawn...the big chains are taking over by cutting prizes..

Any thoughts on how to make a formula more attractive??
Old 25 Apr 2002, 08:19 (Ref:270079)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford is too Expensive and needs to reduce costs . But i hate to think that Monza could overtake it or replace it . FF just needs to sort its self aout abit more .
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:38 (Ref:271642)   #10
Aussie 05
Rookie

Aussie 05 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Formula Monza looks good, but also BMW Juniour Formula Series is looking to expand into the UK to isn't it. Now those ADAC BMW cars looks quality!

So check out my homepage for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 19:01 (Ref:272693)   #11
Philip C
Rookie

Philip C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i cant say that i have heard too much bout Monza but in my opinion i feel that any new class that brings in the 'slicks and wings' element has the potential to attract drivers away from FF. The younger a driver is when they start to learn the effects of wings will benefit them in the long run. Just look at Formula Honda for example. They use 'slicks and wings' and have attracted drivers as young as 16. they are still only a small formula but have been growing each year. but thats just my view.

Philip C