Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jul 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3431017)   #826
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is if Hamilton stops trying to play mind games.

You have to be more intelligent that your opponent to do that.

Now, there's nothing wrong with a racing driver who's a bit thick - some of them simply are and history is full of examples of them being highly successful. But only if they concentrate on racing.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3431026)   #827
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
It is if Hamilton stops trying to play mind games.

You have to be more intelligent that your opponent to do that.

Now, there's nothing wrong with a racing driver who's a bit thick - some of them simply are and history is full of examples of them being highly successful. But only if they concentrate on racing.
Agreed.. Lewis is so emotional, which as much as it's nice to see
heart worn on the sleeve' it just gets in the way ..He is better to just drive the car as fast as possible, leave all that other stuff out of it..

Great driver though...
Old 6 Jul 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3431040)   #828
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Oscar Wilde would be stunned into silence at your repartee.
"There is only one thing worse than being talked about..... and that is displaying your IQ openly on the internet.......

Oscar Wilde.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3431044)   #829
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
"There is only one thing worse than being talked about..... and that is displaying your IQ openly on the internet.......

Oscar Wilde.
Priceless .....
Old 6 Jul 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3431131)   #830
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
What was all that moody stuff about in the pre podium room?

Jeez, the guy just won the thing and got his title chances back on track and he looked about as delighted as being told he had been disqualified!!

A faster driver ultimately he might be, but he's got very poor mind management and pretty poor discipline when it boils down to it.

Is he nailed on at that team? aren't the team management getting a bit weary of all his sullen moods and stilted communication by now?
Old 6 Jul 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3431155)   #831
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Nico is faster then you Princess Hamateur ... well, duhhh
Snigger...
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3431176)   #832
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please don't encourage him.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3431190)   #833
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Oscar Wilde.
Best Oscar Wilde quote ever.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 03:24 (Ref:3431236)   #834
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
The game is well and truly on now in a massive way...
Isn't it just? Great I reckon. I really hope that we don't see any of the sulky attitude and general finger pointing / attempted mind games for the rest of the season & the two of them duke it out on track.

To my mind, with the team having the edge that it clearly has on the rest, having the two team mates go hard at it up the front is what the sport needs.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 05:47 (Ref:3431274)   #835
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But with Mercedes not having it's reliability 100% you get the feeling the title will be decided by it. It's already been a heavy influence.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3431286)   #836
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, essentially.

Both drivers are fine. Hamilton needs to simplify his approach and clear his mind though. He would benefit from a mind coach IMO, he is a clever bloke but too often clouded by emotion. Nico has ice in his veins.

That said, the emotion does bring out some charging drives.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3431330)   #837
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Yes, essentially.

Both drivers are fine. Hamilton needs to simplify his approach and clear his mind though. He would benefit from a mind coach IMO, he is a clever bloke but too often clouded by emotion. Nico has ice in his veins.

That said, the emotion does bring out some charging drives.
He said pretty much exactly that in a post race interview.

But, tbh, as long as the racing is good, I care very little about what any driver says off track! I always find it odd when people slag off a racing driver for off track comments - they are racing drivers, not actors or politicians.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3431374)   #838
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, as long as they don't say anything utterly boneheaded I don't mind.

Hamilton's honesty is partly his downfall though, because it shows to Nico that he is getting under his skin. That feeds his confidence, no doubt. He needs to keep his cards close to his chest and deploy the poker face. Hamilton must realise that, but he is incapable of holding back. From a fans point of view it is part endearing, part irritating and, at times, Hamilton is far too self critical in public. He has nothing to fear if he just calms himself down and stops being so bloody anxious all the time.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3431384)   #839
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Yep, I'd agree with all of that.

I know I can be an arch critic of Hamilton but I'd like a good battle for the title and I'm not really bothered which of them comes out on top.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3431411)   #840
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'll just say what I see. If someone does something dumb, I'll say it's dumb, vice versa if someone does something conspicuously clever. It's just commentary.

Hamilton is back in the hunt. So we'll see if he can use his second chance as an effective trampoline to leapfrog Rosberg.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3431440)   #841
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still think this is not Formula One, but it is racing which is good. Thinking back to the Schumacher/Barrichello Ferrari days, whilst Ruben wasn't consistently on Schumacher ' tail, this shows what was missing from that era. Don't like Lewis' petulance but he can drive and should just stick to that. Nico otoh has adopted his father's ability to get under a team mate's skin.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3431445)   #842
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i feel like you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this...which of course is fair given the closeness of this title battle but seriously what is a mind coach and where do i find one???

5 wins to 3...seems to me like he is focusing on his driving when it matters.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3431698)   #843
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Still think this is not Formula One, but it is racing which is good. Thinking back to the Schumacher/Barrichello Ferrari days, whilst Ruben wasn't consistently on Schumacher ' tail, this shows what was missing from that era. Don't like Lewis' petulance but he can drive and should just stick to that. Nico otoh has adopted his father's ability to get under a team mate's skin.
Why do people think NR has got 'under LH's skin'?

I'm not seeing it. I do see LH making a massive cockup in quali, unrelated to NR, which he then converted to a win. No skin burrowing there....
Old 8 Jul 2014, 09:21 (Ref:3431713)   #844
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit of Hamilton vs Rosberg banter post race. Rosberg fired the first shot by saying "I would have won the race". Then Hamilton comes back saying Germany is not Nico's home race.

Old 8 Jul 2014, 09:37 (Ref:3431721)   #845
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:

I'm not seeing it. I do see LH making a massive cockup in quali, unrelated to NR, which he then converted to a win. No skin burrowing there....
I see it as suggesting that the reason Hamilton is making mistakes is that Nico is getting under his skin. Possibly not by any action other than being better than Hamilton expected him to be.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 10:09 (Ref:3431731)   #846
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
A bit of Hamilton vs Rosberg banter post race. Rosberg fired the first shot by saying "I would have won the race". Then Hamilton comes back saying Germany is not Nico's home race.

It thought that Hamilton was catching up because of Rosberg's gearbox troubles before it failed altogether. And yes, Rosberg is monégasque if anything and all of the money he makes with sponsorship contracts in Germany ends up in that tax haven.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 10:51 (Ref:3431748)   #847
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Because hitherto Hamilton has said he's gonna win and wins up 2nd in the same machinery on a few occasions. Afterwards Hamilton has looked quite dejected.

Noone is saying that Rosberg is out with his Hamilton voodoo doll or that Hamilton can't recapture ground lost. Indeed, given that the points disparity is now down to a sliver; Hamilton can be confident again.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3431788)   #848
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:

His general demeanor and uncharacteristic qualifying mistakes. He is the qualifying king remember.

All of this seems to have its roots in Monaco and, if Hamilton takes a knock, he does seem to carry it for a couple of events sometimes.

He'll be sweet as a nut again following the British win I expect.

It's not a criticism, he just has that volatile emotional aspect to him. It is difficult to change that, but it can be curbed and controlled although I am reluctant to suggest mind coaches again in case chillibowl savages me!
Old 8 Jul 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3431799)   #849
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found it amazing how Rosberg was able to keep his head up pre-Monaco following four successive defeats to Lewis, two of them he really ought to have won. But I found it even more amazing how Lewis imploded mentally after a single qualifying session. It makes me think that if it's going to the wire, I'd bet on Rosberg every time. The only question is, can Lewis' pace give him enough of a buffer by Abu Dhabi?
Old 8 Jul 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3431806)   #850
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
...although I am reluctant to suggest mind coaches again in case chillibowl savages me!

actually looked it up. its a real thing apparently. how effective the trade is of course another matter.

not going to deny LH seems more governed by his emotions than NR does but only time will tell if that is the negative trait that some here are suggesting it is.

rather for all the drivers/athletes one could point to that were successful because of their clinical/emotionless nature i can point to one who found success by wearing their emotions on their sleeve.

at this point its just different approaches.