Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2001, 18:12 (Ref:151095)   #1
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irvine on Kimi: "could prove not to be that good"

From Autosport.com
I can see Irvine as a journalist soon...

"Michael is here until the end of 2004, and in that time a new Michael Schumacher could come along and Raikkonen could prove not to be that good"
more at:
http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.cfm?id=16486&series=5

Why he spends so much time at press releases, rather than getting higher levels, practicing his own advises for Kimi on him?
I agree just one item on this... "It is not good to have the best driver in the best car. It was good initially because Ferrari won the championship, but you don't want to see the same guy winning all the time..."

The second-best rookie of the year (TFF) had shown a good level, so did PDLR and the rookie of the year, JPM. What did Irvine show this year?
Old 25 Sep 2001, 18:17 (Ref:151097)   #2
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So he "shouldn't have time" to have an opinion??? What the...?

See, on this board we can all sit down and discuss such things. Some people here think Kimi's great and will fly. Others (me included, are more sceptical). I wasn't here when the news broke so I missed out on the discussions that no-doubt would have followed. I'm sure similar opinions as Eddie's were bandied about.

However, whenever Eddie gives HIS opinion (usualy when a journalist has ASKED him to), why is it always somehow "controversial"??? Give him a break and quit whining.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 18:28 (Ref:151100)   #3
facco
Racer

IMHO Kimi has lots to demonstrate...
For me, he is a big promise... an unwrapped gift... We will see if "the gift" is something good...

My point is: The second best, should work harder on being THE SECOND BEST.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 18:45 (Ref:151110)   #4
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well, i think that eddie is a character - no doubt about that, but i think that in some instances, he goes too far and this is one instance.
i admire the irvine-meister because he is straight talking and doesnt hold back like any other driver. i think that he is getting to the point where the phrase "all mouth no trousers" is becoming very true of him.
knuckle down eddie and then you can bragg
Old 25 Sep 2001, 18:57 (Ref:151118)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not saying that Irvine shouldn't have an opinion and shouldn't voice that opinion, but I do think that he should perhaps spend a bit less time berating other drivers and what they can do and a bit more time getting himself some results.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:09 (Ref:151127)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Always wise, Steph.

A simple and basic principle. Just do your job good enough before judge the others.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:13 (Ref:151131)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Always wise, Steph.
Well, of course...
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:18 (Ref:151136)   #8
facco
Racer

Quote:
A simple and basic principle. Just do your job good enough before judge the others.
Looking good, Bon... You can say what I think so easily...

BTW, get a camera... good picture, Me agreeing with Steph.

Last edited by facco; 25 Sep 2001 at 19:19.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:26 (Ref:151144)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Hey, my opinions aren't that unorthodox!
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:28 (Ref:151148)   #10
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Irvine on this one! i reckon kimi is gonna turn out to be not that great........but we will have to see!
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:34 (Ref:151151)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
I'll remind you that you said that in a few years, when Kimi's WDC...
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:38 (Ref:151153)   #12
facco
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
Hey, my opinions aren't that unorthodox!
I didn't mean that... the real thing is that we disagree a lot, when the topic is inside the BMW-Williams team, am I wrong?

Yup, I think that Kimi has a lot to show... He MUST show that he is good enough to be where he is, where he's going to be...
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:41 (Ref:151156)   #13
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok then RG u do that and in few years when he is back at a mid field team i will remind u of my being right
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:43 (Ref:151159)   #14
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Hmm...you wanna wager on that, Beck?
Old 25 Sep 2001, 20:53 (Ref:151212)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
As I've said before on another thread, Peter Sauber's comments regarding Kimi have led me the believe he IS the next TGF. He is just as arrogant (and this is coming from a TGF fan) and has obvious talent. Before you know it, he'll be doing the Schummi swerve. WDC in 2004.
TFF will stick
Old 26 Sep 2001, 00:21 (Ref:151324)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who knows. Kimi's been around in F1 for less than a season. Maybe he'll become a multi-WDC driver, maybe he'll 'do a Jean' and never realise his full potential. Maybe he'll turn into a Rubens or David and never quite be good enough to be WDC.

?????

JPM? Rookie of the Year? Hmmmmm...
Old 26 Sep 2001, 00:51 (Ref:151338)   #17
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi IS a real rookie. The one Rookie of the Year.

Truly new to the series and now new to controversy. I'm a lifelong Schumifan but if Ferrari doesn't keep up and once the Beryllium/Newey shocks are solved, McLaren will be up there and Kimi will take the WC in his second year.

Besides, how could you deny DC the record of being the Nr 2 driver to three WC's?

Old 26 Sep 2001, 00:57 (Ref:151340)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Who knows. Kimi's been around in F1 for less than a season. Maybe he'll become a multi-WDC driver, maybe he'll 'do a Jean' and never realise his full potential. Maybe he'll turn into a Rubens or David and never quite be good enough to be WDC.

?????

JPM? Rookie of the Year? Hmmmmm...
M Fan, what made you change about TFF ???
Old 26 Sep 2001, 02:18 (Ref:151365)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Steph is right, Irvine is entitled to his opinions, but shooting off his mouth doesn't make him look so good.

He's a fast and talented driver and yet all we ever talk about is is what an ass he is. History will remember the bad boy image, not the potential that wasn't realized.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 04:50 (Ref:151390)   #20
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose irvine knows all about not being as good as Micheal
Old 26 Sep 2001, 06:24 (Ref:151397)   #21
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On another thread everyone is complaining about lack of personality. maybe they don't want to seem like Eddie

Just a thought.................
Old 26 Sep 2001, 10:51 (Ref:151489)   #22
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

M Fan, what made you change about TFF ???
Being a driver's #1 fan does not mean you think they are the best driver in the world...

As for Montoya being rookie of the year, when you have Fernando Alonso doing what he has with the Minardi, then no-one else (except Kimi) gets a look in...

Old 26 Sep 2001, 13:36 (Ref:151552)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Nice one MF, just my style.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 13:51 (Ref:151563)   #24
facco
Racer

Quote:

Being a driver's #1 fan does not mean you think they are the best driver in the world...
* Stands up and claps *
Old 26 Sep 2001, 17:11 (Ref:151658)   #25
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are u sure?

I think Kimi WILL do well, and will make Eddie look a mite silly. But I still think Nick is better