Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2002, 20:28 (Ref:326090)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will JPM win any races this year?

He's come close in Monaco and Canada, but retired both times. But will JPM actually win any of the remaining 8 races? In my opinion, with Ferrari having this kind of dominance, the only way I can see JPM winning any races this year will be if both Ferraris retire.

Who knows, maybe this year, in a wet race at Spa...
Old 2 Jul 2002, 20:30 (Ref:326092)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think maybe JPM will have a late flurry of results like he had last year . Only this year he will get more wins by the end of season .

JPM for a win this weekend at Silverstone !
Old 2 Jul 2002, 20:37 (Ref:326095)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trouble is he has to beat Michael and Rubens and they look pretty unstoppable at the moment. I think he'll sneak a win in though.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 20:44 (Ref:326103)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, he will. Spa, Monza and Indy could be good opportunities, and it would be great if he could win at Hockenheim to make up for last year. Perhaps Silverstone too, if Michelin and Williams get their acts together - it's certainly not TGF's favourite track, so that race could also provide a good opportunity.

A lot is down to Ferrari though, and just how dominant they will be for the remainder of the season. But JPM will win this year. At least once.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 21:49 (Ref:326156)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Obviously Ferrari's dominance and reliability is a major factor, but i can't see TGF not retiring at least once this season and Rubens possibly won't be up to the challange, although i do think that JPM/Williams can be a match for TGF/Ferrari at Monza, Spa and Indy.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 22:36 (Ref:326206)   #6
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Spa, Monza or Indy... He has to take one of these races. Fingers crossed.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 23:35 (Ref:326226)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly, I don't think so. Rubens (see, I am not calling him by that other nickname he so richly deserves), and Michael (no nickname for him either) will probably share the rest of the wins...
Old 3 Jul 2002, 00:01 (Ref:326234)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes. If JPM can keep the car on the road, and the car stays reliable, and the tyres start performing as consistently as the Bridgestones, then JPM will win once at least.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 01:05 (Ref:326253)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he gets one, and in all honesty, he should.
Sooner or later, we'll get a track that favours Williams more, and a circuit where the tyres work, and he'll be away like at Monza last year. He's been on pole position FOUR times, he'll get there soon.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 01:57 (Ref:326265)   #10
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I _really_ hope he will, but it doesn't look likely. Silverstone's his best chance, as Ferrari'll soon be bringing out a new evolution of the current engine, which will likely give both drivers everything they need to dissapear over the horizon for the remainder of the season.

Williams needs a better aero package, Michelin needs a boot in the arse, and BMW needs to learn how to build engines that don't blow up.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 02:18 (Ref:326273)   #11
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah...don't count on it, with Ferrari's power and Michael's prowess Montoya wouldn't have a chance to win any race. Probably even more DNF as he ruins the car by defending or during overtaking.

Just like as BBking always end his replies....LOL
Old 3 Jul 2002, 02:23 (Ref:326275)   #12
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on how McLaren go. If McLaren gets their engine in order then Williams are in big trouble.

He has the ability to win but I am not sure if he will get the chance.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 05:45 (Ref:326302)   #13
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With 8 races to go, I would expect about 3 races will not be won by Ferrari.
Coulthard, Ralf and Montoya are the main candidates for winning those races.
Thus means Montoya has more than 50% chance of winning at least one race.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 10:23 (Ref:326369)   #14
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First he has to beat his teammate Ralf before he can think about the 2 Ferraris. Ralf will be as strong if not stronger on the same circuits, though the Williams certainly do not have the power advantage they had last season.

I reckon Ralf will win another 2 races to make it 3 for the season and Montoya may manage a win as well but I doubt it.

The 2 Ferraris are very strong and the Mclarens are quickly catching up to a very-slow-moving Williams team.

Williams has disappointed this season - their challenge has faded far earlier than it should have.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 14:33 (Ref:326519)   #15
zealot
Racer

zealot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mania, you're wrong about one thing. The first thing JPM has to do is finish. For some reason, that has been very difficult for him this season.

I would love to see JPM will ALL of the remaining races, but I wouldn't bet on him winning any. The Ferraris are way to fast and way to reliable. The chances of both the Ferraris not finishing and Montoya actually getting to the checkered flag in the same race are remote to say the least.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 16:59 (Ref:326581)   #16
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with champ69. The Macs are looking faster each fortnight. Montoya will need to worry about them too. As long as JPM leads RS into the first corner I don't think he will have to worry about him. We all know that he wont go for the pass. I do like JPM but the last race showed some immaturity on his behalf. I do believe in fighting hard all the time but also the driver needs to bring the car home. Things like this gives me hope for Sato... but I digress.
It will take luck for either Williams cars to win another race. RS's win was luck. They will need some more of this. Actually I think a Mac will win before a Williams does again this year.
Then again I think a BAR will be in the points this weekend too so I may not be too credible.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 17:13 (Ref:326585)   #17
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
I reckon Ralf will win another 2 races to make it 3 for the season and Montoya may manage a win as well but I doubt it.
On what do you base this judgement? (and you can't use "I don't like JPM" )
Old 3 Jul 2002, 18:15 (Ref:326638)   #18
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hehehe, what about "I like RS" ?
Old 3 Jul 2002, 18:25 (Ref:326645)   #19
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
The Macs are looking faster each fortnight. Montoya will need to worry about them too. As long as JPM leads RS into the first corner I don't think he will have to worry about him. We all know that he wont go for the pass.
No problem, he knocks them out at the same time ! if tyres do their job, remember Canada this year ?
Old 3 Jul 2002, 18:26 (Ref:326648)   #20
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What about "By looking at this years results" ?
Or "By looking at last years results" ?
Old 3 Jul 2002, 18:52 (Ref:326664)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by zealot
The first thing JPM has to do is finish. For some reason, that has been very difficult for him this season.

Six points finishes out of nine isn't too bad, as for him finding it difficult finishing races.........? Two engine failures and one retirement due to a (possible) mistake whilst defending position, so that makes only one retirement due to (possible) error, not too bad at all! It should be remembered that TGF made an error in the last race that could have easily lead to retirement!

Last edited by Mr V; 3 Jul 2002 at 18:53.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 18:58 (Ref:326669)   #22
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
JPM can win a few races if Williams gets their act together. One cant really expect a driver to win races when his car is 2 seconds off the pace during the race. Except if his second name is 'Senna'.
Old 3 Jul 2002, 20:51 (Ref:326726)   #23
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or Schumacher
Old 3 Jul 2002, 20:57 (Ref:326730)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
When has Schumacher ever had a car 2 seconds off the pace?
Old 3 Jul 2002, 21:15 (Ref:326742)   #25
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Belgium 95........and the arse still won !...god , im depressed.

Tags
jpm