Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 11 Jan 2004, 11:19 (Ref:834183)   #76
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was reading articles on www.brunojunqueira.com... and before new year I wasn't sure if he'll be in IRL or CART. I don't why, maybe because in those articles he wasn't straight talking... So I wasn't sure if he'll be in Champ Cars. Again in one of interviews he confirm that he is in Champ Car but didn't tell what team... Strange!!
Now it seems like he is in Newman/Haas Lola

PS. Sorry for my English, I'm trying hard
Old 11 Jan 2004, 18:09 (Ref:834493)   #77
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K
I was reading articles on www.brunojunqueira.com... and before new year I wasn't sure if he'll be in IRL or CART. I don't why, maybe because in those articles he wasn't straight talking... So I wasn't sure if he'll be in Champ Cars. Again in one of interviews he confirm that he is in Champ Car but didn't tell what team... Strange!!
Now it seems like he is in Newman/Haas Lola

PS. Sorry for my English, I'm trying hard
You're doing fine, Alex K
As far as I know, Bruno will be with N-H, probably in CART, and MAYBE doing Indy.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 19:48 (Ref:834573)   #78
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Alex,
I have a few Polish friends who attend races with me occasionally and often go back to Poland, but I never asked them this silly question: are there CART races shown on TVP ??? and if so - what type of programming ???

BTW, wrote it in Polish earlier, but evidently use of language other then English isn't allowed here... if you wish, you can PM me in Polish ?!

Am very glad to see you here... enjoy ?!

zerO
Old 12 Jan 2004, 01:14 (Ref:834863)   #79
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
They are good questions which I have no answer to. Where's Flatspot & Fogelhund when you need them! Those suits (gentlemen) no what their talking about when it comes to the business side of motorsports.
I don't think anyone is going to be able to answer that question. It's private business and at best a few people here can guess what the criteria is, but it'll only be a best guess.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 02:03 (Ref:834890)   #80
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
They are good questions which I have no answer to. Where's Flatspot & Fogelhund when you need them! Those suits (gentlemen) no what their talking about when it comes to the business side of motorsports.
We won't ever know, though we could come up with a number of hypothesis, including yours. At this point, I'm just sitting back with the 23rd & 28th circled on the calendar. Once those dates are complete, then there certainly will be more worth talking about.

That Russo may be getting money from OWRS at some point is dependent on a number of IF's at the moment, and I'd like to see how the IF's fall into place before thinking about other serious matters such as who managed to procure sponsorship, who is driving which car, how many cars...
Old 12 Jan 2004, 02:20 (Ref:834894)   #81
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if I was an investor, I'd surely want to know who got the money last year, who's getting it this year, where it came from then and where its coming from now, and why.

Your right, we may never know, but I can't help but think that a couple of the larger investors, are going to want to know the answer to that question too.

But your right, we'll have to wait and see.

Danica Patrick
Old 12 Jan 2004, 03:13 (Ref:834910)   #82
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Beyond kicking at a dead horse I don't get what you are saying. What exactly do investors have anything to do with who is getting money this year, and where that money is coming from? The investors of MPH don't care who might get paid what by OWRS operations (should they run a series), and it certainly is none of their business, nor ours.

Given that OWRS is privately held corporation, they can decide whom to give money to or not, and it really doesn't matter. All that matters is that they may or may not run a series, and will do what is necessary to have a return on their own investment. I'm sceptical it will work out for them based on what I've heard so far, but then again, until they actually have assets, we don't know for certain what their real plans are.

Regarding MPH's investors, you certainly are rehashing old thoughts. Who got the money last year are in MPH's filings, and everybody knows exactly where that money came from. I've certainly maintained for at least a year that what Pook et al. was doing was going to be grounds for lawsuits, and unwise.

Like I've mentioned before, this is early in the game with this whole affair. I'd go so far as to say we are now into the early 2nd quarter on the whole MPH affair.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 07:13 (Ref:835026)   #83
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
And where's Vannini these days?
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:27 (Ref:835729)   #84
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't want to beat a dead horse either, but...

You say that everyone knows "exactly where that money came from". Well I didn't know, and according to that article I read, it didn't sound as though they knew either. It seems alittle odd that the very guys who are now OWRS, are the benificieres of Pooks deep pockets last year. Pook had to know that CART wasn't going to survive, yet he gave them all that money anyway.

So my big question is, did Pook know that Gentilozzi was going to create OWRS, before CART went out of business, and basically financed its start-up with, what was then, investor money?

Danica Patrick
Old 12 Jan 2004, 21:35 (Ref:835910)   #85
Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cart's website has an interview with Adrian Fernandez. Included is the following quote.

"but we are working on sponsorship deals and getting things organized on that front while trying to expand to another car."

http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7463
Old 13 Jan 2004, 00:24 (Ref:836057)   #86
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
GP Racer, here is a good place for you to start.

http://www.shareholder.com/cart/edgar.cfm
Old 13 Jan 2004, 01:27 (Ref:836088)   #87
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Oh boy! What did I get myself into?

I'll have my lawyer, contact your lawyer, fogel!

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Jan 2004, 02:19 (Ref:836118)   #88
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP, I'll expect a FULL report on my desk by the end of the week!
Old 13 Jan 2004, 02:31 (Ref:836126)   #89
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Yes sir, right away sir...

Danica Patrick
Old 20 Jan 2004, 19:08 (Ref:844406)   #90
zerO
Veteran

Rumors Update ?!
================

1. Justin Wilson's F1 career is over =http://espn.go.com/rpm/f1/2004/0116/1710404.html and it looks like he'll be coming to US for sure. Most probably with Rahal Racing, a third car from NHR or Forsythe are also rumored as possible end result.

2. Kevin Kalkhoven may help Emmo and buy the Patrick Racing assets so the troubled Fittipaldi/Dingman team may survive and field a Lola for Tiago Monteiro (most likely) - all Emmo needs is finding adequate sponsorship monies. [just popped at SeventhGear's rumor section]

zerO
Old 21 Jan 2004, 01:27 (Ref:844854)   #91
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
From Junky.com..... http://www.brunojunqueira.com/news/noticia.php?id=792

NEWS
20.01.2004 17:39

RUMORS ABOUT 2004 GRID

Christiano Candian

Source: www.brunojunqueira.com

Champ Car's 2004 grid's face might be taking shape. According to the last news and rumors, there are 13 teams expected for this year's season.

Newman-Haas is solid with Bruno Junqueira and Sebastien Bourdais, its 2003 drivers. There are rumors of a thir car racing for Paul Newman and Carl Hass' team.

Forsythe should return with Paul tracy, last year's champion, and Patrick Carpenter, depending only on the sponsorship contracts.

Adrian Fernandez will probably return, driving for his co-directed team. There are rumors of him increasing his operations adding a secong car, with Luis Diaz as probable driver.

Rahal will go on with its 2003 driver, Michel Jourdain Jr., and it will probably add a new car this year. Justin Wilson, who doesn't have a F1 team to race for, seems to be in negotiations with Bobby Rahal.

The portuguese Tiago Monteiro will probably stay in Fittipaldi-Dingman. There rumors that the team is looking to increase its operations adding a new car. The favorite driver for the seat is Rodolfo lavin, who would bring the Walker sponsorship with him.

Derrick Walker has seen its drivers leave, with Darren Manning going to IRL and Rodolfo Lavin with the rumors about Fittipaldi-Dingman. This way, it is most likely that Michel Valiante will take the only seat available for 2004.

PK also seem to be increasing its operations. Mika Salo is confirmed, and the second seat has been linked to Guy Smith and Bjorn Wirdheim. Although, the last rumors say that a South-african driver is very close to sign up with PK - not Tomas Scheckter.

Robeto Moreno declared that he doesn't want to come back with Herdez this year, opening a space in the team that should be filled with Robert Gonzales. Mario Dominguez will go on driving for the mexican team.

Paul Gentilozzi recently announced that renewed his contract with Alex Tagliani, and probably will come with a second car of Rocketsports in 2004. This should be driven by an amerian who was in Champ Car in 2003.

With the renewal of Mi-Jack sponsorship, Conquest should keep Mario Haberfeld this season.

Jimmy Vasser - according to rumors - showed intention of buying part of Patrick, and will be one of the drivers. The team has been strongly linked to the F3000 champion Bjorn Wirdheim.

Dale Coyne will also come back with 2 cars. Recently, Tomas Enge tested with the team and should take one of the seats. The other could be taken by Alex Sperafico.

The Formula Atlantic champion, A.J. Allmendinger, has great chance of driving in Champ Car this year, his team would be the same that gave him the tittle - RuSport, directed by Carl Russo. Another news - not so new - might be the come back of Mo Nunn, with Jimmy Vasser as the driver.

Check the list - according to rumors - for the 2004 Cham Car season
Newman-Haas: Bruno Junqueira / Sebastien Bourdais / (third car ?)
Forsythe: Paul Tracy / Patrick Carpentier
Fernandez: Adrian Fernandez / Luis Diaz
Rahal: Michel Jourdain Jr. / ?
Fittipaldi-Dingman: Tiago Monteiro / Rodolfo Lavin
PK: Mika Salo / Guy Smith ?, Bjorn Wirdheim ?
Herdez: Mario Dominguez / Roberto Gonzalez
Rocketsports: Alex Tagliani / (american driver?)
Conquest: Mario Haberfeld
Patrick: Jimmy Vasser ? / Bjorn Wirdheim ?
Walker: Michel Valiante
RuSport: A.J. Allmendinger
Dale Coyne: Tomas Enge ? / Alex Sperafico ?
Mo Nunn: ? Jimmy Vasser ?

The American driver joining RocketSports Racing has to be RHR!? Please don't say Geoff Boss!!!

Last edited by Dov; 21 Jan 2004 at 01:36.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 01:59 (Ref:844871)   #92
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think these rumours are a little old (Vasser showed intention on buying Patrick? The rumours then became Emmo bying Patrick...now, it's KK buying Patrick FOR Emmo).
Some of us were discussing Lavin bringing Corona money to FDR a month or 2 ago.

Who knows what will happen, but, like I said, some of these rumours aren't new.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 08:22 (Ref:845109)   #93
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting that Bruno's website is speculating, "There are rumors of a third car racing for Paul Newman and Carl Hass' team."
Old 21 Jan 2004, 12:52 (Ref:845378)   #94
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark C., who is possibly the biggest CART/OWRS optimist around, currently lists 16 cars as "absolute minimum," 21 as "most likely" and 24 as "possible."

Of the 16, he lists two for Walker, two for Coyne and one for Fittipaldi-Dingman. None of those three teams has one confirmed entry yet. Walker and Fittipaldi-Dingman have laid almost everybody off, as has Patrick, and Coyne doesn't put on people before there's a deal. So, as we sit here now, that's 11 pretty firm.

Last edited by indycool; 21 Jan 2004 at 12:53.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 17:58 (Ref:845670)   #95
zerO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
From Junky.com..... http://www.brunojunqueira.com/news/noticia.php?id=792

NEWS
20.01.2004 17:39

RUMORS ABOUT 2004 GRID

Christiano Candian

Source: www.brunojunqueira.com

Champ Car's 2004 grid's face might be taking shape. According to the last news and rumors, there are 13 teams expected for this year's season.

Newman-Haas is solid with Bruno Junqueira and Sebastien Bourdais, its 2003 drivers. There are rumors of a thir car racing for Paul Newman and Carl Hass' team.

Forsythe should return with Paul tracy, last year's champion, and Patrick Carpenter, depending only on the sponsorship contracts.

Adrian Fernandez will probably return, driving for his co-directed team. There are rumors of him increasing his operations adding a secong car, with Luis Diaz as probable driver.

Rahal will go on with its 2003 driver, Michel Jourdain Jr., and it will probably add a new car this year. Justin Wilson, who doesn't have a F1 team to race for, seems to be in negotiations with Bobby Rahal.

The portuguese Tiago Monteiro will probably stay in Fittipaldi-Dingman. There rumors that the team is looking to increase its operations adding a new car. The favorite driver for the seat is Rodolfo lavin, who would bring the Walker sponsorship with him.

Derrick Walker has seen its drivers leave, with Darren Manning going to IRL and Rodolfo Lavin with the rumors about Fittipaldi-Dingman. This way, it is most likely that Michel Valiante will take the only seat available for 2004.

PK also seem to be increasing its operations. Mika Salo is confirmed, and the second seat has been linked to Guy Smith and Bjorn Wirdheim. Although, the last rumors say that a South-african driver is very close to sign up with PK - not Tomas Scheckter.

Robeto Moreno declared that he doesn't want to come back with Herdez this year, opening a space in the team that should be filled with Robert Gonzales. Mario Dominguez will go on driving for the mexican team.

Paul Gentilozzi recently announced that renewed his contract with Alex Tagliani, and probably will come with a second car of Rocketsports in 2004. This should be driven by an amerian who was in Champ Car in 2003.

With the renewal of Mi-Jack sponsorship, Conquest should keep Mario Haberfeld this season.

Jimmy Vasser - according to rumors - showed intention of buying part of Patrick, and will be one of the drivers. The team has been strongly linked to the F3000 champion Bjorn Wirdheim.

Dale Coyne will also come back with 2 cars. Recently, Tomas Enge tested with the team and should take one of the seats. The other could be taken by Alex Sperafico.

The Formula Atlantic champion, A.J. Allmendinger, has great chance of driving in Champ Car this year, his team would be the same that gave him the tittle - RuSport, directed by Carl Russo. Another news - not so new - might be the come back of Mo Nunn, with Jimmy Vasser as the driver.

Check the list - according to rumors - for the 2004 Cham Car season
Newman-Haas: Bruno Junqueira / Sebastien Bourdais / (third car ?)
Forsythe: Paul Tracy / Patrick Carpentier
Fernandez: Adrian Fernandez / Luis Diaz
Rahal: Michel Jourdain Jr. / ?
Fittipaldi-Dingman: Tiago Monteiro / Rodolfo Lavin
PK: Mika Salo / Guy Smith ?, Bjorn Wirdheim ?
Herdez: Mario Dominguez / Roberto Gonzalez
Rocketsports: Alex Tagliani / (american driver?)
Conquest: Mario Haberfeld
Patrick: Jimmy Vasser ? / Bjorn Wirdheim ?
Walker: Michel Valiante
RuSport: A.J. Allmendinger
Dale Coyne: Tomas Enge ? / Alex Sperafico ?
Mo Nunn: ? Jimmy Vasser ?

The American driver joining RocketSports Racing has to be RHR!? Please don't say Geoff Boss!!!
Hey Dov,
that list pretty much confirms the one I've posted here earlier and that's the basis for my picturesque line-up = http://www.planet.nl/~f1/cart2k4.htm

Major new developement being that Kevin Kalkhoven is about to purchase Patrick Racing assets for Emmo (see SeventhGear "Rumors" section).

Also, either next month at Sebring or in March in Arizona - PK Racing are going to test Bjorn Wirdheim and Christian Murchison; and Rahal will test Justin Wilson at one of those two tracks... the March Arizona testing isn't finalized yet, but it is very likely to occur...

zerO
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:24 (Ref:845706)   #96
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Hey zerO,
Isn't PK Racing going to test that S.A. driver? I looked at your list of drivers and was shocked to see Jonathan Macri's name there....what's the deal!? I'd really like to see Bjorn Wirdheim and Justin Wilson join the CCWS!!!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 03:52 (Ref:846381)   #97
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This from Champweb.com:

Quote:
PK Racing's recent scheduled test for Laguna Seca on the 26th-27th has been moved to Sebring on February 3rd-4th. Mika Salo is expected to be the only driver, and the team does not have any plans to be testing anyone else.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 17:52 (Ref:847184)   #98
zerO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tailwind
This from Champweb.com:
Don Sklenka posted this kaka yesterday basically to spite me... my relationship with "the kid" took a nosedive when he came out with the "Puzzle" **** (re: "merger")...

Bjorn Wirdheim will be testing with PKR either at Sebring or the Arizona Motorsports Park in March (should that concept materialize) - this I got straight from Bjorn's camp, has also been reported (lately) at few European sites... and Christian Murchison's protege - Kakhoven himself - will have Murcho in a PKR car sooner or later, that is a given ?!

zerO
Old 22 Jan 2004, 18:01 (Ref:847201)   #99
zerO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Hey zerO,
Isn't PK Racing going to test that S.A. driver? I looked at your list of drivers and was shocked to see Jonathan Macri's name there....what's the deal!? I'd really like to see Bjorn Wirdheim and Justin Wilson join the CCWS!!!
Hey Dov,
Alan van der Merwe was the South African, but that concept died when Kalkhoven announced that he wants to bring Murcho to Champ Cars and we all know that it would be in the second PKR car - when & where ? who knows, maybe for a few races only, or maybe for a year in Toyota Atlantics, but Murcho is coming one way or the other...

As for Jonathan Macri - Walker is a survivor, he'll come out of skin to have Macri alongside Valiante - that is only my belief, mind you...

Will see what happens...

zerO
Old 22 Jan 2004, 18:02 (Ref:847206)   #100
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Didn't the Scottish kid (Ryan Dalziel?) out perform Macri in the Walker 4 driver test!?

Last edited by Dov; 22 Jan 2004 at 18:08.