Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jul 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1355191)   #1
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
roadmap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Calendar

I am going to put together the following shortly and would welcome thoughts.

A number of limited edition calenders from different eras to give to my clients , associates or events with one car a month featured.

The categories will be.

1930's sports racing cars
1950'2 racing and sports racing cars
1960's racing and sports racing car (front engined only)

After the 36 cars have been chosen. I will need photos I can use that are not registered designs or subject to property right.

I am looking for interesting cars that look good as the calenders are as much about visual impact. Race photos, pit photos,unusual unpublished photos, photos of the cars coming off trailers with a pretty girl looking on or a mechanic with the usual players or capstan hanging off his lip ,even owners,drivers beside the cars. As long as they are interesting.

Thanks in advance
Old 14 Jul 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1355305)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you are looking at racing and sports racing cars of 60;s which are front engined you are limiting yourself - surely you should be looking for rear engined for 60's?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1355315)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
you offering to drape yourself over your car for a photo then Simon
Old 14 Jul 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1355336)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wouldn't be the first time!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1355341)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you inferring that I am a photo tart??!!! spot on as usual :-)
Old 14 Jul 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1355426)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ha ha . . . just as long as you keep your suit on !
Old 14 Jul 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1355613)   #7
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
roadmap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Calender

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
If you are looking at racing and sports racing cars of 60;s which are front engined you are limiting yourself - surely you should be looking for rear engined for 60's?
You are correct of course. So photos of those are welcome.

I should have added that each photo I use will entitle the provider to choose one of a limited items of out-door clothing but only one item per person.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1355966)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

have a look on my website and you will see my Merlyn if you think its suitable let me know and I will email some smudges for you along with the photographers' details as I presume they will want to be accredited with the image. Alternatively come along to Silverston 30/31 July and you will have a lot of cars you can photo yourself
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1356024)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
likewise for my website, theres a link to a lot of photographs my late father took at Spa last year, from a Morris minor to a GT40 . . .with the odd Cortina in the middle !
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1356025)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

and they could have been in the same race if it was one of Julius'!!!
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1356037)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
they where !