Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 17 Aug 2023, 16:58 (Ref:4173118)   #1251
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got a terrible pic of this thing so wasn't going to post it, but it's for sale! Caught him going to the car wash just before posting:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
Old 17 Aug 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4173136)   #1252
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Waho, a Topolino aka Nuova 500! In the US! Cant believe it. Seeing the soft top condition, he's right to avoid the classic car wash with brushes… How can this girl drive a car with dog box engagement gearbox when c 90 per cent of the others are automatic?
Old 17 Aug 2023, 21:56 (Ref:4173157)   #1253
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't see many Oldsmobile of this vintage, or any vintage for that matter. This is parked by my office and it has a temporary dealer assigned plate meaning the driver just bought this from a dealer!

In sad news I saw him get into his car this evening and first thing he did was open the hood (bonnet) before even attempting to start.
Old 18 Aug 2023, 00:47 (Ref:4173170)   #1254
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
E.B. - mega vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I got a terrible pic of this thing so wasn't going to post it, but it's for sale! Caught him going to the car wash just before posting:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f2c2c30dde.jpg
Love the steering wheel Some of these small cars can oddly be quite heavy steering without power steering. And it has a small wheel. Never driven an old 500 I wonder what it is like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Don't see many Oldsmobile of this vintage, or any vintage for that matter. This is parked by my office and it has a temporary dealer assigned plate meaning the driver just bought this from a dealer!

In sad news I saw him get into his car this evening and first thing he did was open the hood (bonnet) before even attempting to start.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e55dd780f0.jpg
Opening the bonnet first just means he knows the trick to get it started.
Old 18 Aug 2023, 01:28 (Ref:4173173)   #1255
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some random spots.

A sports commercial fan from Britain.

A law enforcement Hummer?

A gardener. He did a U-ee with one of the sides down. It only came up when in the lane!

And something for the Europeans - two booted Yaris spotted within two minutes of each other at consecutive lights! What is the point of a none hatchback version.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1530 - small.JPG   IMG_0015.jpeg   IMG_0051.jpeg  

IMG_0050.jpeg   IMG_0052.jpeg  
Old 18 Aug 2023, 01:33 (Ref:4173174)   #1256
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
But the cranes. Just your normal skyscraper flavor. Visited a new skyscraper today and these were building some friends for it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0042.jpeg   IMG_0044.jpeg  
Old 18 Aug 2023, 11:55 (Ref:4173207)   #1257
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

In sad news I saw him get into his car this evening and first thing he did was open the hood (bonnet) before even attempting to start.
Is that a Bonneville? I see it's a crew cab...
Old 18 Aug 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4173216)   #1258
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Some random spots.

A gardener. He did a U-ee with one of the sides down. It only came up when in the lane!

And something for the Europeans - two booted Yaris spotted within two minutes of each other at consecutive lights! What is the point of a none hatchback version.
Nice tractor, but I was looking at the Suburban, not the Hummer.
Old 18 Aug 2023, 13:18 (Ref:4173218)   #1259
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
As to the "race" Nuova 500, the instrument panel is really special. Nor Abarth neither Jaeger but good looking. How a typical italian yoghurt cup landed in the US is another story…
Old 18 Aug 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4173222)   #1260
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Is that a Bonneville? I see it's a crew cab...
Cutlass Supreme baby!

Quote:
Some random spots.

The point of the Yaris is the cheapest transportation you can buy, that is all.
Old 18 Aug 2023, 19:19 (Ref:4173253)   #1261
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I thought something completely different for booted and wondered how bad Yaris drivers are at parking by you.

Did see on the way out of Rouen this morning a white Ram 1500 Sport, where did he get that? Didn't get a picture though sadly

And the commitment to US farming equipment in the country was impressive, multiple Deere and MF on the roads. Same country roads also had a very nice big Healey coming up the hill at a good song, nice sound.

Reservation was for a Passat, was supposed to be me, wife and her best friend. Arrived and they gave me a 118 hatch. No, I do not fit well in that car and my head is in the sun roof cut out
Old 18 Aug 2023, 19:22 (Ref:4173255)   #1262
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
https://concessionnaire-france.com/d...am-1500-sport/
Old 18 Aug 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4173256)   #1263
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That is great! was it towing things? Because if it had multiple trailers hooked up it would be hilarious.
OK as promised, a pic of the train in full regalia. I went for the full bonus points though and managed to get the train and its two trailers going round the Globe roundabout (The sculpture in the middle is of the globe and also the roundabout has sculptures of kangaroos, buffalo / bison and other oddities.) Oh and I managed to get a crane in the background.

In Aus we would call that a roadtrain!

Ill get my coat.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4316.jpg  
Old 18 Aug 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4173263)   #1264
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
OK as promised, a pic of the train in full regalia. I went for the full bonus points though and managed to get the train and its two trailers going round the Globe roundabout (The sculpture in the middle is of the globe and also the roundabout has sculptures of kangaroos, buffalo / bison and other oddities.) Oh and I managed to get a crane in the background.

In Aus we would call that a roadtrain!

Ill get my coat.
That is thread bonus points right there, a crane and road train!
Old 18 Aug 2023, 21:48 (Ref:4173264)   #1265
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The internet is over. It has peaked.
Old 19 Aug 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4173308)   #1266
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
OK as promised…/Ill get my coat.
Disappointed.
Old 19 Aug 2023, 09:58 (Ref:4173322)   #1267
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is it a car? Is it a train? It's neither
Old 19 Aug 2023, 10:51 (Ref:4173335)   #1268
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Is it a train?
Hopefully I havnt de-railed the thread.
Old 19 Aug 2023, 11:04 (Ref:4173337)   #1269
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not at all.
Attached Thumbnails
AD7I1207.jpg  
Old 19 Aug 2023, 11:24 (Ref:4173342)   #1270
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Spanish do love those road trains. The salt lakes in Torrevieja had one or two of them to take tourists around the site to show how they extract the salt and what they do with it.

If my memory is correct, the lakes are the major source for the majority of European countries that require salt for use on winter roads.
Old 19 Aug 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4173371)   #1271
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Information to take with a pinch of salt.
Old 19 Aug 2023, 20:05 (Ref:4173381)   #1272
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Parking in Spain can take many forms....

I thought re the Calpe train we have seen you might be interested in its final stop.... the Plaza Colon.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4320.jpg   IMG_4319.jpg  
Old 19 Aug 2023, 21:07 (Ref:4173389)   #1273
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ace.

I believe there were commercials for the smart car that showed you could park like that.

Still it’s a big car compared to this spot today. Love the belt drive.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0084.jpeg   IMG_0082.jpeg   IMG_0087.jpeg  

Old 19 Aug 2023, 22:22 (Ref:4173394)   #1274
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

Still it’s a big car compared to this spot today. Love the belt drive.
Thats absolutely brilliant. Never seen and never heard of until I looked around online and found it to be a......
Myers Motors NmG (formerly the Corbin Sparrow)
Im guessing that is the Pizza Butt version (hatchback). And what does NMG stand for? No More Gas of course.

Would I want to do 70mph in it? Well, the good news is it probably wont go far at 70mph.

Belt drive looks awesome.

Read all about it here: https://myersev.com/about.html

or more info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers_Motors_NmG
Old 19 Aug 2023, 22:28 (Ref:4173398)   #1275
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The latest ones are tandem. Like the rocket. Brilliant.

70! Crikey.

Not the same, but you reminded me of the only car I have ever exceeded the stated top speed in (ignoring a race car version of a road car). A 2CV, downhill near Chesterfield. I wasn’t driving.