Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1080570)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Schumacher 7 times World Champion!

It has been pretty obvious that he would do it but congrats to Michael for winning his 7th World Championship!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1080575)   #2
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares ?
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:28 (Ref:1080580)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's an amazing achivement all right.

I'm just happy to see my man, Kimi Raikkonen take a win today though He's really had a bad year so far and this has certianly made up for it.

At any rate, well done to Micheal.

...never thought I'd say that
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:31 (Ref:1080584)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Kimis win was the story of today.

Schueys seventh title was the story on March 7th.

Still, congrats anyways!
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1080591)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was half-wondering if he'd mvoe over for Rubens on the last lap, so as to allow him to clinch it with a win at Monza.

Great achievement by everyone at Ferrari, although I suspect Rory Byrne and Ross Brawn have had a bigegr effect on the championship margin than Michael himself.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:48 (Ref:1080600)   #6
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
very well done to michael schumacher and ferrari....
i'm just beginning to wonder, will he be back next year to defend his title?
i don't know, call it a gut feeling, but i think we'll see him hanging up his helmet after the season is over...remember, you heard it here first....
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1080601)   #7
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching japan last year thinking- "um,is he about to win his sixth or seventh title?"
I had lost track!
But that's the only interesting thing i can say about this subject.It really is abit ho hum
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1080607)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
jj, I had that same feeling, but ultimately I think he'll come back. But i was thinking, with Kimis drive and Schuey clinching another title, that if i was Michael, now would be a good time to go.

This was a strange day for feelings during the race.

When Schuey was getting strapped in i felt a sense of impending doom, like the feeling I got at the start of Imola 1994.

And we were so close to disaster today it has to be said. So many dangerous occurences.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1080611)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he'll see out his contract.

But he certainly seemed a lot more tired than usual...
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:56 (Ref:1080616)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hurrah
Old 29 Aug 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1080618)   #11
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Michael. It really is amazing when you think about it 7 TIMES champion. Think of all the great drivers of the past who have 3 or 4 championships which is amazing and today we have a 7 times winner...wow
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1080623)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great achievement for Michael. Brillian performer the whole season through.

Congratulation to him. Those who helped him make this achievement possible should rightly feel proud.

Unfortunately, some (on n off the track) just couldn't show the grace to appreciate..but as i'd quote "who cares".
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1080624)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

But does that make him a better driver pole2pole?

Last edited by Knowlesy; 29 Aug 2004 at 15:02.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:03 (Ref:1080625)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Those who helped him make this achievement possible should rightly feel proud.
Yes.

Case of bubbly for Williams, McLaren and Renault!
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:09 (Ref:1080634)   #15
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mclaren certainly is celebrating!

Ron:"Ok boys, we've helped MS wrap up the WDC, now let's start to win a race again"

Frank:"my cars' too quick...ok Antonio, retire...(15mins later) Montoya,pit, stop moaning and GET OUT of the car now..phew..hope that helps Michael"
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1080643)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
CONGRATS SCHUMMI!!!!
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1080644)   #17
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hehe!

Congratulations!

Though getting it with a win would've been nicer. Anyway, Maximillian Rufus Mosley sir, your new qual format and point system really helped, didn't they? Hooray.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:53 (Ref:1080654)   #18
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Michael Schumacher! A fantastic achievement! Seven titles and five in a row. He certainly turned Ferrari around.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1080656)   #19
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Michael well done and deserved.

Is it me or is it that races always seem to play in his hands. An example (and there are many examples): The safety car coming out to blow KR's lead. Williams retirements to challenge for second. Other races where cars get tied up in traffic when MS is in the pits (where a backmarker is extremely stubborn to let someone overtake and too much time is lost and MS is out in front). I know there is a saying that you have to be "good to be lucky". MS is definitely good and he does have luck on his side. Agree?
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1080662)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He is very good but he is definitely the luckiest driver I have ever seen!
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1080672)   #21
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, talk about luck! Alonso breaking down, Montoya exiting the pits right behind Massa, the safety car wiping out Raikkonen's lead and what looked like a front left Bridgestone at 5 psi!

Last edited by Tweed; 29 Aug 2004 at 16:25.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:28 (Ref:1080676)   #22
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jj2728
i'm just beginning to wonder, will he be back next year to defend his title?
i don't know, call it a gut feeling, but i think we'll see him hanging up his helmet after the season is over...remember, you heard it here first....
I've had the nagging feeling as well. Though he has alwways said he won't quit until the young lions consistently start taking him. Kimi won as much today on st-up.

Great drives for them both, Kimi and Michael.

Congrats to TGF.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:39 (Ref:1080684)   #23
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well done schumi .. stay in F1 as long as you enjoy it .. but please .. please . give LeMans another shot

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1080688)   #24
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
He is very good but he is definitely the luckiest driver I have ever seen!
OK so if he is so lucky, then why don't other drivers and teams capitalise on the SC car coming out, there has to be something about the Ferrari stratergy that is right.
Congrats to MS.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:50 (Ref:1080693)   #25
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to the Weltmeister !!

For those of us who have supported Schumi since the Benneton years, it's very satisfying to see this sevent title in the records. However, I'll also say I stopped counting all the new records he was setting at about the middle of this 2004 season.

I'm not sure if he'll stay or come back. My feeling is that his mountain to climb was the sixth. This is the icing on the cake. Just like Fangio did in the fifties, setting an incredibly high bar to go above. What Schumi did today was set the bar again higher, quite possibly for generations of drivers that have not even been born yet.

We can consider ourselves fortunate to have seen him race all these years.

I'm also very happy that Kimi did an extrordinary job. If the torch is to be passed in the future, Kimi is the most deserving of the new drivers.