Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Mar 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1256785)   #1
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are TVNZ in breach of their V8 Supercar broadcasting contract?

Hi All,

It has been brought to my attention today that TVNZ seem to be prepared to show all of Clipsal Race 1 today - a day late due to time differences - which is reasonably acceptable.

But then next weekend we can expect to see drag racing, Carrera Cup from NZ, Scott Dixon's IRL, and Malaysia F1 highlights and several others for memory, as well as the Clipsal Race 2. Now I am no genius, nor profess to be, but it seems that today we saw Formula Toyota for 30 minutes and Clipsal Race 1 for the remaining 2 and a half hours of the 3 hour show - Shell Helix Motorsport.

Now one of my other friends (yes, I have more than one), who is a great Chinese mathematician, has eluded that in order to show all that is being professed to being available to be seen next week, then we are up for a few miracles. Ok, it'll be Easter Sunday, so the volume of ads should be somewhat reduced, but even so, if Clipsal Race 2 is two hours, then the rest will still exceed one hour - F1 is 30 minutes alone, plus IRL.

Anyway, this poses a question: What does an AVESCO TV contract say as it seems that we Kiwis are getting ripped off and it certainly not the first time by any pencil shake when it comes to V8 Supercar coverage??