Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Oct 2003, 01:37 (Ref:736109)   #1
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pls Let His Happen/ French Gp?

From F1-Live

Mag-Core is good and all but hey who wouldn't want LeMans

The Formula One French Grand Prix may be held at the Bugatti circuit of Le Mans, as early as next year. That is the news heard at Indianapolis during the US GP.

The French Grand Prix is usually held at the Nevers/Magny-Cours circuit but because of financial problems the event could move to another location.

At least it seems very unlikely that the French Grand Prix will be canceled next year since Renault is insisting to have a race in its own country as a condition to stay in Formula One.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 01:45 (Ref:736115)   #2
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 at Le Mans, how great would that be.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 01:46 (Ref:736116)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
already been there....drivers hated it!
Old 1 Oct 2003, 01:56 (Ref:736124)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not at Paul Ricard? it is a fabulous circuit and the teams test there so everybodyy would be in top form- I gueass seating would be a problem... but put in Aluminium bleachers and call it a day.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 02:44 (Ref:736138)   #5
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect (allthough don't know for sure yet) that paul ricard is stunningly boring.It is owned by bernie and built to fia safety standards after all.....

can anyone tell me...Is the current lemans track the same one that they used in the early eighties with the 3.5 km straight?
I know they still have a mulsane straight but i also heard that the circuit has been totally relocated and is nothing like the old one...
Old 1 Oct 2003, 03:06 (Ref:736161)   #6
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, somewhere in this thread, it says it will be raced at the Bugatti Le Mans circuit, which uses the main pit straight, that little left right chicane, the sweeper, then goes to a completely different track, quite short by Le Mans standards, and then joins back at the final chicane again.

Moto GP raced at is this year, and people are said not to like the track much at all.

But i spose it would probably have a better atmosphere than Magny-Cours.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 03:15 (Ref:736164)   #7
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if the French GP is moving, take it to Pau - I saw that track for the first time recently when a F3 race was televised here - WOW, its awesome. the safety nazis would have kittens but cest la vie, this is motorsport and as the ticket says, its dangerous
Old 1 Oct 2003, 07:20 (Ref:736287)   #8
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pau is fascinating but with also Monaco on the French territory is hard to imagine that the exagone aim at becoming the street-race kingdom.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 08:39 (Ref:736342)   #9
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't the Le-Mans (Bugatti) circuit once hold a French GP?
Old 1 Oct 2003, 10:01 (Ref:736422)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 should stay away from Le Mans as all they would do is destroy it making it fit their needs with no regard to anything else
Old 1 Oct 2003, 10:14 (Ref:736437)   #11
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The part of the post that caught my attention was not where in France a GP might be held, but the fact that Renault have insisted on having a race in its own Country or it will pull out of F1.
I do not know what to make of this, I thought that the teams were in F1 for their own benefit.
Exactly who (apart from their fans obviously) are Renault doing any favours for by competing in F1, if not themselves??

I read, and took very seriously, the excellent thread that Wrex started "If the names were reversed?" and I hope that this is not seen as a bashing post, but does anyone else get a whiff of arrogance concerning the Renault position in this case??
Old 1 Oct 2003, 10:33 (Ref:736465)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...30031227.shtml

A bit of history. Le Mans is the place the first ever Grand Prix was held, in 1906. The only world championship G held there was in 1967 and it was won by Brabham in a Brabham.

Generally the Bugatti it wasn't met with enthusiasm by teh drivers. I think that it is the circuit that the term "Mickey Mouse" was first used. Started by Graham Hill?

Anyway, there are better places to go. Paul Ricard would be good, even with the changes that have taken place since last tim eit held a GP.

Personally I would like Rouen back, but that will never happen! It would however be amazing!

The 24 hour track is a great track, with some fantastic corners, but I am not sure it would be the place for a GP either. I think it would be better to go somewhere different in France and Paul Ricard is a distance away.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Oct 2003 at 10:37.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 10:39 (Ref:736475)   #13
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hold the French Grand Prix at Brands Hatch..with the Channel Tunnel so close it could work
Old 1 Oct 2003, 10:44 (Ref:736480)   #14
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
Hold the French Grand Prix at Brands Hatch..with the Channel Tunnel so close it could work
Why not? We've had the Swiss Grand Prix held in France & we have the San Marino Grand Prix in Italy, anything in F1 is possible.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 10:48 (Ref:736484)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont like the MAGny cours circuit too much, so somewhere else would be nice!! Another one for Germany maybe calling it the 'French GP'??
Old 1 Oct 2003, 16:44 (Ref:736886)   #16
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Germany has enough GP's and since they trashed Hockenheim it probably has too many!
Old 1 Oct 2003, 21:14 (Ref:737182)   #17
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'd perfer them to Go to Le-Mans
Old 1 Oct 2003, 23:51 (Ref:737282)   #18
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
I think Germany has enough GP's and since they trashed Hockenheim it probably has too many!
Yeah but it never stopped them before. It would be interesting to go to Le Mans though as Magny Cours is apparently very hard to get to. Something due to being in the middle of nowhere.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 08:21 (Ref:737635)   #19
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i've been twice to the French GP at Magny Cours it's really in the middle of nowhere.If you want to go to a shop you'll have drive a 30km.The French GP at Le Mans would be great it's a very nice circuit the atmosfeer is always good and the shop for food and drinks are also in 5 a 10 min form the circuit.So come on Bernie let's do somethings grazy and do the French GP on the Bugatti in Le Mans please.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 13:40 (Ref:738038)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
According to www.autosport.com , if Magnt-Cours loses it's GP Canada are hoping to take the spot.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 14:36 (Ref:738116)   #21
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
But Canada have already lost it!
Old 2 Oct 2003, 14:38 (Ref:738118)   #22
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
but if France goes it leaves a slot for another race to run with no ciggie advertising...arguably
Old 2 Oct 2003, 14:50 (Ref:738125)   #23
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be missing something here but there is just no way that the Bugatti has the space (or the time) to put up all the **** associated with a Bernie Prix - plus its errrr somewhat primitive in facilities - all its got going for it is the airstrip & the local food & its proximity to England
Old 2 Oct 2003, 14:55 (Ref:738128)   #24
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
theres the answer then..hold em all in England
Old 2 Oct 2003, 16:43 (Ref:738238)   #25
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Yeahhhhhh!!!