Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum > Marshals Needed

Old 2 Jan 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1804023)   #1
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Orange in the Green

On the 3rd March the BRMC North region is running Grizedale North on the Malcolm Wilson Rally.
We would like as many Circuit Marshals as possible, especially those who have not done one before to come out and Marshal a Rally.
We are offering the chance for you to pick whatever job you want, Timing, Incident, Radio, Rallitrak. Working with experienced Race/Rally marshals.
3rd March, late sign-on, early finish!
Grizedale Forest, Near Hawkshead, to the west of Windermere, Stunning scenery, One of the most famous rally stages of them all. Oh, and everyone gets a commemarative mug!
So, anyone tempted, if so then I can be PM,d or you can go to www.brmc.org and find me under "North" or go to www.silkrallyradio.com and find me under teamsilk/silk3

If not, then let me know on this forum, I am aware there a lot of people who will not touch a rally with a ten foot bargepole, in fact a much greater percentage of Rally Marshals also do Races than vica-versa. Why?
Old 2 Jan 2007, 20:38 (Ref:1804229)   #2
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Briggs
If not, then let me know on this forum, I am aware there a lot of people who will not touch a rally with a ten foot bargepole, in fact a much greater percentage of Rally Marshals also do Races than vica-versa. Why?

I'm a not I'm afraid, but not afraid of rallying - I worked parc ferme on this year's Rally of Great Britian ( I refuse to call it by it's sponsor's name ) and wouldn't mind doing the same again on other rallys.

It's just the timing's a bit awkward for this one! Honest!
Old 3 Jan 2007, 16:25 (Ref:1805263)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Edited because post is irrelevent!
Old 4 Jan 2007, 07:05 (Ref:1805821)   #4
mad racer
Rookie

England
warrington
mad racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mark that the reson im saying anythink its us & them rule again biker marshall wont do car marshall and vasa versa a marshall is a marshall what ever you do it still voluntry

Last edited by mad racer; 4 Jan 2007 at 07:11.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1805853)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTEIf not, then let me know on this forum, I am aware there a lot of people who will not touch a rally with a ten foot bargepole, in fact a much greater percentage of Rally Marshals also do Races than vica-versa. Why?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for others, but for me it's mainly because the rallys take place a fair way away from where I live, and also during the time of year I have to devote more time to my house, which gets neglected during the summer months.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 08:17 (Ref:1805855)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad racer
mark that the reson im saying anythink its us & them rule again biker marshall wont do car marshall and vasa versa a marshall is a marshall what ever you do it still voluntry
I know a great deal of marshals who do both car and bike meetings and therefore don't think there is a 'them and us' scenario at all.

However, this is straying from the topic of the thread.....
Old 4 Jan 2007, 10:18 (Ref:1805919)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My earlier post was going to be an excuse to Briggsy that the BRSCC NW Dinner Dance is on the same day, but after reading that there's an early finish, I thought my excuse would never wash!
Old 5 Jan 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1807590)   #8
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
My earlier post was going to be an excuse to Briggsy that the BRSCC NW Dinner Dance is on the same day, but after reading that there's an early finish, I thought my excuse would never wash!
The BRSCC dance always clashes, but with a sign-on of 10am and a 3pm gettaway I had that one covered.
At the risk of falling on my face I normally get a good turn out for the Malcolm Wilson, So I am not desparate for numbers.
the real reason behind this thread, and the reason I wanted it in the general forum is that whilst out on the Rally GB I met the first rally marshals I have ever met that really dont like circuits, whilst not agreeing, their comparison between the Borg and Circuit marshals was extremly funny! And I wanted to find out if there is anything in particular that people dont like the idea of in Marshalling Rallies.
It always amazes me when the thread emerges every Oct/Nov asking what people are doing during the "Off" season, there is so much stuff going on 52 weekends a year.
Rallying is somewhat location dependant, but that actually appeals to me, getting to drive some of the best roads the country has to offer and then there is some motorsport thrown in as well!
Old 5 Jan 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1807595)   #9
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad racer

Oddly enough the Only bit of Marshalling I have stayed away from is the Bikes, I have done the odd meeting, but I am afraid I am a bit nervous of dealing with a badly injured rider, odd, isnt it, I dont mind whatever may be inside a car after a big one, or dealing with Diving accidents (another life!) but the idea of a biker bouncing down the road makes the hairs on my back stand on end!