Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 14 Mar 2007, 23:35 (Ref:1866865)   #676
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its not that simple.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 00:06 (Ref:1866881)   #677
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Geoff Steel was the team owner with the plans. Martyn Bell just drives the thing.
actually Martyn owns the car, Geoff Steel just gets paid to run it for him.

however my point was that it doesn't matter who announces 'plans' to do something. it doesnt amount to anything unless it actually happens (for example where is Encke Sport that announced their two car team?)
Old 15 Mar 2007, 00:08 (Ref:1866883)   #678
Vaughan2007
Rookie

Vaughan2007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heya,

Some Excellent Photo's in this Forum already...Well Done

Here's My Photo's From The Media Day At Rockingham...a Bit Of Pit, Paddock and Testing...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/totalbt...7600000170930/

Enjoy

Vaughan
Old 15 Mar 2007, 00:16 (Ref:1866885)   #679
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can we ditch the 'what's a plan/pipe dream/will happen, won't happen' discussion from now? It's getting a little stale.

We have the entry list - so we know whose plans were at least too optimistic to get them to race one, so lets remember/worry about them later.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 00:18 (Ref:1866886)   #680
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughan2007
Heya,

Some Excellent Photo's in this Forum already...Well Done

Here's My Photo's From The Media Day At Rockingham...a Bit Of Pit, Paddock and Testing...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/totalbt...7600000170930/

Enjoy

Vaughan
Nice shots.

Can I ask what that #90 'Chilton' Astra Sport Hatch is up to?
Old 15 Mar 2007, 00:24 (Ref:1866889)   #681
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Nice shots.

Can I ask what that #90 'Chilton' Astra Sport Hatch is up to?
They were doing passenger laps with it, Seat were doing the same with a 2007 Cupra Cup car. It looked/sounded like they were pre booked - shame, would have been nice to blag a go....

Edit to add - nice pics Vaughan
Old 18 Mar 2007, 16:59 (Ref:1870369)   #682
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from the end of the F1 coverage the first rounds from Brands Hatch will be shown on ITV3 at 4pm on April 1st.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1870513)   #683
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
I see from the end of the F1 coverage the first rounds from Brands Hatch will be shown on ITV3 at 4pm on April 1st.
So 'live' is just the last race. Don't know how showing a third of the race day activity live can be actually called live coverage of the BTCC from Brands.

It's just live coverage of a race.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 19:46 (Ref:1870583)   #684
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So 'live' is just the last race. Don't know how showing a third of the race day activity live can be actually called live coverage of the BTCC from Brands.

Since when has this been news to you?
It's the same as it has been for the last couple of years. Live the final race highlights of the other two.
Theyve never said all races are all live on ITV.
If you want to see all races live then watch it on setanta
Old 19 Mar 2007, 10:39 (Ref:1871234)   #685
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Not surprised - glad I've got Setanta.
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 13:36 (Ref:1871378)   #686
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
Well said. The insiders seem to be going into overdrive this winter. Dropping hints here and there and sometimes even battling eachother to prove who knows the most!
I know why they do that but I'm not allowed to tell you.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1871477)   #687
Lewisssssss
Rookie

Lewisssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, if I missed it if this has been discussed already.

Where is confirmation of Paul O'neil's entry for 2007? Surely someone with his talent can't be left out again. He is a great driver who deserves a car for 2007.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1871589)   #688
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Give the lad a budget and I'm sure he'll be near the top of the list of drivers that any team would want. As always, money talks.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:56 (Ref:1871636)   #689
Lewisssssss
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Give the lad a budget and I'm sure he'll be near the top of the list of drivers that any team would want. As always, money talks.

Do independant drivers get a salary from their teams? There seems to be a lot of racing drivers who are talented , but they have to bring money to a team. Does this mean they are part time drivers or Pro's? Do they have another job. I read somewhere that Paul O'Neil worked in ikea while he was in his first year of touring cars.

Would another series like the Porsche UK Cup be a good alternative to the BTCC? at least he would be able to show his obvious natural talent driving in another series rather than sitting another year on the sidelines.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1871652)   #690
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I doubt Paul could afford to do Porsches either, sadly.

Yes, he did indeed work at Ikea. He said it was as much about keeping his feet on the ground as bringing in a wage, although I'm sure he'd not have done it gratis!

There are very few drivers in the BTCC who are taking a wage from their team. One or two may be getting a couple of quid from deals with their sponsors but I'd be surprised if any more than 4 or perhaps 5 drivers take a wage. Most will have other jobs or ventures to fund their living costs.

Last edited by Craig; 19 Mar 2007 at 19:13.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1871653)   #691
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
No independent driver gets a salary as such, they all need to bring money to the team one way or another. What some do is ensure the sponsorship they secure includes a degree of "expenses" for themselves, but that's usually the exception.

Paul works at Oulton Park during the week, as a driver coach for their race school / experience days / corporate days. If you ever do an experience day at any other circuit, chances are you'll bump into a few familiar names.

Porsche Cup, British GT, or many other series would be alternative but again it all comes down to money.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1871714)   #692
Lewisssssss
Rookie

Ok, thanks for the answers. What would be the cost of a Porsche drive in the cup series for the year then out of interest?
Old 19 Mar 2007, 20:34 (Ref:1871727)   #693
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I notice that Encke Sport are putting back there plans to enter the BTCC until 2008. Now why am I not supriesed at this news.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1871752)   #694
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I notice that Encke Sport are putting back there plans to enter the BTCC until 2008. Now why am I not supriesed at this news.
"Officially", Encke is actually hoping to enter with S2000 machinery for the 2nd half of the '07 season. But we'll know by mid-season whether those plans happen or not.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1872183)   #695
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not convinced about Paul. He was always well-behind the other works Vauxhalls when he raced for them. He may be a lot better than a few of the back-marker BTCC drivers, but I wouldn't say he's the biggest loss for this year's field. I'd've had higher hopes for Ferrier, and certainly Thompson. Still, guys like Onslow-Cole and Jackson have sorted something out, so it must be possible.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 15:24 (Ref:1872372)   #696
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes

Paul works at Oulton Park during the week, as a driver coach for their race school / experience days / corporate days. If you ever do an experience day at any other circuit, chances are you'll bump into a few familiar names.

Porsche Cup, British GT, or many other series would be alternative but again it all comes down to money.
That much is true!

I did a racing school day thing at Thruxton back in 1998 for my 18th birthday and the guy who was coaching me in the MGF was a chap with the second name of Stringfellow (I can't remember his first name of the top of my head). As it turns out I discovered some years later after watching some old F3 videos that he raced in British F3 back in the late 80's / early 90's.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 16:00 (Ref:1872381)   #697
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
That much is true!

I did a racing school day thing at Thruxton back in 1998 for my 18th birthday and the guy who was coaching me in the MGF was a chap with the second name of Stringfellow (I can't remember his first name of the top of my head). As it turns out I discovered some years later after watching some old F3 videos that he raced in British F3 back in the late 80's / early 90's.
That would be nightclub owner Peter Stringfellow's son Scott, who drives the BTCC safety car!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 15:13 (Ref:1873136)   #698
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
That would be nightclub owner Peter Stringfellow's son Scott, who drives the BTCC safety car!
Oh right!

The things you learn eh?

He was a really cool chap, very likeable.
Old 22 Mar 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1873898)   #699
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TD are rumored to have started testing the Civic at Pembrey this week!

Come on lads, only a week to the first round!
Old 22 Mar 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1873949)   #700
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd post a request here. Does anyone have a good side view shot of Adam Jones' Red, Silver and Black Toledo. I'm working on the SEATCupra.net/Ten-Tenths Spotters Guide (which probably won't be done for the first round! and have trouble finding an image which shows the back of the side.

Contact me via PM or post a link. Thanks