Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3093680)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really sorry to hear the latest news Craig. I was really pleased that Allon had the name-check on RLM (as did Tenths) but gutted that he hasn't had the chance to hear it. I'll make sure he's sent the podcast of the relevant part.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3093685)   #27
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
I haven't had the pleasure to meet Allon or interact with him online. But if he's anything like the rest of the guys here, and judging by the responses he is, Allon is a quality person. Good luck and best wishes, Allon, to a speedy and full recovery.

-Robert
Likewise, hopefully Allon will have a swift recovery!
Get well soon!
Old 17 Jun 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3093799)   #28
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice touch. Allon appeared in the chat on Wednesday and Thursday at least.

Hope for a quick recovery.

I was asleep at 5 am...... so I missed the mention.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3094322)   #29
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys,
Haven't been here for a while, but am sending this on behalf of Allon. I kept in touch with him throughout the weekend and he is very grateful for the messages on here. We have both agreed to get ourselves back next year. He will be better, and I've told him no more children! Two's enough and you keep impacting on important things, and as for getting ill, enoughs enough! So, looking forward to catching up with all the regulars at the 10/10ths next year and Allon will reply on this forum as soon as the hospital release him!
Kind regards, Mike.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3094326)   #30
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Hi Mikeybaby, hope you are well? There's another young'un in this house too since I saw you last! Had a message from Allon to say he hopes that they will let him out in a couple of days which is good news. He has heard reports that there was a banner which amuses and pleases him greatly. He sends a kiss to you all!
Old 18 Jun 2012, 22:18 (Ref:3094441)   #31
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
here's the larger one

I love this photo!
I really wish you the very best Allon!, you can beat it.

Does anyone got the bit with the Ten-tenths/Allon mention?
Old 18 Jun 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3094473)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Does anyone got the bit with the Ten-tenths/Allon mention?
I'll get it when the podcast is available - haven't had the chance to check yet.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3094741)   #33
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!

Hi guys,

Managed to persuade (twist the arm) of my dr to let me have a few hours at home today. Hopefully out properly in the next couple of days, just an annoying low grade infection, but when you have no white blood cells after chemo they have to treat you in hospital. And of course my temperature went up Sat am, just in time to miss the race and father's day, bloody typical!

I really wanted to pop by as soon as a I could and say a huge thanks for the photo and the message on RLM, (which I missed of course...) I was really blown away when Hursty and Craig told me about them and seeing the photo today; what can I say but a massive thanks. The support and kind wishes from both friends I have met at Le Mans and also people here I have never met, means so much and is a real lift when I'm feeling poorly or a bit fed up.

Still early days in the treatment, and unclear as to what will happen when. But as I am under strict orders to be at Le Mans next year, I really have no choice but to get better!

Thanks again to all of you
Best wishes
Allon
Old 19 Jun 2012, 12:39 (Ref:3094812)   #34
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont know Allon, and only heard about it at the Saturday meet, but knowing others who are putting in a good fight in similar circumstances I know that there is room for optimism.

All the best and hope to meet you in 2013!

Regs
Old 19 Jun 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3094956)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
sorry about the Hat as it blocks out a few faces, but I can confirm that we all raised a glass and wished you the best
Old 20 Aug 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3122002)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just to provide you all with an update from Allon.

Hope you are well and enjoying what you can of our 'summer'. I am midway through a course of arsenic (yes really!) treatment in the hope that it will blast my leukaemia. If that goes to plan, then a stem cell transplant in the autumn some time. All taking a bit longer than would be ideal; my relapse is a strange one, it is localised (good) in my left hip, but this is unusual so Drs not 100% sure how to treat it (not so good).

It's obvious Allon is in for the long haul and I'll keep you posted with any news.

For anyone who hasn't heard Allon's and Tenths mention on Radio Le Mans on Sunday morning - here it is - I couldn't upload it direct to Tenths because it's just a shade too big so I put it on Mediafire, which I gather is reasonably reputable and can be accessed without payment.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n8mrehesjon05et

But don't download anything from any pop-ups!
Old 20 Aug 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3122011)   #37
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you Ayse!
Nice to hear from Allon, i really hope he will improve soon, and that the stemcell research is an aid for him.

Ayse, do you have Dropbox?, i think you can do a direct secure download from there. If not i'll see if i can get time to do it when i get home
Old 20 Aug 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3122017)   #38
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
That was nice. Thx for the link and the upload!

(I got a pop-up for hotels in Bangkok... Luckily it was not for some other 'services' available in that area)
Old 20 Aug 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3122059)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a shame I couldn't just upload it to Tenths direct, but the limit is 1.5Mb. I'm happy for anyone else to upload it somewhere more suitable, but you need to remember the RLM mp3s are subject to copyright. I'm sure Hindy and Eve would have no objection to our publication of a tiny snippet that is of great interest to us (and probably no-one else), but it's worth noting that all of the downloadable mp3s of this year's race now carry copyright warnings.....
Old 20 Aug 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3122096)   #40
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Luckily that wasn't the case in 2008 when a mail I sent in got read in the show. I couldn't make it to Le Mans that year (stupid exams) and was surprised to hear my name mentioned on the (internet)radio! Downloaded that part for future reference.
Old 20 Aug 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3122106)   #41
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I hope this work .
If it does, you are welcome to use it Ayse!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5viokk71w...m24_AFS_TT.mp3
Old 20 Aug 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3122123)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Looks good - thank you
Old 22 Aug 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3122941)   #43
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Hi guys

Heard the clip now, wow fame at last! Seriously though it means a lot when times are tough to know that people are thinking of you. Ayse has also very kindly sent me a framed photo of the get well message; most of this year I will want to forget, but that is one thing I will really treasure.

On the health front, it's looking like the arsenic is working and hopefully that keeps me on schedule for a stem cell transplant in the early autumn. It's a long recovery from that; a month in hospital, 3 months avoiding groups of people due to low immunity (although with a 9 year old and a toddler what chance have I got of avoiding bugs!), and then another 3 months or so to get anywhere near normal. So LM next year will be a tight call, but I will do everything I can to be there and thank you all in person.

Best wishes
Allon
Old 22 Aug 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3122943)   #44
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Allon. Very best wishes for your treatment and continued recovery. I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking of you.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3122948)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
WE are all paying/hoping for you and looking forward to seeing you in June next year
Old 22 Aug 2012, 12:30 (Ref:3122995)   #46
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never met you or any of the other guys on here (maybe one day!) - but at times it is easy to forget that.
Best wishes for a speedy and ongoing recovery.
Pilg (Gavin).
Old 23 Sep 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3140382)   #47
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Hi guys, thought I would pop by and say hello.

I had my stem cell transplant on Friday 21st Sept, now in an isolation room in hospital for the next 3-4 weeks. I'm lucky it is a new room and very nice as hospital rooms go; I'm also allowed 4 named visitors so can see my family (but not my kids who aren't allowed - boo).

Today is my 40th b'day, I know some people try and avoid 'big 0s', but I think I might have found the most extreme way yet! I was pretty rough yesterday, but better today which is good. However I know the next few weeks will be pretty ugly at times, so I thought I would say hi now while I feel up to it. As you can tell I've got a laptop here and in my slide show screensaver (Porsche racing posters 1960s-1990s!) I also have the photo you guys did at Le Mans this year and it is a real morale booster - so thanks again.

Best wishes for now
Allon
Old 23 Sep 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3140396)   #48
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Glad to hear your on the mend mate ......
Old 23 Sep 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3140398)   #49
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Hi guys, thought I would pop by and say hello.

I had my stem cell transplant on Friday 21st Sept, now in an isolation room in hospital for the next 3-4 weeks. I'm lucky it is a new room and very nice as hospital rooms go; I'm also allowed 4 named visitors so can see my family (but not my kids who aren't allowed - boo).

Today is my 40th b'day, I know some people try and avoid 'big 0s', but I think I might have found the most extreme way yet! I was pretty rough yesterday, but better today which is good. However I know the next few weeks will be pretty ugly at times, so I thought I would say hi now while I feel up to it. As you can tell I've got a laptop here and in my slide show screensaver (Porsche racing posters 1960s-1990s!) I also have the photo you guys did at Le Mans this year and it is a real morale booster - so thanks again.

Best wishes for now
Allon
Good to hear from you Allon!
I'm glad to hear that you got a good room, and that you had the transplant, however being kept away from your kids, especially on your birthday, well, it sucks... i can't imagine how hard it must be.
I wish you the very best!, and Happy 40th Birthday, hope to see you next year at Le Mans!
Old 23 Sep 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3140399)   #50
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Thanks for that, although it will be a few months before we really know if I am on the mend. But I have got this far and another milestone, so I'll happily take that.