Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Jun 2002, 14:35 (Ref:318235)   #1
Ellie
Rookie

Ellie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know the truth

I'm getting really confused, i have just read this article, does anyone know what is really happening with the European Minardi Team

F3000: European Minardi to continue
21-06-2002

Earlier this week there were reports that Coloni had bought the 'financially challenged' European Minardi F3000 team, however we are delighted to report that there is no truth to these stories.

Indeed European Minardi F3000 today announced at the Nurburgring, scene of this weekend’s sixth race of the FIA International F3000 Championship, that the team will compete in all remaining rounds of the 2002 series.

There had been concern the Ledbury-based squad might have to withdraw from the Championship for commercial reasons, but a restructuring of the team has now assured its continued participation in what is generally acknowledged to be the final proving ground for young racing drivers before graduation to Formula One.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 15:57 (Ref:318263)   #2
cv2000
Rookie

cv2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems they gonna finish the season as minardi.

Someone mentioned on an other thread that there can't be two teams under same ownership? I am not sure but that probably has something to do with Coloni not being able to buy them
Old 21 Jun 2002, 16:08 (Ref:318270)   #3
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few weeks ago, precisely on June 5th I personnaly talked to Paul Stoddart who told me the F3000 was most probably not going to do any more races.

But I guess with the "possible" millions they could get from the TV sponsorship in F1 everything is on the standby for now, both F3000 and F1 championship I mean.

It must not be funny for people who work for Minardi nowadays...

Imagine yourself being worried if your going to get paid by your boss, or be bought by another team, or simply be put out of a job.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 16:09 (Ref:318273)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they probably can't buy the entries or something daft like that, and have to run it under the name of minardi.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 16:13 (Ref:318276)   #5
Ellie
Rookie

Ellie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
they probably can't buy the entries or something daft like that, and have to run it under the name of minardi.
I can understand why for the remainder of the season they would have to keep it under the same name, but the article I found said that Coloni had not even bought it.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 20:16 (Ref:318387)   #6
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Press section was updated: European Minardi F3000 Nürburgring qualifying report (source: euroav.com)