Old 2 Mar 2007, 03:42 (Ref:1855213)   #1
TKRCBuilder
Rookie

United States
USA
TKRCBuilder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coil Binding

Hey

Im looking for some usefull knowledge about a theory for my race car on binding the springs.

The car is a dirt modified and races on left hand turns mainly short stop and goes and some half miles, The rear suspension is 4 a bar suspension on a birdcage and the left rear gets alot of droop or downward travel. As you get on the gas the car gets up off the left rear spring and stay on the bars which is the only thing holding it up until you let off. There is also alot of pionon wrap as you get on the gas. My rear springs are clamped to the rear end and the left one is in front of the rear to pick the lr corner up.

My theory is running a rather stiff LR spring to get the car up on the bars quickly and then to run a RF spring that will bottom out as soon as the LR gets on the bars. The shocks I have help me in this direction but it could be better

In all i guess my question is will this push me to the right or give me alot of traction at the rear if done right. Also by loosing ride height on the RF will I gain RR traction

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, Also check out my site to see a picture of a car.

Thanks
TK
Old 2 Mar 2007, 09:34 (Ref:1855402)   #2
GordonG
Racer

GordonG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 nations separated by a common language.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 18:16 (Ref:1855726)   #3
TKRCBuilder
Rookie

United States
USA
TKRCBuilder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re-Phrase

Ok ill re-phrase this

Its hard to get traction and side bite with the car as you cant do anything with the tires and the tracks are dry like sand somtimes. If you take and wedge the LR and RF solidly against each other at a dynamic ride height like lowering the RF and Raising the LR. Would this help with traction to the rear wheeels.