Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Apr 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3399277)   #751
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So does Hindy know something we don't know about how the regulations are written (or not written) for circumstances such as this, or is he just making this up

Old 28 Apr 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3399280)   #752
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think I saw it on the last update.

Expect that flag to change again before the final list is published, and may be again during the race.
I'd be more surprised to see the Lotus still on the final entry list by race week, let alone under a different flag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Pity for Millennium... especially as the arrival of their finding is only days away...

Real shame for ADR though, I'm sure they would have managed to put a real programme together if they hadn't been duped.

Fabien Giroix has pit together many programmes over the years though, hope the true story comes out at some point.
As they say, 'the cheque's in the post'. I agree with you- hopefully the true story comes out about this one, because it sounds very much as if ADR have been sold a real pup here, and to be honest I'd be surprised to see them out at all this season, unless they can pull together a deal with a few paying drivers later in the year. There's something very odd about this whole Millennium business...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd also be interested to see what Aston have to say about their mass withdrawal.
Me too- right now, with one proper pro car, the other only a bronze-graded driver short of being an 'Am' entry, and two 'Am' cars, they're looking more like the side of AF Corse that runs customer cars for gentleman drivers than they do a serious factory effort.... Is money short at AMR again?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3399283)   #753
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi
I'd also be interested to see what Aston have to say about their mass withdrawal
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Me too- right now, with one proper pro car, the other only a bronze-graded driver short of being an 'Am' entry, and two 'Am' cars, they're looking more like the side of AF Corse that runs customer cars for gentleman drivers than they do a serious factory effort.... Is money short at AMR again?

Corporate answer from AMR official

“Our four Vantage GTEs will contest this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans,” explains Gaw. “We were, earlier this year, given six places on the grid by the ACO. However, after careful consideration, we decided that we want to focus our concentration on coming away with the best possible results for our four works cars.”

Almost as non-telling from Autosport

AMR team principal John Gaw revealed that Roald Goethe, who is racing in the European Le Mans Series with his Vantage GTE this year, had decided to scratch his Am entry because of a lack of time.
"Roald is far too busy with his business and there are a variety of reasons behind the decision to withdraw the Pro car, so we have decided to concentrate our efforts on our four regular World Endurance Championship cars [two in Pro and two in Am]," he said
Old 28 Apr 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3399287)   #754
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So does Hindy know something we don't know about how the regulations are written (or not written) for circumstances such as this, or is he just making this up

He's quoting the rules, and that's what they say. It's within the ACO's power to change them, bend them or break them, but that's the way it's written. I doubt we will see any additions to be honest.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3399288)   #755
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ironic too that this year of all years the ACO have been talking about expanding the pit complex.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3399292)   #756
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ironic too that this year of all years the ACO have been talking about expanding the pit complex.
Ironic yes but adding more cars to the race may well be necessary to grow the ELMS grid, especially on the P2 side.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3399294)   #757
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
He's quoting the rules, and that's what they say. It's within the ACO's power to change them, bend them or break them, but that's the way it's written. I doubt we will see any additions to be honest.
Oh, do the rules menton such circumstance as this, or just something vague along the lines of "entries must be submitted by January 31 and cannot be added later" or sth like that?

I was browsing through ACO LM 14 supplementary regs and didn't really find anything concrete. I'm not sure if they even have anything prepared for this?

Anyway, even if it's in there, they can do whatever they wish to alter it, just as they do with GTE 'rulebook'
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3399300)   #758
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They've added later, haven't they? I'm struggling to remember, but I'm sure they've added another entry at some stage in the last 6-7 years...? I remember arguing at the time that it was contrary to their own rules, but......
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3399302)   #759
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They've added later, haven't they? I'm struggling to remember, but I'm sure they've added another entry at some stage in the last 6-7 years...? I remember arguing at the time that it was contrary to their own rules, but......
Race Performance's first Le Mans entry (in 2010 with the Radical) was a VERY late addition, and as far as I'm aware they were never on the entry or reserve list initially. The last reserve was a second Spyker, which withdrew just around the time that the ACO announced that they would fill the recently-built 56th garage with an entry.

And to emphasize how late the team got that entry... from what I can recall during the TV broadcast, the car had a few spins and had to be towed from the gravel a couple of times, and I swear I saw that car running on cut slicks. In the dry. They didn't even have enough time to sort out a proper tire deal for the race.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3399303)   #760
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If any team wants to get in the ACO's good books just give them a call...

I'm sure they'd bend the rules as others have said. No way they'd just hold their hands up and let the race run below capacity. It doesn't benefit anyone.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3399308)   #761
Deleted
Veteran

I do wonder if Tracy's "Risi" has made the call back yet. Surely he would prefer to have his own car instead of random rent ride in another.

Of course, he might not have the best of relations with the ACO now
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3399311)   #762
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I do wonder if Tracy's "Risi" has made the call back yet. Surely he would prefer to have his own car instead of random rent ride in another.

It's been pulled from the entry list a while ago.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3399312)   #763
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

To be honest I think if Krohn pulled out of Taisan then that would kill that entry. So there'd be no benefit.

One possibility is the might of AF Corse. They are entering a spare car at the test day for Duncan Cameron. Maybe that could be fleshed out into a reserve entry?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3399315)   #764
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It's been pulled from the entry list a while ago.
Umm yes I know, that's why I said "call back"
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:42 (Ref:3399317)   #765
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am sure that the ACO will at this moment be think and acting to try and ensure a full grid but if more than i other car pulls out they might have trouble
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3399322)   #766
Deleted
Veteran

Yes it's still... April!

In any case I'd think the real problem for the ACO will be the post-LM WEC races. If they're barely managing to get 28 for the dress rehearsal this weekend - ie usually the most crowded race outside the big one - I thnk they'll struggle massively to hit even 25x come September when after the 16 year summer break everyone has already forgotten that the series still exists

Personally I don't care for that (though it's nice thing to complain about ), the only thing that really matters is to have full quality grid for LM. Hopefully they'll be flexible and welcome anyone willing to step in
Old 28 Apr 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3399327)   #767
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe the series need more classes, GT3 could have been on the WEC program, yes speed difference would be bigger then it is now but in the seventies and eighties we also had more different classes resulting in big speed differences,
At lest there are lots of good GT3 cars around, and not just. Astons, Corvettes, Porsches and Ferraris.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3399332)   #768
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The unified GT regs on the distant horizon should make this less of a problem in future. Next year could see a bit if scrabbling around though with cars reaching the end of their useful lives.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3399339)   #769
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
This E-I editorial believes that Krohn will not be involved in the Taisan entry: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/24-...-des-lecteurs/
Old 28 Apr 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3399374)   #770
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
If the FIA WEC does indeed run itself into the ground like the ELMS did in 2012, then they should consider running GTC in 2015 before the unified GT regs in 2016 (this will sound stupid but... we are sure that's the induction year?).

That way, things won't look so dismal for teams going into 2016... low grid numbers could dissuade some possible teams in Europe, NA, and Asia, to go to ELMS, TUSC, and AsLMS respectively. So with that, I think GTC would be good for one year. Run them in a pro-am class.

I'm hoping Millennium will eventually join the fray later down the road, Strakka should be joining at LMS onwards, and there shouldn't be any more drop outs that I can see. They would all be unexpected.... but we should expect that.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3399380)   #771
Deleted
Veteran

Well there has been quite a few "unexpected" entries folding races or fading into nothingness in these few first weeks already, I don't see why there wouldn't be further pull-offs after the most important part of the year is done in June... that's how it tends to go

I can see RAM folding. For one car at least, then they can keep good relations with the ACO and make it slightly cheaper. Or maybe they just switch back to ELMS. Their withdrawal from "Spa only" is quite telling of their financials...

With Strakka, I guess it depends very much on how much interest Dome has, not otherwise round...

SMP is the subject of sanctions, and that can go either way so nothing is confirmed there.

Regarding Millennium, even if they got the cash cow back milking they'd have no reason to take part for the rest of the season due to Le Mans having gone down to the drain and with no real hope of going after championship. Better wait for next year

Lotus, if they even show ut at LM, is shaky at best for the rest of the season, wouldn't count them in. Due to LMP1 field being so small and ACO attempting to make it work desperately, it is the only category where I'd imagine ACO would forgive if you turn your back to the rest of the season and only do the one race that matters. Actually thinking of the future P1 privateers not wanting to spend millions fiddling behind factories, I wonder if that could be the game plan... only really commit to Le Mans and still be allowed to race because ACO cannot loose you. Sort of like time travelling back to 90's, one race per year and maybe the pre-LM dress rehearsals. I don't think it would be that terrible of a idea for them under the circumstance? It's not like winning WEC LMP1-L sub class is really worth anything anyway, so better concentrate for just Le Mans. There's unlimited testing so nothing is stopping you from running the car throughout the year

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Apr 2014 at 21:10.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3399392)   #772
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
This E-I editorial believes that Krohn will not be involved in the Taisan entry: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/24-...-des-lecteurs/
And they never were going to be involved with it
Old 28 Apr 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3399397)   #773
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It would be great if someone screenshoted the original entry list. It changes so much every year - but the weblink always reverts to the new version. The Romanian flag is definitely new.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3399406)   #774
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
FLIPPANT COMMENT ALERT

You know if they're really really really short of entries in '15/16, they could invite DPs ...

As grim as this could be, I am glad for all the reserve entries that potentially make the race (would have all picked them over yet another Aston); it's just a shame Delta have been ****ed.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3399503)   #775
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
You know if they're really really really short of entries in '15/16, they could invite DPs ... .
I'm not sure if the DP owners would understand the concept of not being the headlining "we are catered first" class and technical competition & strategy meaning more than their drivers banging wheels with each other in equalized machinery while waiting for next yellow and wave by