Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 May 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3406003)   #926
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Great. Thanks Walter.
Old 13 May 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3406017)   #927
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'm going by way of the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Wikipedia page, where there are 18 open seats remaining. But quite a few of those are more or less confirmed.

#29 Pegasus Racing: last seat should be Jonathan Coleman given he will have driven the opening two ELMS rounds for the team after Imola - I've read somewhere (E-I I think) that it won't be Coleman.

#33 OAK Team Asia: should be Cong Fu Cheng... massively experienced Chinese driver for what apparently will be an all-Chinese lineup. Adderly Fong is also in the back of my mind.

#41 Greaves: Matt McMurry more or less confirmed - agreed

#42 Greaves: hard to pick. Me thinks Munemann, Latif, and Christian Zugel.

#58 Sofrev: Pons and Ayari - I think this has been confirmed a while

#60 AF Corse: Raffaele Gianmaria and Lorenzo Case, by virtue of the 6hrs of Spa - Again I think this was confirmed during Spa

#61 AF Corse: Cioci and Venturi - Also had this down as a done deal

#62 AF Corse: Blank and Bachelier - Seems like this is a locked-in squad

#70 Taisan: No drivers confirmed for this entry

#72 SMP: no idea

#98 AMR: Lamy and Nygaard - In the car for test day
I think Wikipedia is a bit behind.

One question for me is Tracy Krohn. I wouldn't put it past him to buy his way into somewhere - even if it apparently won't be Taisan. Will Aston try and squeeze Richie Stanaway in somewhere? Not sure there's room for him.

EDIT: Most line-ups don't change after test day so I think this confirms much of the above: http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2014.pdf

Last edited by Simmi; 13 May 2014 at 21:37.
Old 13 May 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3406020)   #928
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The pits allocation : http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2014.pdf
Old 14 May 2014, 06:07 (Ref:3406092)   #929
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for that Eric, interesting to see the support paddock as well
Old 14 May 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3406316)   #930
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good educated guess from Beetle - Adderly Fong is the final driver in the OAK Team Asia Ligier: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/add...ing-team-asia/
Old 15 May 2014, 04:54 (Ref:3406468)   #931
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
OAK Team Asia Ligier has an American, a Canadian and a Dutch! New colonialism at its best! Maybe Nicolet sixth sense is picking up voices from the other side.
Old 15 May 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3406523)   #932
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to Sports-carracing.net,
Team TAISAN Confirms LM24 driver line-up.
Drivers are James Rossiter, Martin Rich and Pierre Ehret.
Rossiter contracted with TAISAN formally on Tuesday.
However, he cannot participate in the test day.
http://www.sports-carracing.net/2014...tm#140515news1
Old 15 May 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3406572)   #933
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
According to Sports-carracing.net,
Team TAISAN Confirms LM24 driver line-up.
Drivers are James Rossiter, Martin Rich and Pierre Ehret.
Rossiter contracted with TAISAN formally on Tuesday.
However, he cannot participate in the test day.
http://www.sports-carracing.net/2014...tm#140515news1
Thanks for the info Samurai. This line-up was the biggest mystery to me. Shame not to see one Japanese driver.

Also announced is another change at RAM racing.

Archie Hamilton replaces Ben Collins in the Am car.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...ng-at-le-mans/

I don't know the facts but it seems like they are moving to drink in some additional funding to the entries. How they'll continue in the WEC post-race I'm not sure...
Old 15 May 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3406578)   #934
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Also quite interesting - Tor Graves has thrown his toys out of the pram and retired from motorsport.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/tor...ere-de-pilote/

I did think the recovery from shingles was taking a while. I'd say the wallet is probably his biggest ailment if other drivers are taking his seat.

He clearly feels he's been shafted by Delta-ADR (who in turn have been shafted) and Murphy Prototypes.
Old 15 May 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3406598)   #935
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Also quite interesting - Tor Graves has thrown his toys out of the pram and retired from motorsport.

I did think the recovery from shingles was taking a while. I'd say the wallet is probably his biggest ailment if other drivers are taking his seat.

He clearly feels he's been shafted by Delta-ADR (who in turn have been shafted) and Murphy Prototypes.
Not good for him.
Old 15 May 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3406613)   #936
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think what we're seeing with murphy and ram in particular is that there is very little commercial appeal for sponsors to get involved with privateers, both on the world stage and the european one.

both have a fairly strong identity as a team (branding, and continuity of that branding), and good, strong lineups whenever possible and yet we're seeing some fairly obvious stand-in drivers being swapped for guys able to contribute to the team budget.

this is the time for the organisers to be taking a serious look at what they can do to strengthen their product before it goes the way of european single seaters.

/doom and gloom
Old 15 May 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3406695)   #937
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Well I suppose the marshals in the Porsche Curves will be relieved........
Old 15 May 2014, 17:58 (Ref:3406715)   #938
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stephane Raffin completes Pegasus Racing - http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ste...egasus-racing/

2/3 of the infamous DKR trio from last year in the race. Hopefully they'll have better luck/mirrors this year. Although Brandela looked okay at Silverstone.
Old 16 May 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3406921)   #939
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
A further confirmation to that Taisan news: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...p-for-le-mans/

Glad to see Rossiter get a drive. Anything can happen in this class so they might not be a bad shout for a podium.
Old 16 May 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3406950)   #940
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So that just leaves the #72 SMP Ferrari, and the #42 Greaves to be confirmed? Assuming nothing else changes...
Old 16 May 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3406959)   #941
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
So that just leaves the #72 SMP Ferrari, and the #42 Greaves to be confirmed? Assuming nothing else changes...
Yep only three driver gaps left on my list. 2 for SMP and 1 for Greaves.

Strictly speaking Matt McMurry hasn't been confirmed yet in the #41. I think he will be. Lotus/Kodewa haven't confirmed a great deal and still need to officially name Kaffer/Bouchut. But we're almost there.
Old 16 May 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3407021)   #942
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Stephane Raffin completes Pegasus Racing - http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ste...egasus-racing/

2/3 of the infamous DKR trio from last year in the race. Hopefully they'll have better luck/mirrors this year. Although Brandela looked okay at Silverstone.
Both the team and those DKR refugees have better chance of success this year thanks to having better chassis instead of Norma in 2010 or in DKR's case aged Lola open top.

Though I do miss Norma, it was sorta like the Minardi of LMP2. I remember Extreme Limite Paris setting awesome goals for LMS back in the day too, "top six in P2"
Old 17 May 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3407222)   #943
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Going back to JMW abandoning Dunlop - I had already forgotten this stupid spec tire rule for AM, which may explain the change...

from last year http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...to-lmp1-rules/
Quote:
Also announced is that the GTE-Am category will have a single tire supplier next year. Michelin currently provides rubber to all full-season competitors in the category, although currently not under an exclusive deal.

Had they stayed in PRO they could've retained them
Old 19 May 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3407924)   #944
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Graham Goodwin ‏@dsceditor 1m
Expect a further revision to the Le Mans entry list in the next couple of days - and expect a surprise!
Here we go again! I'll take a third Toyota.
Old 19 May 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3407925)   #945
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/dsceditor/status/468438950324228097

Quote:
Graham Goodwin ‏@dsceditor 2m
Expect a further revision to the Le Mans entry list in the next couple of days - and expect a surprise!
I guess the revision means no Lotus.
Old 19 May 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3407928)   #946
Deleted
Veteran

Hopefully that surprise (= if means replacement) is more in the direction of Pagani Zonda than Ferrari 458 or Oreca Nissan

Hell I'd even take JLOC. The grid needs some comedy. I mean really, we don't have DKR (albeit some of their drivers), Gulf Racing Middle East, AMR-One, RSR Jaguar, Autocon etc, so we need something to ridicule. Especially if/when the Kolles car fails to show up...
Old 19 May 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3407941)   #947
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It is easy to laugh but these guys put in huge efforts to be there and that deserves some respect rather than ridicule
Old 19 May 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3407944)   #948
Deleted
Veteran

Not every aspect of the race needs to be taken seriously...
Old 19 May 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3407946)   #949
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently no, it's not no Lotus. I just wanted to say that.

Has the Caterham car always had a Malaysian flag next to it? Would make sense but I hadn't noticed before.

By 'changes', I assume it's not withdrawals or additions, but maybe some driver shuffling or a chance of car for someone. I'm going for ProSpeed 991 as one.
Old 19 May 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3407949)   #950
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
By 'changes', I assume it's not withdrawals or additions, but maybe some driver shuffling or a chance of car for someone. I'm going for ProSpeed 991 as one.
I won’t take “a further revision to the Le Mans entry list” to mean a change to a driver lineup. Including the phrase “entry list” means either someone’s pulled their entry and thus are being replaced and/or a team has changed cars.