Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 May 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3407962)   #951
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know Chiana meant it in jest, but a 'joke' entry - no thanks. And JLOC? Ye Gods......

I'd love to take Simmi's choice, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.......
Old 19 May 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3407964)   #952
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The thing is - the most logical entrylist change (Lotus out - AF Corse in) isn't a 'surprise'.

So basically now I'm pretty intrigued. I just hope it's a net gain for the race whatever it is.
Old 19 May 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3407969)   #953
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just one Viper?
Old 19 May 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3407976)   #954
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes a viper would be nice but it is not going to happen unfortunately
Old 19 May 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3407983)   #955
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know, I know...
Old 20 May 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3408121)   #956
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The thing is - the most logical entrylist change (Lotus out - AF Corse in) isn't a 'surprise'.

So basically now I'm pretty intrigued. I just hope it's a net gain for the race whatever it is.

We may as well just give the whole entry to AF Corse.... Has any team ever had so many entries?
Old 20 May 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3408148)   #957
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Finally it's confirmed. Lotus are GONE.

Millennium return to the grid with Giroix/Turvey/Martin and become possible favourites for LMP2.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/lot...-aux-affaires/
Old 20 May 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3408155)   #958
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Spat my morning coffee out when I read that! Shockwaves reverberate through the paddock...
Old 20 May 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3408157)   #959
Mike E
Veteran

That's a strong line up. The only other team in LMP2 with two platinum drivers is Strakka and they may well be dealing with new car issues.
Old 20 May 2014, 09:57 (Ref:3408158)   #960
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Millennium return to the grid with Giroix/Turvey/Martin and become possible favourites for LMP2.

Pleased to see the ADR Delta back - does this mean the Millennium money has shown up or that the ACO has found a way to help them onto the grid for June, as the car exists, has a solid driver lineup, and they want a full grid?

Not sure I'd slot them in as immediate favourites - my feeling is they'll suffer a bit from the relative lack of running so far, but undeniably keep LMP2 as a class where I genuinely don't know who out of a big field of possible winners is likely to do it.

Lotus? Yeah, completely unsurprised although disappointed to have lost an LMP1.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3408162)   #961
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And here comes the full list, all seats filled

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...-millenium-in/
Old 20 May 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3408168)   #962
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no, i don't think they're immediate favourites either but they'll certainly be there to clear up should there be a collective fail in the manner of imola.

glad to see that something has been sorted out for the team to compete at le mans though.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3408170)   #963
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Millennium doing the Hokey Kokey this season.

Last edited by wewantourdarbyback; 20 May 2014 at 10:28. Reason: I done a word
Old 20 May 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3408173)   #964
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Don't see why Millennium won't be up there.

Team, drivers and car aren't new. They have I assume all the data they need. They've already tested this year on a few occasions.

Few interesting entry list changes. Mika Salo returns to the race with SMP in one of their P2s. Frankie Montecalvo replaces team boss Enzo Potolicchio for 8Star. Final guy at Greaves is James Winslow.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3408180)   #965
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albers Fan View Post
Nice Kodewa. very nice!!
f*** off. . . (((
Please don't say you weren't prepared for this...
Too bad it has indeed, as predicted, happened.
Chris deserves better then this! ( understatement of the year )
Old 20 May 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3408191)   #966
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All LMP2 entries can win the race. Except Pegasus with their full 'amateur' line-up.

Millennium Racing is not listed as an WEC entry by the way.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3408194)   #967
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would use another sarcastic gif image here, but since I've been asked to stop using them, I guess I just say it:

Shock horror!!! not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Hopefully that surprise (= if means replacement) is more in the direction of Pagani Zonda than Ferrari 458 or Oreca Nissan
Yeah... wasn't that surprising, truly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
And here comes the full list, all seats filled

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...-millenium-in/
Why does it say final? It's not final until scrutineering starts.
Old 20 May 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3408197)   #968
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully ADR's issues are sorted long-term, would be good to hear from them about the future. Glad to see them back, the team deserve better.

The ones I feel most sorry for in this are Rebellion actually. Over three years they've gone from having two to one to zero competitors for privateer P1 honours.

According to the original announcement about P1L, didn't it require three cars to be a class?
Old 20 May 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3408198)   #969
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
According to the original announcement about P1L, didn't it require three cars to be a class?
Three cars for drivers to score...

But for the rest of the year they'll automatically earn 6 further LMP1-L trophies + teams championship trophy as long as they finish the races with one car. Even Larbre had thougher job with the Saleen in 2010.

That class is utterly pointless as it's own.
Old 20 May 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3408199)   #970
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
With no surprise Lotus have withdrawn from @24hoursoflemans ... So who is the only resistance to Factory teams in @FIAWEC ? @RebellionRacing
Quote:
Happy for @delta_adr (@Millennium_Race), they will be @24hoursoflemans strong team, they deserve it
via @RebellionRacing
Old 20 May 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3408222)   #971
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't see why Millennium won't be up there.

Team, drivers and car aren't new. They have I assume all the data they need. They've already tested this year on a few occasions.

Few interesting entry list changes. Mika Salo returns to the race with SMP in one of their P2s. Frankie Montecalvo replaces team boss Enzo Potolicchio for 8Star. Final guy at Greaves is James Winslow.
This article may explain why Potolicchio is out.

http://www.motorsport.com/#!/f1/news...ing-could-end/
Old 20 May 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3408224)   #972
Deleted
Veteran

Wait, Salo in LMP2?? Well that's an interesting chapter to have in twilight part of one's career, particularly when all you've known for the past decade have been GTs and some one-offs in touring cars etc

SMP could have just thrown him to their AM 458, so I guess Salo also wanted for this to happen

edit - what an enthuastic answer on Autosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Salo
"We didn't have anyone else, so I put my hand up. It's been a while since I've been there in a prototype, but I'm looking forward to it."

Last edited by Deleted; 20 May 2014 at 12:15.
Old 20 May 2014, 12:24 (Ref:3408232)   #973
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
This article may explain why Potolicchio is out.

http://www.motorsport.com/#!/f1/news...ing-could-end/
He owns the team though so that wouldn't just affect his drive - it would uproot the entire organisation potentially. It might be that he is being pulled in different directions (maybe trying to source funding) or simply he's happy to step aside to give a chance to a quicker driver.
Old 20 May 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3408238)   #974
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He owns the team though so that wouldn't just affect his drive - it would uproot the entire organisation potentially. It might be that he is being pulled in different directions (maybe trying to source funding) or simply he's happy to step aside to give a chance to a quicker driver.
Here is the DSC article on the issue: http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=30720
Old 20 May 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3408253)   #975
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Please don't say you weren't prepared for this...
Too bad it has indeed, as predicted, happened.
Chris deserves better then this! ( understatement of the year )
Yes he does.