Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 May 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3408257)   #976
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Noticed further positive sign on the updated entry list - with Kodewa gone the ACO has demolished the separate categorization for Rebellion and rightly put it among the other P1s, as it should! The hybrid row has been replaced with the H and I initials.

I think it gives hope that at Le Mans they don't sepate classifications for the two sub classes. Because LMP1-L Leader: Rebellion Racing TV graphics just looks stupid.

Old 20 May 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3408282)   #977
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Although I seem to be in a minority i am sad the Lotus will not be there, I would have liked to have seen it and wished the team had got things sorted out in time
Old 20 May 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3408286)   #978
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If one day manufacturers will decide to step out from WEC, the lmp1 class as we used to know it in last decade will be dead forever. To avoid this, ACO should create a low cost lmp1 formula for privates, because is insane to think that in 2014 a team could spend the same amount of money that a private lmp1 team was able spend 4-5 years ago. My solution is simple:

lmp2 chassis + road derivated engine = lmp2 cost capped

lmp2 chassis + spec lmp1 parts like rear wing, splitter and diffuser +full racing engine = lmp1-L cost capped to no more than 500.000€
Old 20 May 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3408287)   #979
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And my advice is (still) to allow them to race in ELMS again. The current format is suicidal.
Old 20 May 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3408290)   #980
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Although I seem to be in a minority i am sad the Lotus will not be there, I would have liked to have seen it and wished the team had got things sorted out in time
I'm with you on that one. Disappointing.
Old 20 May 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3408302)   #981
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think we're all with you there; everyone here would liked to have seen it, and I'm sure we'll jump for joy if it ever does show up, but the tone of the thread is unsurprised rather than happy about it.

Delighted for ADR to get a slot though, I'd have been disappointed if it was another AF Corse entry.
Old 20 May 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3408319)   #982
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Here is the DSC article on the issue: http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=30720
Seems Enzo has an issue with his green card and being required to stay in the U.S.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...r-for-le-mans/

Maybe a bit speculative from DSC regarding funding.
Old 20 May 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3408340)   #983
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Seems Enzo has an issue with his green card and being required to stay in the U.S.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...r-for-le-mans/

Maybe a bit speculative from DSC regarding funding.
Not speculative at all, not even a little bit!
Old 20 May 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3408365)   #984
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
And my advice is (still) to allow them to race in ELMS again. The current format is suicidal.
Only allow P1 privateers in ELMS you mean? That's a good idea for that class.

However, I'm not sure how the current P2 teams feel about that.
Old 20 May 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3408370)   #985
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Noticed further positive sign on the updated entry list - with Kodewa gone the ACO has demolished the separate categorization for Rebellion and rightly put it among the other P1s, as it should! The hybrid row has been replaced with the H and I initials.
Good spot.
Old 20 May 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3408371)   #986
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Not speculative at all, not even a little bit!
Fair enough Graham. Apologies. Just seeing two different issues stated. I suppose it's a bit of both.

42 rookies and 10 former winners for this year I make it. Couldn't tell you who will win in any class. Can't wait!
Old 20 May 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3408385)   #987
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Only allow P1 privateers in ELMS you mean? That's a good idea for that class.

However, I'm not sure how the current P2 teams feel about that.
Yes indeed, only privateers. But no pro-am stuff please!

I'm sure the LMP2s would not show smily faces for a while but I doubt the drop in grid numbers would be too substantial. Even in the darkest of years ie 2012 (ironically the first year without P1) there were healthyish numbers for that class. And they were second division for such a long time before... it would be fine

Putting P1 ahead in importance should be the goal anyway. ACO itself keeps repeating the importance of privateer side - well ELMS is better place for them than fiddling behind all the works cars in expensive world championship's meaningless sub class

Positive note: ACO has done a good job in resurrecting ELMS from the grave - so let's continue to improve it... if we can't have merged grids, at least bring along the P1 market again and don't let it rot

Last edited by Deleted; 20 May 2014 at 20:05.
Old 20 May 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3408412)   #988
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Liking this year's entry list... seems solid. Are Michael and Rudolf Munemann one in the same, however?
Old 21 May 2014, 04:06 (Ref:3408476)   #989
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Matt McMurry, American sportscar standout and son to former racer Chris McMurry (You may remember him as regular driver to the distinctively Orange Autocon car), is about to set a new Le Mans record when he takes to the track as the youngest ever driver to compete at the 24 Hours of Le Mans at 16 years of age!!

Very much looking forward to his effort and hoping that Chris Dyson wont hinder his overall result in any way .

Article here:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...g-le-mans-run/
Old 21 May 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3408490)   #990
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The whole entry list is now filled! Let's get ready next month. (I'm gonna watch it on Live TV)
Old 21 May 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3408496)   #991
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
The whole entry list is now filled! Let's get ready next month. (I'm gonna watch it on Live TV)
The alternative is to sell the TV and use the money to get to Le mans and join us at the greatest race in the world
Old 21 May 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3408506)   #992
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The alternative is to sell the TV and use the money to get to Le mans and join us at the greatest race in the world
However no thanks. I wanna watch it on Live TV because of amazing onboard cameras and any other I would mention to you if you wanna.
Old 21 May 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3408512)   #993
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Entry List Thread

Each to his own, but Simon and I and countless others can vouch for the fact that a million camera angles wouldn't compensate for actually being there!
Old 21 May 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3408517)   #994
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Each to his own, but Simon and I and countless others can vouch for the fact that a million camera angles wouldn't compensate for actually being there!
Me included - and I was as passionate about Le Mans Tv watching as one could possible be!
Old 21 May 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3408519)   #995
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you are nervous that actually being there will be a disappointment don't, as just about everyone on this forum will tell you it only takes one visit to be hooked and then you end up going again and again, unlike other race meeting Le mans is different the race itself is only part of it
They say that you can not be a true petrol head unless you have been to Le mans and 90 % of the le mans experience is not watching the race, please try to make it one year and you will not regret it
Old 21 May 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3408524)   #996
Deleted
Veteran

My excuses for not being there are the same as always

1) money
2) can't afford to take time off from work whenever I wish

Also I'm a bit shy in real life especially abroad (+don't know French and my spoken english accent is so awkward that it makes everything nervous). I did visit Paris ten years ago but that was in different circumstances

And I think my passport has expired

So TV is suitable alternative

Last edited by Deleted; 21 May 2014 at 08:23.
Old 21 May 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3408561)   #997
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The language issue is not really a problem at the annual meet every tries to communicate as best they can, English is perhaps the best way because although not in the majority english tends to be the second language of the majority of the others, i speak a little french and german but would struggle to hold even the most basic conversation, i am therefore in awe of those that can in any language foreign to ther native one. When and that is when not if you visit le mans you will find it very friendly and you will be made to feel welcome by all nationalities and there are plenty of those there
Also point out that if you are careful le mans can be done on a budget to suit everyone
Old 21 May 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3408574)   #998
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Also point out that if you are careful le mans can be done on a budget to suit everyone
Maybe but if you're not into camping (/can't bother dragging the gear) the alternatives aren't that cheap

You know the funny thing about planes is that it's much more expensive to fly to a domestic destination in Finland than say London

Last edited by Deleted; 21 May 2014 at 10:29.
Old 21 May 2014, 10:41 (Ref:3408587)   #999
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
However no thanks. I wanna watch it on Live TV because of amazing onboard cameras and any other I would mention to you if you wanna.
Nothing beats beeing trackside whith this kind of racing : http://youtu.be/Y8JCh9WbnXk

And this is what I expect to see this year

And onboard views can still be replayed the week (s) after the race ...
Old 21 May 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3408602)   #1000
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
Nothing beats beeing trackside whith this kind of racing : http://youtu.be/Y8JCh9WbnXk

And this is what I expect to see this year

And onboard views can still be replayed the week (s) after the race ...
This smoking Audi should have been stopped in order to respect the rules...
No I'm joking.