Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3411368)   #1051
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Also means anyone who hasn't yet put in their Le Mans predictions will have a massive advantage in picking the first retirement
They finished third in AM just 2 years ago...

Anyway 15 Ferraris = the size of the entire GT2 field some years ago...
Old 27 May 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3411371)   #1052
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I think he means that they can't choose the Dome, as an untried new car it would have been many people's pick.

Gutted that this is the car to pull out, but delighted to see Tracy Krohn get a well-deserved spot.
Old 27 May 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3411385)   #1053
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
15 ferrari's that sounds almost like a support race within the big race itself.
Old 27 May 2014, 17:10 (Ref:3411392)   #1054
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry 14x 458s.

Anyway with 11 of those being in AM - more than 50% of the class - there's gonna be a whole freaking armada of angry faces if ACO screws up the BoP to be in favour of the the two other models, particularly the Vantage again

At least Krohn makes the USCC presence seem slighlty less hallow.
Old 27 May 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3411394)   #1055
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everyone was looking forward to seeing the Dome in action. I feel sorry for all the people involved with Strakka's team.

I count 14 Ferrari's out of 28 GT entries. There needs to be at least one more manufacturer in the GT ranks...especially in Am. I wonder how Ferrari will feel if they fail to win either class. They won't be amused, that's for sure.
Old 27 May 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3411395)   #1056
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well at least the Ferraris sound good, nice note, and loud too. Gutted for Strakka though. Hopefully no write-offs at test day ....
Old 27 May 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3411397)   #1057
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also, could all that has happened recently make the ACO re-think building all those new garages. Imagine they build them and they then lie empty during the 24.
Old 27 May 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3411398)   #1058
Deleted
Veteran

No.

At least it shouldn't. Such would be shortsighted
Old 27 May 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3411399)   #1059
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ALL MEMBERS WHO HAVE ALREADY POSTED THEIR PREDICTIONS CAN CHANGE THE FIRST RETIREMENT IF THEY WANT.

It's a real disappointment as I see ; we could have a brand new car instead of a 14th Ferrari 458.
Old 27 May 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3411401)   #1060
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
From a fans point of view, i agree, the more cars the better, but from a business perspective, they could be forgiven for delaying building them given that they are now possibly 1 problem at test day away from not filling what they already have ...
Old 27 May 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3411403)   #1061
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Also means anyone who hasn't yet put in their Le Mans predictions will have a massive advantage in picking the first retirement

Do you think of last year's massive crash ?
Old 27 May 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3411414)   #1062
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With so many Ferarri's I now know why ACO invited Alonso.
Old 27 May 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3411417)   #1063
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
With so many Ferarri's I now know why ACO invited Alonso.
Interesting, seems like everyone would like to know that too...
Old 27 May 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3411418)   #1064
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
ALOtoNShOw
Old 27 May 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3411420)   #1065
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I think he means that they can't choose the Dome, as an untried new car it would have been many people's pick.

Gutted that this is the car to pull out, but delighted to see Tracy Krohn get a well-deserved spot.
My thoughts exactly. Me and my brother are both very happy that Krohn are back, though we were looking forward to seeing the new Dome.
Old 27 May 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3411425)   #1066
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm hugely disappointed. Period.
Old 27 May 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3411439)   #1067
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I'd expect Vaxiviere to pull out before Le Mans time, and that's about it for this year.

Really disappointed for Strakka, but almost saw this happening. We need a wider variety of GT manufacturers... I'd like to see a BMW Z4 GTE if I'm honest!
Old 27 May 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3411448)   #1068
Deleted
Veteran

I'm more gutted for Dome. Nobody picks their P1 design, then the only one who goes for P2 withdraws from the only event that really matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
We need a wider variety of GT manufacturers... I'd like to see a BMW Z4 GTE if I'm honest!
And I'd like to see a Le Mans GT classes that were not GTE or GT3 if I'm honest!

But since wishes don't come true like that I'd settle for GT3 because of:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=4504
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=4592
Old 27 May 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3411452)   #1069
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm more gutted for Dome. Nobody picks their P1 design, then the only one who goes for P2 withdraws from the only event that really matters.
I think it reflects rather badly on their ability to produce a LMP car that teams can rely on, which also provides a wide-ranging explanation for why nobody tends to pick their cars. Particularly if the crash turns out to have been due to a failure on the car.
Old 27 May 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3411455)   #1070
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I think it reflects rather badly on their ability to produce a LMP car that teams can rely on, which also provides a wide-ranging explanation for why nobody tends to pick their cars. Particularly if the crash turns out to have been due to a failure on the car.
For P1, this would be a better point if LMP1 privateer market wasn't so dead in the first place and if HPD & Perrinn (& maybe Oak) wouldn't also have miserably failed to get any customers by their side. As for P2 it's kinda the opposite, there are so many other options available I don't think it's surprise small Japanese manufacturer doesn't immediately have high demand. It's not like any P2 coupe after Lola's demise - other than the new Onroak - has had any better luck

Anyway we are of course all trusting on Strakka's word on this one as long as there is no other proof and therefore might not know the... you know, actual reasonings...

Last edited by Deleted; 27 May 2014 at 19:33.
Old 27 May 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3411461)   #1071
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm hugely disappointed. Period.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 27 May 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3411485)   #1072
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would have been Jonny Kane's ninth Le Mans in a row this year. Shame to see streaks like that come to an end.
Old 27 May 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3411488)   #1073
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I was one who hoped that Rebellion were going to use the Dome lmp1 chassis. I guess Strakka or Dome have no spares. I would say money is the factor in this. Dome has or had no problem making cars/chassis's for Super GT. But that was for Honda. Maybe strakka just dont have the time to get a spare from Japan, or they never had one?
Old 27 May 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3411496)   #1074
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
So only one single chassis for a brand new P2 program that should do all the test work AND has to make it to the big race as well? That almost sounds like naive to me - and on a real tight budget as well. Has the Strakka-Dome partnership underestimated the challenge they committed themselves to?
Old 27 May 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3411501)   #1075
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
So only one single chassis for a brand new P2 program that should do all the test work AND has to make it to the big race as well? That almost sounds like naive to me - and on a real tight budget as well. Has the Strakka-Dome partnership underestimated the challenge they committed themselves to?
I don't think so. As you say, just a very tight budget.
Dome isn't a cheap manufacture, but what you get is VERY good, so Strakka took a chance and only ordered 1 very good chassis, in hope that would be enough.

However seen how we have had several test-write-offs in the past years, and how even big manufactures get hurt severely by this. It was a big risk to take from Strakka. Not racing at Le Mans, will be expensive, Sponsorship wise.