Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 May 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2192640)   #1
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Top Manufacturer Challenge (Ferrari v Porsche)

Like u might have noticed there is a constant battle going on the forums between the 2 rival fan groups. I propose we build a points system witch will at the end of the year settle the battle, the system should be developed together and signed by bouth parties. It would also be ql to adopt if for all makes and cars, so other discusion could be resolved also.

IMHO the chalinge should have 3 separate challinges, Fastest car, most durable car, and most glorius car, each let say earning 100 points where the car with most points added all together wins The BEST overall car aword

let me explain, In the fastest car chalinge points should be delivred for, wining short races, and wining qualifing on short races, like Fia gt and alms

While Endurance challinge should conist of, winig endurance races only, no best lap no quali, just plain and simple, 24 lemas, 24h spa, and 12h sebring. all three races should get the sam point, becouse, le mans is to check engine durabliti, while sebring shackes everything else to peaces, and spa is something i between,

and the glory chalinge shoud consist wining famous races, and manufacturer championships, Lemans, Spa, Sebring, Fia GT manufacturer champ, LMES manufacturer Champ, and ALMS manufacturer champ. points should be in my opinon devide in a skeem, most goes for wining 24 leman > sebring = spa = ALMS = FiaGT > LMES

Everyone should contribute, or ofcorse if there is no interest should not contribue,

In my opinion only races where works drivers and best teams should be alowed in the chaling, becouse for everything else there would be too many variables
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 May 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2192662)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You set it up , and i in .
Old 2 May 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2192666)   #3
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll join, if we spell "chalinge" properly.

"Top Manufacurer Challenge" perhaps?
Old 2 May 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2192684)   #4
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
mni dotn eb sily spelin is fra to imporant

Roughly translated to

Mini dont be silly spelling is far to important

Anyway im up for this would settle many an argument:P
Old 2 May 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2192686)   #5
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux
mni dotn eb sily spelin is fra to imporant

Roughly translated to

Mini dont be silly spelling is far to important

ahem

far TOO important
Old 2 May 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2192705)   #6
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I' have a rough outline by tomorow, but i thought of this as a kind of group efort, i am going to have a lot of input from you guys if we are all to agree on it.

sorry for the spelling i tried my best, but the dam keybord keeps eating letters

Da pricam ja srpski da me svi razumete-Old Serbian joke it says "Talk Sebrian so that the whole world can understand you"

SO Again PLZ post all of your ideas, thoughts and like.

Last edited by arakis; 2 May 2008 at 17:22.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 May 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2192713)   #7
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
arakis, i was kidding, it's ok

well how about 10 points for a big race win (sebring, le mans, nurburg/spa 24) and 5 for a small race win (fia gt, alms, lms)?
Old 2 May 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2192714)   #8
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
first rough outline for the Glory part of the championship:

-points are based on how famous the race or championships are around the world.

point of this is to see wich car will be the most famous,wich is important becouse its the whole point of racing.

100 points total

Races involed points wining brings

24h LeMans 32
12h Sebring 13
24h Spa 13
10h Petit LeMans 8
FIA GT Championship 13
American LeMans Champ 13
LeMans Series 8
total

In my opinion for glory there is only the victory that counts so no points should be alocated for 2nd place, or lap record or anything similar.

again this is a draft so all imput is very much wanted, if you dont like the way i organised points, give some other set up or idea
Old 2 May 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2192717)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux

The arguement was settled months ago , with a poll which my partner in crime set up ......

The vast majority of people voted for Porsche over Ferrari ..... but Mr . Mugabe himself (Brielga) ..... has ignored the result .

Hey brielga ..... there's a job going down in Zimbabwe , if your interested mate !!!
Old 2 May 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2192719)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
again this is a draft so all imput is very much wanted, if you dont like the way i organised points, give some other set up or idea
What about maybe , fastest race lap ?
Old 2 May 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2192723)   #11
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
arakis, i was kidding, it's ok

well how about 10 points for a big race win (sebring, le mans, nurburg/spa 24) and 5 for a small race win (fia gt, alms, lms)?
thats exacly the idea, i though too separate big endurance races toatly like le mans were they will be in a category for them selves, the Endurance, and add to the overall best car aword, trough glory points, and thus get many points more then alms or fia gt races, I belive that all of us here agree that Le Mans is the mother of all races and should get acordingly the most points.
Old 2 May 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2192731)   #12
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
yes but in my opinion it should only count on sprint races, and in the fastest car category,

becouse of the simplest reason not always is the fastest car the best one, and on long races, there are 3 drivers who drive at different stages of the race, and on diferent tire degradations. its just too complicated to keep track of, and in the end for long races it doesent mater who had an advantige dring one lap its the victory that counts.
Old 2 May 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2192745)   #13
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
first rough outline for Endurance category

points are based on how tough the races are to finish.

Race involved points for wining

24h LeMans 20
12h Sebring 20
24h Spa 20
10h Petit Lemans 10
any LMS race 6 witch is 5 races * 6pts = 30
total 100

Reasoning behind: LeMans is the toughest race on the engine, while sebring doesent last as long it is so bumpy that it destroys anything else except the engine, Spa is rough on bouth the chassis and the engine. whlie Petits isnt togh enoguh for its 10h, same for LMS.
Old 2 May 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2192747)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could there be points for winning individual races in Alms, Fia?
Old 2 May 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2192752)   #15
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
try best lap in training, then Dario will celebrate and Porsche win by far. Rainy trainings multiply points by a factor of 100....
Old 2 May 2008, 18:11 (Ref:2192754)   #16
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
first rough outline the Fastest car category
-simply points are alocated for wining no nonsence sprint races, qualifications for the same and best laps

race victory ~ 2*qualy = 4* best lap
since there are 20 sprint races in Fia GT and ALMS,
5 points per race 3 for the victory 1.3 for qual and .7 for best lap

reasoning, a victory shold bring more ponts then bouth best lap and qualy put together, and the qualification is a better show of speed becouse all cars are on the same conditions and thus can be more corectly compared

20 races for 3 points = 60
20 quali for 1.3 points = 26
20 best laps for .7 pointss = 14
=100
Old 2 May 2008, 18:16 (Ref:2192763)   #17
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
so what do you think so far, this is the general concept, all exact point alocatins shold be discused and then voted upon and so forth, oh and please dont look at me as an administator or something like that, this is just an idea for the forum you should all develop and run this thread.

i'll edit a first page post to post all outlines on one page

i tried but dont seem to know how , if someone can pm me with instructions how to edit my topic starting post, and keep updating it with the concept as it developes,

Last edited by arakis; 2 May 2008 at 18:23.
Old 2 May 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2192809)   #18
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
all a bit complicated now!

it should be about winning.

not fastest, winning.
Old 2 May 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2192818)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I quite like this: Scoring

Old 3 May 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2193149)   #20
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
thats just the point, in the old days there was the word championship, but now there a diferent series with diferent point sistems there is no way to unit them, II see myne is too complicated, but it was the fairest idea i had, ofcoure another would be to reinstitute the world champpionshiop points and use the old system now, but i forgot how they i worked, does anyone remember
Old 3 May 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2193308)   #21
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
How about we choose ten events (mixed LMS, FIA GT, ALMS calender) and give 10 points for a win, and Le Mans claiming 20 and Spa and Sebring 15 each?

that's 150.

I reckon:

ALMS:
Sebring 15
Long Beach 10
Mosport 10
Petit Le Mans 10
Road America 10

LMS:
Monza 10
Spa 10
Silverstone 10

FIA GT:
Silverstone 10
Spa 24 15
Bucharest 10
San Luis 10

Le Mans 20

A total 150 points.
No points for fastest lap, pole or finishing second.
WINNING IS EVERYTHING.

Cool?
Old 3 May 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2193323)   #22
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about all ALMS, FIA-GT, LMS & Le Mans count! All races greater than 2 hours up to 6 hours are worth 10 points for first and then 8, 6, 5, 4. 3, 2, 1 for the other places and only the highest place car for each mark score points. Races 2 hours or less are worth half points and races longer are worth double points with Spa and Le Mans worth triple points. Not too complicated but rewarding the longer races what their worth.

DK
Old 3 May 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2193364)   #23
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
How about all ALMS, FIA-GT, LMS & Le Mans count! All races greater than 2 hours up to 6 hours are worth 10 points for first and then 8, 6, 5, 4. 3, 2, 1 for the other places and only the highest place car for each mark score points. Races 2 hours or less are worth half points and races longer are worth double points with Spa and Le Mans worth triple points. Not too complicated but rewarding the longer races what their worth.

DK
me likes, my ida was too complicated, this is simple, same like minimanglers but all races are in, with maybe this change triple for sebring and spa, and quadruple for le mans, Lemans is lemans. so I second this notion if everyone agrees with the points for longer races.

SO DXK1 proposal seconded
Old 3 May 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2193367)   #24
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
me likes, my ida was too complicated, this is simple, same like minimanglers but all races are in, with maybe this change triple for sebring and spa, and quadruple for le mans, Lemans is lemans. so I second this notion if everyone agrees with the points for longer races.

SO DXK1 proposal seconded
Arakis,

Your modifications to my scoring plan are acceptable. I have no objections.

DK
Old 3 May 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2193374)   #25
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The modified plan sounds good, indeed Le Mans is Le Mans so it deserves quadruple points, Sebring and Spa triple points, that leaves only Petit Le Mans with double points if I'm not mistaken?

I like this ranking go porsche!!