Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 19 Apr 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2866450)   #51
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
We didn't have proper double-file restarts (neither a start), but there was lots of action, both clean and dirty. Who says that street races are boring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not sure how they could get all of them bunched up out of the hairpin before the S/F line.
What I meant to say is that we didn't need double-file restarts to haved an entertaining race at Long Beach.

If the leaders crawled at 60 mph waiting for the backenders to form in two files and there was 20m between rows, starts and restarts would work fine. But this worked too.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2866487)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Conway was awesome. I can't believe how fast he was after passing briscoe and dario. Wow.
the race was okay standing starts is a no brainer for this level on anything but an oval.
not bad race though. Great finish
They don't have standing starts on ovals. However it might be an idea to have standing starts on road/street courses and rolling starts on ovals, that would add some variety.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 02:44 (Ref:2866754)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Standing starts should be initiated into every form of racing and mandated at traffic lights all over the world; you snooze, you lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
What I meant to say is that we didn't need double-file restarts to haved an entertaining race at Long Beach.
Indeed...LB is always most enjoyable and I agree; single-file restarts generate plenty of excitement and entertainment there.

I've seen better, but would rather not ruin an INDYCAR discussion reminiscing about the yesteryears of LB and OW racing.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2866819)   #54
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sincerely I prefer rolling starts...it's one of thing that are typical of american races, and I don't want to lose it (even if only for road/street races)...and also I think that standing starts are more dangerous...
Old 20 Apr 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2866936)   #55
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turning more into CCWS by the day it seems. No, standing starts have no place in American racing. 'cept AMA.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 16:43 (Ref:2867060)   #56
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
And Road to Indy's own Star Mazda!
Old 20 Apr 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2867110)   #57
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, the Andretti team really showed that it is a force to be reckoned with this season. Congratulations to Mike Conway for the win. That was awesome (as Helio would say). Another Top 10 finish for Danica makes it two for Andretti.
The sad thing is that all 4 of them could have had Top 10 finishes today. RHR was let go by his car and Marco was on a good run as well but then bang! Out he was. Until that point, Marco looked like being effectively their team leader this season. I hope he can make a comeback at the next race.

James Hinchcliffe's performance was also very good. I'm hoping he can do as well on the ovals, too.

As far as standing starts are concerned I say no, thank you, that is not IndyCar. I didn't mind the double file starts/restarts at Long Beach being somewhat sloppy with the sanctioning of the race director because the first turn at Long Beach is so tight. But the race director should not allow that on an oval.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2867147)   #58
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marco shows to be a bit of a applied rich kid brat driving for daddy. He composes himself alright on air but drives like a knuckle head- and HCN has been driving doofus like for a while now.
The target guys I think are the class of the field. exceptions given to Power who is excellent and briscoe who has bad luck
Old 20 Apr 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2867162)   #59
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
TV broadcast had a 0.28 rating... ouch.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2867232)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Marco shows to be a bit of a applied rich kid brat driving for daddy. He composes himself alright on air but drives like a knuckle head-
It's in his blood.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2867244)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It's in his blood.
That's one way of putting it.
Old 24 Apr 2011, 05:22 (Ref:2868812)   #62
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
only just got round to seeing this race. Great drive by Mike Conway , more to come by the lloks of that performance