Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 May 2024, 09:30 (Ref:4207812)   #226
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like seeing the more candid moments inside the teams and Buemi does wear his emotions on his sleeves. But the fact that he can be so open about them makes me think people in the team are comfortable around him and they know is just emotions and it does not bother them including his fellow drivers
Old 8 May 2024, 11:01 (Ref:4207820)   #227
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think to be honest they just avoid and put up with him, you can see Wurz squirming at times!!

It is part of being a team you have to put up with the ups and downs, have to admit if I was me I would probably have a pop at him about it as he is a bit close to the knuckle at times, but on track he is often peerless, it is a weird dichotomy to be so on edge in appearance but so cool behind the wheel.
Old 8 May 2024, 14:50 (Ref:4207848)   #228
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I think to be honest they just avoid and put up with him, you can see Wurz squirming at times!!

It is part of being a team you have to put up with the ups and downs, have to admit if I was me I would probably have a pop at him about it as he is a bit close to the knuckle at times, but on track he is often peerless, it is a weird dichotomy to be so on edge in appearance but so cool behind the wheel.
His radio clips from Formula E seem to suggest he's usually pretty hot on track as well
Old 8 May 2024, 17:53 (Ref:4207855)   #229
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I think he is in chat, but he at last in WEC seems to be able to not let this hotheadedness translate into his driving, he is not a wally, does not drive into people and understand very well how to drive an endurance race, OK he has been doing it for years. I think some of it stems form the f1 driver petulance of *****ing about anything anyone does instantly.

But as someone who finds it hard not to translate a shouty mess into driving well I would love to know how he does this! If I get annoyed, it either makes me mad and I drive better, or I start making mistakes!! He seems to be able to dump all this stuff verbally and it never affects his driving!
Old 10 May 2024, 13:18 (Ref:4207991)   #230
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi all - apologies, tech luddite question - I'm streaming WEC from Discovery plus in the UK to my 4k TV via Chromecast. I stream nearly everything else on the TV and the quality is great but from Discovery plus, it's not, only so-so.

I can't seem to find any settings to adjust quality within the App. Anyone else encountered (and solved!) this.

Thanks in advance, James
Old 10 May 2024, 15:17 (Ref:4208022)   #231
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I think he is in chat, but he at last in WEC seems to be able to not let this hotheadedness translate into his driving, he is not a wally, does not drive into people and understand very well how to drive an endurance race, OK he has been doing it for years. I think some of it stems form the f1 driver petulance of *****ing about anything anyone does instantly.

But as someone who finds it hard not to translate a shouty mess into driving well I would love to know how he does this! If I get annoyed, it either makes me mad and I drive better, or I start making mistakes!! He seems to be able to dump all this stuff verbally and it never affects his driving!
My interpretation of this is that as with all professional drivers, they have to have a kind of never satisfied mentality to keep pushing to be at the front which manifests itself in different ways with different people. That's probably what we see with Buemi.
Old 10 May 2024, 16:12 (Ref:4208029)   #232
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
Hi all - apologies, tech luddite question - I'm streaming WEC from Discovery plus in the UK to my 4k TV via Chromecast. I stream nearly everything else on the TV and the quality is great but from Discovery plus, it's not, only so-so.

I can't seem to find any settings to adjust quality within the App. Anyone else encountered (and solved!) this.

Thanks in advance, James
When there is no setting then there is no setting. You're probably getting the maximum quality. Discovery+ is 1080p50 @ 5 Mbps which shouldn't be that bad, far better than Youtube 1080p live stream for example.
Old 10 May 2024, 18:20 (Ref:4208039)   #233
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post

Thanks in advance, James
I've tried using Discovery+ via various methods on my TV and would advise using a laptop or PC and connecting them to your TV as the best method.

If you can't connect a laptop/PC, see if you can download the Discovery+ app directly onto your TV and it's possible the quality might be better this way.
Old 10 May 2024, 21:26 (Ref:4208066)   #234
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Backing up what droopy says, I’m Eurosport and from a PC (a tiny box one) and it is super shiny. I am very happy with it.
Old 11 May 2024, 01:40 (Ref:4208078)   #235
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My small experience with Max app in the us has been solid. Watched on phone today, but casted for Imola and it was solid
Old 11 May 2024, 06:02 (Ref:4208086)   #236
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
I've tried using Discovery+ via various methods on my TV and would advise using a laptop or PC and connecting them to your TV as the best method.

If you can't connect a laptop/PC, see if you can download the Discovery+ app directly onto your TV and it's possible the quality might be better this way.
Thanks Crooky- both helped, especially running directly from the TV which has made the picture perfect.
Old 11 May 2024, 15:01 (Ref:4208302)   #237
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last 1.5 hours on Motortrend TV in one hour
Old 12 May 2024, 02:56 (Ref:4208588)   #238
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the FIA WEC web site subscription package include getting to watch the races commentary free (ambience mode)? If so how do you do that. Is there an option in the menu as the race is running?
Old 12 May 2024, 08:27 (Ref:4208613)   #239
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I do not think there is that option no, but I hear you!!
Old 12 May 2024, 10:09 (Ref:4208620)   #240
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
Does the FIA WEC web site subscription package include getting to watch the races commentary free (ambience mode)? If so how do you do that. Is there an option in the menu as the race is running?
It does.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 11.09.30.png  
Old 12 May 2024, 12:51 (Ref:4208633)   #241
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
After criticizing them a fair bit I will add praise here, far less pointless pit shots, far more on track action, they still seem to prioritise other things over action, often missing live passes, but overall a far better tv production than previously.