Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 14 Apr 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1890959)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A1GP China Thread

Incredible pole for Kerr there, last second storming lap.

Reid looking a lot more consistant though and will be the real one to beat tomorrow.

Summerton also really competitive - Hulkenburg's falling into the ordinary category now.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1890968)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was a great lap, you could see as he rounded the last corner he'd take pole by a mile! Great job, Jarvis has given him a kick up the backside and the team are flying. Hopefully, results will fly in.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 16:23 (Ref:1891170)   #3
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
They praised Turvey's feedback from the rookie session so hopefully they've found something in the car ... it would be a disaster to lose the sprint race now.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1891338)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im annoyed I missed the predictions competition this week.
This round really snuck up on me

Oh well hopefully its a great race (s)
Old 14 Apr 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1891345)   #5
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Summerton also really competitive - Hulkenburg's falling into the ordinary category now.
Why is he? I didn't think he raced at Mexico did he, where the team weren't too competitive. He dominated before, even ahead of Reid so maybe something could be up?
Old 15 Apr 2007, 06:18 (Ref:1891553)   #6
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the way to do it !!
Well done Team GBR on another win
Old 15 Apr 2007, 08:34 (Ref:1891602)   #7
blew by u
Rookie

blew by u should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done team nz go jonny boy good on yah

congratulations to the team and germany on the championship

its still on at brands for second though should be interesting to see who drives for nz and gbr i think mat halliday is in the car or was until this win who knows we will see

Old 15 Apr 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1891707)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done Robbie for the win, emphatic really.

Back to normal in race 2. *sigh*

Some great racing all round really and congrats to the Germans!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 11:07 (Ref:1891719)   #9
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the rolling roadblock *ahem* Team Pakistan car helped him though.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1891921)   #10
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Absolutely no coverage over here whatsoever; SPEEDTV will get to it eventually, I'm sure, one of these weekday afteroons. Great result for Canada in the Feature race, but how did you see the McIntosh-Vernay incident in the Sprint race? They're both pointing fingers at each other...
Old 15 Apr 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1891981)   #11
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Jonny. Here's hoping Colin keeps you in the seat for the last race.

Congrats to the Germans
Old 15 Apr 2007, 15:14 (Ref:1891993)   #12
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done Germany. but Team GB has hit form right when we roll to Brands. hopefully there'll be a home win for us
Old 15 Apr 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1892146)   #13
nev
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
but how did you see the McIntosh-Vernay incident in the Sprint race? They're both pointing fingers at each other...

Vernay was close behind and left it to late to pull along side and his wing hit McIntosh's back tyre then he ran over it. There was no brake testing going on from McIntosh just a badly judged manouvre from France.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1892155)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Hulkenburg's falling into the ordinary category now.
I can see why you say that, but I don't think it's true.

My theory is that if one of these cars takes a big hit it's not the work of a moment to get it back as good as it was. Vietoris was very quick for Germany in Mexico, but then the car got wiped out in the pile-up with Brazil at the start of the Sprint race.

Canada have not been the same since the barrel roll at Taupo, was it?

On the other hand, Ireland have struggled all season but went well today when they were given the spare car to to race.

Just a thought.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 20:12 (Ref:1892395)   #15
nev
Racer

surely its more of a case that if a driver doesn't feel the car is right he can't trust it to take to the edge !!
Hes a godd driver but i dont think he can handle an upset car a bit like reid in Mexico.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1892489)   #16
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Strider could well be right - USA rebuilt their car completely recently (3 or 4 races ago) and have been far closer to the pace since.

I suspect GBR have found something as well - fast at the end of the race which has been unusual for them.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1892496)   #17
blew by u
Rookie

blew by u should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nev
surely its more of a case that if a driver doesn't feel the car is right he can't trust it to take to the edge !!
Hes a godd driver but i dont think he can handle an upset car a bit like reid in Mexico.
Reid had a engine problem in mexico hense why he changed engine after zytec confirmed it.

Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1892888)   #18
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nev
Vernay was close behind and left it to late to pull along side and his wing hit McIntosh's back tyre then he ran over it. There was no brake testing going on from McIntosh just a badly judged manouvre from France.
Certainly would've been my guess Nev, given the respective points of contact (I have to tape Speed's tape-delayed broadcast on Wednesday).

Thanks for that.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1892892)   #19
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent weekends racing, particularly GBR & NZL. Great consistency from both drivers & teams.

Shame about the road block in the feature race, but I am not sure that it necessarily altered the podium positions. However, it would have been a lot more interesting to see Jonny pass Robbie without the aid of Pakistan.

Bring on Brands. Let's just hope that team GBR don't put a 'novelty' driver in the car for the final race of the season, particularly as 2nd place is still up for grabs. Kerr has a real feel for the track at Brands. I was there last year when Kerr was leading before GBR's battery problem. The crown were fantastic. I'll be there again this year hopefully to cheer home a thrid successive race weekend victory - who knows - maybe even a double!
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:34 (Ref:1892909)   #20
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
My theory is that if one of these cars takes a big hit it's not the work of a moment to get it back as good as it was. Vietoris was very quick for Germany in Mexico, but then the car got wiped out in the pile-up with Brazil at the start of the Sprint race.

Canada have not been the same since the barrel roll at Taupo, was it?

On the other hand, Ireland have struggled all season but went well today when they were given the spare car to to race.

Just a thought.
Have to agree Strider, it's not like each team has a spare car they can put into service, they need to run with the one they've got no matter how big the shunt. Not to detract from Sean McIntosh's performance, it's great to see him racing again even if only A1GP, but Canada must have put Humpty back together again this weekend as they were back on their former pace right out of the blocks - Friday's practice with Kevin Lacroix.