Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 May 2002, 11:00 (Ref:283154)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't SHOUT! (You might wake someone......!)

OK. I know I've not been around as much as usual for the past week or so, but where is everyone?

As far as I could see we've only had a handful of posts over the last couple of days. Is everyone still hung-over after their early fix of Le Mans last week-end?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 May 2002 at 11:00.
Old 12 May 2002, 11:13 (Ref:283158)   #2
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm still here Ayse,
Just been putting in a few dry runs for the alcoholic onslaught that is nearly upon us.
Can't go there without proper conditioning. Wouldn't make it through Thursday let alone Sunday.
Cheers
Rusty
Old 12 May 2002, 11:35 (Ref:283169)   #3
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys,
I'm still here,checking in every day but its true,I do tend to go a bit quiet after PQ.
Excitement will soon start building again though at June approaches.
I'm sure the boards will start getting busy again within the next week or so
PM
Old 12 May 2002, 14:21 (Ref:283387)   #4
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone seen Fab?

FG
Old 12 May 2002, 15:18 (Ref:283535)   #5
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im here as well... If anyone's interested that is!!
Old 12 May 2002, 18:34 (Ref:283940)   #6
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im not much of a poster, but i read the new posts every day
Old 13 May 2002, 02:40 (Ref:284496)   #7
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Folks,

I have been even busier than usual at work. I hope to resume posting as usual as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Old 13 May 2002, 07:15 (Ref:284623)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Anyone seen Fab? FG
Yes Francis, I saw - with some difficulty - myself in the mirror this morning...

Well, stop kidding : I have to apologize that I missed AGAIN my rendez-vous at PQ at Sebring Bar : I was at Arnage at this time with a newbie, and we had to go to Orleans to vote for the crook, so we've missed the three last hours of the PQ (sob !)...

Then we were off (still with the newbie) to Swizerland for a trip in the Porsche 962 cab, to find the road taken by Bond in Goldfinger (it was a "Dome" for us )...

And I'm back 'till... 8PM yesterday !

Francis, I've lost your adress... could you give it to me ? We must definitely meet at your next holidays in Le Grand Lucé ! (BTW : not too much water through the roof ?)
Old 13 May 2002, 07:51 (Ref:284648)   #9
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Yes Francis, I saw - with some difficulty - myself in the mirror this morning...
Hmm, mirrors. Don't trust them.

I've sent you an email!

FG
Old 13 May 2002, 08:04 (Ref:284661)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
I've sent you an email!
Yes indeed ! Sorry ... desesperatly not awake this morning... the jet lag with... Switzerland ?

Happy of your PQ week-end ? How was the meeting at Sebring ?

Last edited by Fab; 13 May 2002 at 08:05.
Old 13 May 2002, 12:38 (Ref:284981)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent - glad to see that you're all still around, whether just being roused from the post PQ suspended animation, or just moving from one practice alcoholic stupour to the next......
Old 13 May 2002, 13:02 (Ref:285024)   #12
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
after the excitement of seeing the morgan in the flesh i had to have a lie down for a week
Old 14 May 2002, 00:52 (Ref:285809)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have written up a nice piece on the Spyker, which is my Car of Choice at Le Mans. It's way cooler than the Deborah. (Only kidding, Debbie...) One of those things competed in the Peking-Paris Rally in 1907! What do you think that must have been like?

The people on the website where I posted the article said that the Spyker looks like "A Mad Max Car." That is better than what they call it at dailysportscar.com which is "a dustbin."
Old 14 May 2002, 08:35 (Ref:285942)   #14
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
The people on the website where I posted the article said that the Spyker looks like "A Mad Max Car." That is better than what they call it at dailysportscar.com which is "a dustbin."
Behind the pits at Le Mans PQ there were three Spyker road cars. A group of us stood around watching a mechanic try to start one for a couple of minutes, it looked as though the engine had been flooded, vapour was gently wafting out of the exhaust as the guy spun the engine for 30 seconds at a time. It fired eventually.

The road cars DO look like Mad Max cars, they have odd bits of Chrome stuck on at odd places, bits of the engine visible behind the driver's head, more mechanical bits visible from behind etc etc. Pretty they ain't, but at least is saves us from more 911s.

FG
Old 14 May 2002, 09:28 (Ref:286001)   #15
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it sounded good as well
Old 14 May 2002, 10:07 (Ref:286044)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am still, just really busy with uni final exams and stuff like that, PQ sounded really good can not wiat to be out there in 32 days.....
Old 14 May 2002, 10:29 (Ref:286064)   #17
FG1
Veteran

The road going Spyker.

More on http://www.spykercars.nl/home.htm
Attached Thumbnails
laviolette_front_kl.jpg  
Old 16 May 2002, 11:10 (Ref:287940)   #18
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Hi Aysedasi and all the rest of you. Just back from 2 weeks in Cyprus with my lovely wife. So managed to miss all the Le Mans PQ stuff, did manage to find a bar to watch the F1 though. Judging by the lack of interest on this and other forums I guess no-one else was watching!

PQ times were interesting though, maybe those pesky Audis may have a bit of a fight this year.