Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 5 Feb 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2389288)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oscar Park

Oscar Park is a purpose designed International motor racing venue. Constructed to the highest standards consisting of an FIA F1 licenced 3.476 mile (5.562km) (Red) circuit.

Oscar Park can be safely split into to 2 lesser circuits capable of handling National and some International class events.
The North East (Light Blue) circuit operates from it's own independant pit complex, while the South West (Yellow) circuit operates from the main pit Complex.

Details:
Oscar GP:
3.476 miles (5.562km) Anti-clockwise.
20 Turns: 12 Left - 8 Right.
Pit Straight: 809m

Oscar North East:
1.659 miles (2.654km) Anti-clockwise.
10 Turns: 6 Left - 4 Right.
Pit Straight: 494m

Oscar South West:
1.526 miles (2.441km) Anti-Clockwise
10 Turns: 7 Left - 3 Right
Pit Straight: 714m

Images: 1. Overview; 2. GP Circuit; 3. Short Circuits; 4. View GP T9 and Final Corners.
Attached Thumbnails
Oscar.jpg   Oscar GP.jpg   Oscar split.jpg  

Oscar outside final corner.jpg  
Old 5 Feb 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2389296)   #2
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, not really fond of it. The track is mainly made up of quite boring corners. Corners 1-2, 9 and 12-13 are an exeption.
Old 5 Feb 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2389300)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excuse the Double Post but some additional images.

1. T3 of the GP and SW Circuits; 2. T4-5-6 of the GP and SW Circuits; 3. T9-10 of the SW Circuit; 4. T10-11 of GP / T9-10 of NE Circuit; 5. T13-14-15 of GP / T3-4-5 of NE Circuit. 6. T8 of NE Circuit.

Note:
Not all Grandstands are Permanent...Circuit shown in GrandPrix Configuration.

As always, Comments, criticism and possible edits are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Oscar Turn 3.jpg   Oscar T456.jpg   Oscar T9_10.jpg  

Oscar N Last.jpg   Oscar Stadium.jpg   Oscar join.jpg  

Old 5 Feb 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2389305)   #4
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The graphics are nice as always.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2389489)   #5
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would switch the direction and get rid of the T14-15 chicane (it seems unnecessary). Those are minor complaints though. Other than that, it's not bad at all. As werner said, the graphics are excellent.

Last edited by Stig; 6 Feb 2009 at 02:21.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2389759)   #6
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
love it.
my kind of track, very spaniard.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2389825)   #7
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see a touring car race on Oscar North East (the blue one), but run in clockwise direction. That should be fun.

GP circuit:
That Turn 1-2 Esse looks like it would be difficult to go through two-wide after the start. Overambitious rookies won't pull back, though.
The highspeed run from Turn 5 to Turn 10 is quite nice.
The northeastern loop is quite nice, too, but much better clockwise. Maybe you can mirror it around to make it anticlockwise?
Old 6 Feb 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2389851)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
The more I look at the design, I agree that there is some merit in running the North East part in the other direction, but at the same time I think that it would loose the feels that I was aiming for...which of course I haven't made any attempt to describe, so your comments are valid.

The parts about the NE circuit I like include the stadium section which would have to be seriously reworked to go the other way, also the Tight Left open right "chicane" prior to where the GP circuit departs would also need to go the other way.

There would also need to be the small matter of rejoining the GP circuit which given different directions means a bridge/tunnel.
Old 7 Feb 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2390362)   #9
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldn't care less because I like it the way it is.