Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Oct 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3312182)   #126
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
V8Supercar is doing it on its website too...

Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Oct 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3312191)   #127
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is seriously pathetic, graphically rewriting history, what has this country come too!
Old 3 Oct 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3312304)   #128
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
This is seriously pathetic, graphically rewriting history, what has this country come too!
Welcome to Nanny central. Wait till they ban alcohol advertising as well.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3312327)   #129
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I do hope there will be a booming trade in underground pics. Cram facebook with them or wherever.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3312558)   #130
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be interesting to see how they cover the Muscle Car Masters on 7mate.....all the cars there ran with their traditional ciggie packet warpaint with no problems.
As we have discussed before, this rewriting of history is not the law, it is an over-reaction by someone who is either part of the anti-tobacco lobby or unjustly scared of them.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3312573)   #131
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Will be interesting to see how they cover the Muscle Car Masters on 7mate.....all the cars there ran with their traditional ciggie packet warpaint with no problems.
As we have discussed before, this rewriting of history is not the law, it is an over-reaction by someone who is either part of the anti-tobacco lobby or unjustly scared of them.
Given the recent judgement where a TV news broadcast was fined for showing branded cigarette packs in a story about cigarette packs, it's no wonder that they would rather not take the risk.

I think it's wrong and absurd that it's got to this point, but I understand why organisations don't want to take the risk.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 03:11 (Ref:3312598)   #132
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having just watched Rush, there are more than plenty of Marlboro logos and a few John Player Special brandings through the whole film...

No thought police at my local cinema deciding I wasnt allowed to see them
Old 4 Oct 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3312613)   #133
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Having just watched Rush, there are more than plenty of Marlboro logos and a few John Player Special brandings through the whole film...

Did you feel like buying a packet of Marlboro on the way home though ?
Old 4 Oct 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3312615)   #134
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Did you feel like buying a packet of Marlboro on the way home though ?
No..

Funny that
Old 4 Oct 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3312616)   #135
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Blot it out, blot it all out, cigs, alcohol, maccas, KFC.........should have been done fifty years ago, some of you morons don't know whats good for you.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3312622)   #136
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So it wasn't a cold bright day in April after all.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3312624)   #137
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Blot it out, blot it all out, cigs, alcohol, maccas, KFC.........should have been done fifty years ago, some of you morons don't know whats good for you.
Some would say promoting speeding by motor racing, is another of the big killers, so you have to be really careful how far you take taking away peoples rights to make decisions about products that are as far as I know legal!

By the way I don't smoke and couldn't care if it was banned, very very rarely drink any alcohol (christmas party maybe), don't particulkarly like KFC or Maccas, BUT I don't see what digitally altering the past achieves.

If it can be proven without a doubt that a bit of advertising on some old race cars makes people take up smoking then "maybe" there is a case. To me this is just unnecessary and ridiculous.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3312629)   #138
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no problem with the ban on tobacco advertising, but censoring history, in part or in full, should be illegal. What happened happened and to try and tell the story any other way/withholding information is unjust imo.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3312636)   #139
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
I have no problem with the ban on tobacco advertising, but censoring history, in part or in full, should be illegal. What happened happened and to try and tell the story any other way/withholding information is unjust imo.
Summed up perfectly.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3312638)   #140
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Define history.

Advertising can be considered as history, considering that the ad was prepared before you saw it

To be honest with you, I don't need to look at an old Formula 1 car to help with my decision to buy a packet of lung darts.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3312641)   #141
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone pass me a light
Old 4 Oct 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3312643)   #142
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Define history.

Advertising can be considered as history, considering that the ad was prepared before you saw it

To be honest with you, I don't need to look at an old Formula 1 car to help with my decision to buy a packet of lung darts.

In this case what happened under previous regulations (re tobacco advertising) is history.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3312657)   #143
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny to think that as a kid I had F1 curtains covered in cars carrying the Marlboro logos and no-one thought it was wrong. It certainly never encouraged me to smoke.

I wonder what will happen when "they" realise that Red Bull and Monster are probably as harmful to children as smoking is - imagine the amount of censorship required then. Discussing Vettel's world championships driving for Infiniti-Renault is just wrong.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3312688)   #144
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I walked around Sydney last weekend with a shirt covered in a massive "Marlboro" logo.......how long before the Police tell me to take it off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Given the recent judgement where a TV news broadcast was fined for showing branded cigarette packs in a story about cigarette packs, it's no wonder that they would rather not take the risk.
Yet turn it onto 7mate of an afternoon and we are greeting with tonnes of F1, WRC, 500cc etc.. races with totally un-blurred cigarette logos...

When Channel 9 show the odd clip of past Rugby League games on their various shows, the old "Winfield Cup" logo's are never blurred out.

Is it perhaps a directive from V8Supercars themselves, rather than Ch7? (Given that it is V8Supercar TV that does the broadcasts?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport
Old 4 Oct 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3312963)   #145
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

At least Nissan seems to be normal on the issue of history... certainly an improvement over their earlier work...

Old 5 Oct 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3313065)   #146
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I walked around Sydney last weekend with a shirt covered in a massive "Marlboro" logo.......how long before the Police tell me to take it off?

Yet turn it onto 7mate of an afternoon and we are greeting with tonnes of F1, WRC, 500cc etc.. races with totally un-blurred cigarette logos...

When Channel 9 show the odd clip of past Rugby League games on their various shows, the old "Winfield Cup" logo's are never blurred out.

Is it perhaps a directive from V8Supercars themselves, rather than Ch7? (Given that it is V8Supercar TV that does the broadcasts?)

Is there something wrong with your eyes?
Old 7 Oct 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3314309)   #147
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

It's not just V8s now. There was a rugby league program on the weekend about Wally Lewis and Mal Meninga - only watched a few mins of it - and the cigarette boardings around grounds from historical footage were all blurred out.