Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2515315)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Brawn to lose....driving licence

Ross Brawn has been caught speeding in a Mercedes,apparently achieving 161 mph in a 70 limit in Devon (no mean feat).No doubt on his way to tell Jenson that he's found out how to get heat into tyres.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/77546
Old 4 Aug 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2515329)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
161mph on a public road is plain daft.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2515330)   #3
Craig Senior
Rookie

England
Harewood
Craig Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC & Pitpass are both reporting it as 100mph in a 70mph zone.

Still a potential ban though.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2515334)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Senior View Post
BBC & Pitpass are both reporting it as 100mph in a 70mph zone.
Autosport have amended their article to 100mph too, which is a much more forgivable speed than 161mph!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2515336)   #5
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ross! vroom, vroom.

Getting that in there before the "going 160k, or 100k, as the case may be, in a 70 isn't the least bit funny" posts come out.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2515339)   #6
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
100mph is roughly 161kmh

Probably picked up by a European news agency and the units muddled up.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2515346)   #7
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
30 mph over the speed limit? that's it? That's Thursdays in the commute. Speed fine doubled, couple of demerits and you're on your way.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2515347)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
100 mph in a National speed limit zone is definitely going to get you banned.It's the usual isn't it.No doubt he was also flashing his headlights while tail-gating the car ahead and speaking to someone on the phone.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2515357)   #9
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
100 mph in a National speed limit zone is definitely going to get you banned.It's the usual isn't it.No doubt he was also flashing his headlights while tail-gating the car ahead and speaking to someone on the phone.
But he wasn't driving a BMW.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2515358)   #10
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find that it's usually Audi drivers who do that. I nearly had a heart attack driving onto the A186 to find an Audi actually indicating...

...He didn't turn off the A1 though, just kept going with the indicator on.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2515360)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
It's a German car ! It's just that the people who drive BMWs think that they 'have' to uphold the reputation.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2515362)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nea View Post
I nearly had a heart attack driving onto the A186 to find an Audi actually indicating...
Ah ! they've gone for the 'option pack' then.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2515364)   #13
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would appear so. But tell me, why is it that when my lowly Punto went in for it's MoT, it failed because one of the indicator bulbs had gone, when indicators are Optional Extras on these "executive saloons"?

One rule for them...
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2515366)   #14
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Ah ! they've gone for the 'option pack' then.
The indicator's are usually broken. Owdi's
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2515369)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Brawn seems to be adding himself to a long list of F1 people who have recently been caught speeding.Jenson Button (BMW),Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes).Nelson Piquet Snr and his wife are quite famous for it in Brazil (speeding that is) !
Old 4 Aug 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2515444)   #16
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
Brawn to lose....driving licence
The rate Red Bull Racing is going they'll be lucky if that's all they lose this year!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 4 Aug 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2515449)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
No, it would be the courtesy Merc, wouldn't it?
Old 4 Aug 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2515472)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So where was Ross off to? Dave Richards has a litlle £7million place in St Mawes, maybe they were discussing F1 teams for next year? Maybe Daves got something up his sleeve?
Old 4 Aug 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2515474)   #19
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
So where was Ross off to? Dave Richards has a litlle £7million place in St Mawes, maybe they were discussing F1 teams for next year? Maybe Daves got something up his sleeve?
His arm?
Old 4 Aug 2009, 14:48 (Ref:2515480)   #20
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
His arm?
stop stalking me Al!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2515524)   #21
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
stop stalking me Al!
Not stalking, just keeping an eye on you to make sure you're behaving yourself. You youngsters can get out of hand if we old ones don't keep you in check from time to time...
Old 4 Aug 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2515550)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I plan to single handedly change the perception of BMW drivers being asses when I get my 320cd...
Old 4 Aug 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2515575)   #23
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I plan to single handedly change the perception of BMW drivers being asses when I get my 320cd...
You go for it Sodemo. I drive a 318d and I'm an angel...
Old 4 Aug 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2515578)   #24
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
100 mph in a National speed limit zone is definitely going to get you banned.
Unless you're name's Damon Hill. He got caught doing 120+ on the M40 during his F1 days and got off with a fine, as I recall. I was working in Bicester that day and went along to Bicester Magistrates Court to see him coming out!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2515589)   #25
MG Racer
Rookie

England
Ipswich
MG Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, he probably will loose his licence for a bit and no doubt get a hefty fine, but lets face it who hasn't been at 100 or the otherside of 100 in the last week? Now dont lie..........

Its a fact that modern cars are more than capable and the rules of the road have not kept up. Look at braking distances in the highway, all modern cars can stop in half that length (I think, not stated based on any scientific data).

Oh, yes I do drive an Audi and the indicators work as do the main beam flash so why wont the peasants in the outside lane move over when nothing is in the middle or the inside lane???