Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Nov 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2991349)   #426
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Haha! Was wondering why I hadn't heard of the name..! Anyways....... Come the chequered flag next year after 12hrs we'll see if this decision by Salmon is the correct one. Certainly wasn't from Grant this year. The car just doesn't add up to me, it's a mongrel breed of a thing that technically is not a GT3 derivative as it was never rubber stamped by the FIA....... So what category will it run under in the 2012 12hr....?
This weeks weather on the east coast has been shocking so its likely his planned test didnt go ahead, anyone know if this is the case?

The car is in class A GT3 Outright, with a few other gt3 vehicles that run under national gt3 homologation as well as the now very broad list of available fia gt3 approved vehicles.

Mosler MT900 GT3 Nat-GT3-101
02/01 EVO
RPM 6700
Restrictors 2 x 32.3

I wonder what he plans to do with the vehicle post bathurst.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2991395)   #427
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
This weeks weather on the east coast has been shocking so its likely his planned test didnt go ahead, anyone know if this is the case?

The car is in class A GT3 Outright, with a few other gt3 vehicles that run under national gt3 homologation as well as the now very broad list of available fia gt3 approved vehicles.

Mosler MT900 GT3 Nat-GT3-101
02/01 EVO
RPM 6700
Restrictors 2 x 32.3

I wonder what he plans to do with the vehicle post bathurst.
I find it odd that the Mosler is eligible. They have spent so much time going on about adopting the FIA GT3 rulebook, yet allow a vehicle in that has been banned since 2009 in Europe.

Will the Aus GT 2012 rulebook reflect that same ruleset as the 12hr so that the Mosler is eligible in next years championship?

I assume yes because Klark Quinn has one that we'll see it running around next year..... after all, Dad does own the series
Old 26 Nov 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2991439)   #428
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mosler has been allowed in national European championships but not continent wide titles...
Old 27 Nov 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2991861)   #429
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Erebus Racing Stay tuned for some exciting info! We are just returning from AMG HQ now!! More coming this week!
Old 5 Dec 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2995690)   #430
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
Erebus Racing Stay tuned for some exciting info! We are just returning from AMG HQ now!! More coming this week!
We are waiting
Old 6 Dec 2011, 06:03 (Ref:2995876)   #431
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Factory pilots? A downunder trip by Heico or Gravity Charouz? Intriguing...
Old 7 Dec 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2996297)   #432
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
interesting email i recived today from Ralp van der straten about vds racing mustang.

Hi Adam,
Unfortunately, i decided to cancelled my participation to the next Bathurst 12 hours with my Mustang.
This difficult decision is due to a broken engine during a private test day.
The engine is heavy damaged.
I don't have enough engines to participate in Dubai and Bathurst and don't have the budget to buy a new one for the moment.

I will probably participate in the race with another Belgian team (Qvick Motors) but I know they are missing a third driver with budget.
I'm waiting for instructions from Erik Qvick and I'm ready to come ;0)

Kind regards

Raphael
www.vds-racing.be
Old 7 Dec 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2996300)   #433
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
NE OF THE TOUGHEST tribal battles in global motorsport will spill into Australia next year when a pair of Mercedes Benz SLS GT3s from German team Black Falcon tackle the might of Audi at the 2012 Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour.
The pair of stunning 6.2-litre Mercedes Benz SLS GT3s are joined by Malaysian-based team Clearwater Racing and their Ferrari F458 GT3 on an early provisional entry list released today by Event organisers; three Audi’s, two Lamborghini’s, an additional Ferrari and a Mosler also set to join them in a fiercely competitive outright class.
Porsche’s, Lotuses and a Corvette make up the cars confirmed in the further GT classes, with an additional 12 cars having nominated early in the Production Car and invitational grids.
Mercedes versus Audi battles are the German Touring Car (DTM) equivalent of the Holden versus Ford rivalry in Australia and whilst the Black Falcon duo are private entries, they look to have the credentials to tackle the two works-supported Phoenix Racing Audi’s already confirmed for the race.
Based at the Nurburgring, Black Falcon has won three German VLN championships and has raced in the Dubai, Spa Francorchamps and Nurburgring 24 Hour races.
The driver line up announced by the team also packs some star power; well known industry driver coach and racer Rob Wilson amongst the four drivers nominated for the first team car, whilst former LeMans prototype class winner and two-time Porsche Supercup champion Jeroen Bleekemolen is one of three nominated drivers in the other.
Bleekemolen will be known to Australian fans from his A1GP career with Team Netherlands, including finishing 5th at Eastern Creek’s Australian round in the inaugural 2006-07 season.
Black Falcon has also unveiled the livery of their two Mercedes entries, the cars sporting spectacular blue and yellow schemes for their Australian attack.
Clearwater Racing is a leading outfit in the GT Asia Championship, team principal and Singaporean / Malaysian driver Mok Weng Sung having recently sealed the Asian title at the prestigious Macau Grand Prix Event – though the team is yet to confirm drivers for the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour race.
The early provisional entry list announced today contains 28 cars (up 2 from last years’ starting grid) and 14 international entrants. Event organisers anticipate it will reach the previously announced target of 35 cars prior to entries closing at the end of December.
For more information head to the all new website – www.bathurst12hour.com.au, or follow the race on Facebook (facebook.com/Bathurst12hour) or twitter (@bathurst12hour).
PROVISIONAL ENTRY LIST (As of December 7th, 2011)
Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour

Class A – GT3 Outright
Lago Racing – Lamborghini Gallardo LP600 GT3
Consolidated Chemical Co. Racing – Lamborghini LP560 GT3
Maranello Motorsport – Ferrari F458 GT3
Clearwater Racing – Ferrari F458 GT3
Phoenix Racing – Audi R8 LMS GT3
Phoenix Racing – Audi R8 LMS GT3
United Autosport – Audi R8 LMS GT3
Black Falcon – Mercedes Benz SLS GT3
Black Falcon – Mercedes Benz SLS GT3
Bar One World – Mosler MT900

Class B – GT3
Motorsport Services – Porsche 996 GT3 Cup Car
Motorsport Services – Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car
Tinkler Motorsports – Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car

Class C – GT4
Planbuild Homes – Lotus Exige S
Simply Sports Cars – Lotus Exige S
Paul Freestone – Chevrolet Corvette ZO6

Class D – Production (High Performance)
Motorsport Services – BMW 135i
Motorsport Services – BMW 135i
James Atkinson – HSV GTS
GWS Motorsport – BMW 335i
Maximum Motorsport – Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Class E – Production (Performance)
GWS Motorsport – BMW 130i
Racer Industries – HSV Astra VXR
Adam Dodd – Ford Falcon XR8

Class I1 – Invitational (Petrol up to 2000cc)
Ric Shaw – Mazda RX-7
Bruce Lynton MINI Garage – Mini Cooper S JCW

Class I4 – Invitational (Diesel)
Red Camel Jordans – Seat Leon Super Copa 2.0
Old 7 Dec 2011, 07:35 (Ref:2996304)   #434
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
We are waiting

THE WAIT IS OVER
Old 7 Dec 2011, 08:50 (Ref:2996320)   #435
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
THE WAIT IS OVER
Kind of lol, is Hackett and fellow team members involved in the Black Falcon assualt?

Good entry list so far gt wise, but i cant help but think the production brigade are still being very sore losers. There are sooooo many production cars out there that could make this an incredible race and in many ways take the limelight if they all turned up like previous years. I hope the remaining 16 days or so of entry time sees more turn up!.

The phoenix versus blackfalcon battle is going to be great!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 23:24 (Ref:2996778)   #436
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The amount of entries is a little bit under-whelming. I had high hopes of a bigger field after last years race, but alas it is not to be

I woudl imagine that some of these cars will be no shows, are there any others that are giving serious thought to racing
Old 7 Dec 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2996782)   #437
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
speedlover from blegium has a porsche entered aswell, pkus marcos racing with lotus evora and maybe qvick motors racing with a bmw e90. A pitty there isnt any z4 bmws. a
Old 7 Dec 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2996785)   #438
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little dissapointing, hopefully they'll secure a few more entries in the next few weeks.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2996804)   #439
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame there isn't more local GT support. I can understand some of the reasons why, ie Clipsal, but this type of event really needs to have a strong local competitor base to fill out the fields. We're simply too far away to be relying on international entries to make a full grid.

But if we have the 2 mercs, 2 audis, 2 lambos, couple of Ferrari's and those annoying Porsches (lol), i reckon it will be 10x the race it was last year.

Hopefully next year the dates can be a little better and get the local Aus GT crowd a little more involved.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 03:48 (Ref:2996835)   #440
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
i guess a few cars from other countries havnt made it due to damages with their cars. The euroasia motorsport team and there ford gt3 was entered but due to a major crash last week at macau it wont make it.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 04:21 (Ref:2996840)   #441
nafe!
Racer

I noticed this
Class E – Production (Performance)

Racer Industries – HSV Astra VXR
Adam Dodd – Ford Falcon XR8

Is this the mcleod astra that was previously going to be running as a modded invitational car or is this completely seperate?
Old 8 Dec 2011, 04:39 (Ref:2996842)   #442
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they had 2 Astra's...not 100% sure

But what about the Ric Shaw RX-7? How quick is it? Exactly what is it?
Old 8 Dec 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2996863)   #443
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A conspiracy theorist would possibly claim that the only reason that AGT got an invitation onto the support program at Clipsal was to diminish the entry in the 12hr.
But then I'm not a conspiracy theorist!
Old 8 Dec 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2996897)   #444
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
A conspiracy theorist would possibly claim that the only reason that AGT got an invitation onto the support program at Clipsal was to diminish the entry in the 12hr.
I'd suggest that AGT wanted to be on the program for Clipsal - giving the drivers and their sponsors WAY more exposure at a much bigger event.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2996911)   #445
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I'd suggest that AGT wanted to be on the program for Clipsal - giving the drivers and their sponsors WAY more exposure at a much bigger event.
Plus the fact that they would get their arses handed to them on a platter by turning up at Bathurst for the 12 hour.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2996914)   #446
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not many entries from this year's race - no Porsches in Class A either...a few more cars would be good. I'm not giving up on 35 to start the race.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 8 Dec 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2996916)   #447
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Plus the fact that they would get their arses handed to them on a platter by turning up at Bathurst for the 12 hour.
What?
Old 8 Dec 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2996998)   #448
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Seems pretty logical, from a purely business perspective. Conjecture aside, as events, Adelaide/Clipsal are now competing (albeit with a significant advantage, via V8SC) with the 12 hour for both competitors (via AustralianGT) and fan attendance - with the latter depending heavily on the quality of the former.

While I (and likely multiple others) would prefer the event organisers not interfere with the interests of one another, that's business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
What?
It might be blunt but, funding/sponsorship related factors aside, he's right. A substantial volume of the local competitors would be (based on what's been displayed thus far) considerably out of their depth against the competition (select local entries included).

There seems to be a prevailing mentality amongst certain local competitors that the quality of the competition should be adjusted to a degree that best matches their abilities.
This is likely a product of their environment and, within that environment, it's understandable (to a certain extent).

Multiple local competitors (yourself included) seem to have grasped what's necessary to remain competitive. In regards to both the package, and driver lineup.

I'm all for any legitimate attempt to increase the volume of local GT3 (and touring, for that matter) competitors within the 12 hour.
The event's long term well-being likely depends on increases be delivered in this area.

What's required to be competitive within this specific arena just needs to be better understood/acknowledged by local outfits (should they have an interest/desire to participate).

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 8 Dec 2011 at 14:11.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2997241)   #449
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
So what was the explanation for them being included at clipsal since before they were invited to be at the 12 hour, at least back to 2008

the real conspiracy theory is why was the race moved closer to the clipsal? was it to keep the locals out of the 12 hour race?
Old 8 Dec 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2997283)   #450
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
So what was the explanation for them being included at clipsal since before they were invited to be at the 12 hour, at least back to 2008

the real conspiracy theory is why was the race moved closer to the clipsal? was it to keep the locals out of the 12 hour race?
Conspiracy theorists abound!

The date was moved later to allow for those racing at Dubai time to get cars to Australia to race at Bathurst, as part of the relationship with Creventic.

Clipsal was, in fact, moved two weeks earlier this season to get it in slightly before the Adelaide festival season in late March, and to resume it's (Rightful, IMHO) place as the V8SC season opener in place of the Middle East.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would suggest the Clipsal 500 organisers are scared of the 12 Hour Event becoming so huge it would steal their thunder as THE major opening event of the Australian Motor Racing year.

Fortunately for me, I deal in facts and not B.S.!