Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3330666)   #4951
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl123 View Post

BTW those "Red Arrows" on the car are from origin ( very odd )... or are photoshoped from a different "analyst" indicating precisely the differences he encoutered. At least one of those red arrows seems the indicate the "additional" air intake you mention before... but there are 3 red arrows !?...
The red arrows are typically used to indicate clips or fastening points for bodywork sections. The one you mention is not pointing to the new intake but rather the clip for the rear deck.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3330705)   #4952
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
From what I understand, the #4 Audi from the LM test was just a 2013 LM spec car fitted with the narrower tires and whatever suspension changes Audi had to make to cater to the narrower wheels/tires. Other than that, that car as far as I can tell is essentially the same as the other LM spec R18s.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3330738)   #4953
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl123 View Post
The front of the underfloor doesn't seem to extended so forward in the Monza tub, the vanes on top of the wheel arch still seems to me more pronounced, there seems to be a subtle but different curvature on the all front wheel arch, and there seems to be "entrances" just below the front head lights, just below those front below head light diffusers...
The perceived size difference of the turning vanes on top of the wheel arches is just the result of the angle of the pictures:

On the picture below the turning vane "appears" bigger.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3330741)   #4954
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
More pictures of Audi's 2014 Michelin test in Monza on http://www.flickr.com/photos/takyevo/with/10563309084/

A small selection:

Old 13 Nov 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3330803)   #4955
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
The red arrows are typically used to indicate clips or fastening points for bodywork sections. The one you mention is not pointing to the new intake but rather the clip for the rear deck.
Yeah! i know... tricked by the one "pointing down" just very near the under floor... in front of where the arrow points there seems to be noting, unless in on the underfloor it self.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3330843)   #4956
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Perhaps this makrs where the trolleys should be put.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3332566)   #4957
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/wec/audi-eye...al-lmp1-drive/

Nico Mueller now in serious contention for an Audi LMP1 drive
Old 17 Nov 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3332757)   #4958
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
In the following interview Treluyer mentions that he will test the new LMP1 soon. His wording leaves open whether the car already did some testing (e.g. a shakedown).
Quote:
“I received a call two weeks ago to come here for the test and so far we’ve just talked about the test,” Treluyer said. “But if I get the opportunity, I will take it. But at the moment I’m quite busy right now with the new [LMP1] program and I don’t know if I have time to do more races.

At the moment I haven’t tested the new [LMP1] car but it’s going to come soon and we’re going to have a lot of work. That’s my main program and I want to do it well. But if it can fit in another program, it would be great for me.”
source: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/tr...l-miller-audi/
Old 18 Nov 2013, 06:38 (Ref:3332912)   #4959
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
According to John Dagys, Audi Sport are planning to test their 2014 contender at Sebring next month:
Quote:
While not eligible for the TUDOR Championship, look for Audi to be testing its next-generation R18 LMP1 car at Sebring next month.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3332956)   #4960
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to seeing it. I really don't like the new cockpit height rules as it makes the low sleek lmp1's look less pleasing proportionally imo. But there are a couple of things I think teams will do to work their way around a higher cockpit roofline. Ill leave that to the lmp regulation thread. But if Audi do show up, I expect plenty of pictures if possible.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3333185)   #4961
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Autosport have a quote from Dr Ullrich saying that the 2014 LMP1 car has already run twice, with the initial shakedown run being done in late September. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111451
Old 18 Nov 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3333210)   #4962
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Same article also says that the new R18 is supposed to be shown to the public for the first time Dec. 18th.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3333500)   #4963
alless
Rookie

alless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The car has tested twice up to now. I could say more, but I don't want to." LOL
Old 19 Nov 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3333591)   #4964
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alless View Post
"The car has tested twice up to now. I could say more, but I don't want to." LOL
This is German sense of humour I guess (or should it be Austrian sense of humour ?)
Old 25 Nov 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3336493)   #4965
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
According to John Dagys, Audi Sport are planning to test their 2014 contender at Sebring next month:
Quote:
While not eligible for the TUDOR Championship, look for Audi to be testing its next-generation R18 LMP1 car at Sebring next month.
It is being reported by Sport Audi on their Facebook page that Audi are indeed expected to test the new "R18" at Sebring during the second week of December.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3336535)   #4966
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alless View Post
Just another example of Dr. Ullrich's complete and utter awesomeness.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3336577)   #4967
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Dr. Ullrich might be awesome in the eyes of some, but if you want to see the ultimate in awesome at Audi, talk to engine guru Ulrich Baretzky
Old 25 Nov 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3336697)   #4968
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Dr. Ullrich might be awesome in the eyes of some, but if you want to see the ultimate in awesome at Audi, talk to engine guru Ulrich Baretzky
Well let's be honest.
The awesomeness of Audi is much more than those two guys!
It can be found in these guys:
Ulrich Baretzky
Dr. Ullrich
Tom Kristensen
Allan McNish
Howden Haynes
Reinhold Joest

Last edited by CTD; 25 Nov 2013 at 22:01.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3336704)   #4969
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well let's be honest.
The awesomeness of Audi is much more than those two guys!
It can be found in these guys:
Ulrich Baretzky
Dr. Ullrich
Tom Kristensen
Allan McNish
Howden Haynes
I will also add, Reinhold Joest!
Old 25 Nov 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3336714)   #4970
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I will also add, Reinhold Joest!
Oh yes!
I meant to, but forgot..
Old 25 Nov 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3336774)   #4971
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reinhold Joest is the best of the best for Porsche as well
Old 26 Nov 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3336811)   #4972
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Agree. I thought of photos for Joest and it would include a Porsche 962, the Porsche LMP, the Porsche GT1-98, the Audi R8, the R10, the R15, the R18 and all the evolutions of each of these.

Hat's off to Reinhold. The others may know how to design and build them but unless you know how to build the teams to prepare, race and then win, even exceptional efforts will fail.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3336926)   #4973
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Unless Olaf grows his epic moustache back.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3337447)   #4974
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
At Shanghai, Audi ran some type of air intake on one of the suspension covers of the #1 Audi during practice. Any idea what they were trying to do? The #2 didn't run it, and neither the #1 or #2 ran it in the race.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3337454)   #4975
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
At Shanghai, Audi ran some type of air intake on one of the suspension covers of the #1 Audi during practice. Any idea what they were trying to do? The #2 didn't run it, and neither the #1 or #2 ran it in the race.
Any picture ?