Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jun 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1342668)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Vitaphone Racing

A (possibly stupid) question: who are Vitaphone Racing now? I know that in 2004 it was a Konrad Motorsport satellite operation, but I assume that relationship ended when Vitaphone switched from the Saleen to the Maserati, and I also assume that Uwe Alzen's departure from the team precluded the possible link-up with Jurgen Alzen Motorsport, so who is behind Vitaphone now?
Old 29 Jun 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1343021)   #2
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Bartels started his own team this year, for it to become Vitaphone Racing. He got crew members from DTM, and bought a workshop from a VLN team (that ran in V8 Star) i believe.. Last year, the team was 90% Konrad Motorsport and 10% Jurgen Alzen Motorsport, so Bartels started from scratch this year with a new team. It drives me crazy when some members of the press make it sound like its the same team, it isnt, since last year it was effectly Konrad Motorsport.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 16:01 (Ref:1343028)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Right, that makes sense. It also explains some of the gaffes they've perpetrated - there was some sort of error in the pits at Magny Cours, if I recall, and generally Vitaphone just haven't seemed especially sharp.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1343037)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think the team has some Italian mechanics of Maserati Corse.

http://www.vitaphone.de/de/racing_team/
Old 29 Jun 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1343038)   #5
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea, Chris Crawford did a lot for the team last year, they had amazing strategy in the pits, that ended up winning a few of the races, from starting last...

If Konrad now just had reliable cars, they could have that same strategy... Hopefully everything will be sorted by Oscherleben, and they will have a good run.