Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Mar 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1243734)   #26
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The full carbon Porsche and Mercedes GT1 racers were built by Lola. The company had very few customers at the time. I believe their only design "input" with those cars could have been to choose the right carbon layout to get the result wanted by the manufacturer...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1243901)   #27
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The rumour is that the new Porsche tub was built in England, right

If thats true that could explain why 'the voice of British motorsport' Motorsport News got the story
Old 12 Apr 2005, 03:54 (Ref:1275995)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
http://autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102124

FWIW
Old 12 Apr 2005, 06:37 (Ref:1276027)   #29
Zagato
Rookie

Zagato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carbon Tubs

To the best of my knowledge The carbon tubs of the Mecedes CLR and many Toyota and Panoz carbon parts were made by Dave Price Composites not Lola Not sure on the Porsche.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1276175)   #30
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
motorsport.com

Here's another one
Old 13 Apr 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1277385)   #31
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Carrera GT's tub was manufactured by Lola to Porsche's design specifications, for what it's worth
Old 14 Apr 2005, 06:56 (Ref:1277765)   #32
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Carrera GT chassis is built, together with the body, by ATR in Italy

http://www.atrgroup.it/eng/clienti.htm
Old 14 Apr 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1278222)   #33
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiteful
The Carrera GT's tub was manufactured by Lola to Porsche's design specifications, for what it's worth
Well yeah, I wasn't very sure about that
Old 15 Apr 2005, 04:00 (Ref:1278501)   #34
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder when Porsche will make the announcement?

Last edited by Fogelhund; 15 Apr 2005 at 04:01.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1278841)   #35
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
I wonder when Porsche will make the announcement?
hmmm i don't know
Old 15 Apr 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1278867)   #36
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We'll know soon...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Apr 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1278869)   #37
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is that the ALMS announcment thats on tap for today?

hmmmm.. i bet it is, because you 3 guys are very knowledgeable... hehe
Old 15 Apr 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1278885)   #38
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In about 75 minutes from now we might know something....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1278904)   #39
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's Porsche and Penske! Go look at http://www.americanlemans.com .... and it is in LMP2

Last edited by iucrmh; 15 Apr 2005 at 14:12.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1278908)   #40
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Full article
Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1278909)   #41
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Darn, you beat me to it.

PLM unveiling, Penske involvement all next year.

Who believes that Roger will be content to stay in P2, though?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1278912)   #42
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Darn, you beat me to it.

PLM unveiling, Penske involvement all next year.

Who believes that Roger will be content to stay in P2, though?

I sure don't...Roger is doing this to have the inside track on the top Porsche LMP1 with factory support when it goes on-line....

Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1278915)   #43
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
So 2006 it will just be Penske in the P2, then 2007 the customer chassis will be unleashed (according to the Penske version of the release). I'd guess that's when Roger steps up.

-Bill James
Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:34 (Ref:1278930)   #44
tblincoe
Veteran

Penske and Porsche... what a dream team! i'm beginning to believe that Porsche believes that they can win overall with an LMP2 package. should be interesting to see how this program unfolds... no matter what, we'll have at least a Porsche and Audi prototype on the same track finally!
Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1278939)   #45
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Even if not for overall, Porsche has always been quite happy to be the customer chassis of choice.

I'm sure the intent is to absolutely stack the field with Porsche P2s for a good long run, and make money on the trackside supply trucks.

I'm sure they're seriously evaluating the P1 possibility but waiting until Audi shows their cards.

-Bill James
Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1278952)   #46
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Even if not for overall, Porsche has always been quite happy to be the customer chassis of choice.

I'm sure the intent is to absolutely stack the field with Porsche P2s for a good long run, and make money on the trackside supply trucks.

I'm sure they're seriously evaluating the P1 possibility but waiting until Audi shows their cards.
very good point... well said.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1278968)   #47
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Woooooooo-hooooooooo!

(Quite pleased about this.)

Castro Neves or Hornish for the enduros?
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1278973)   #48
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
very good point... well said.
If initial results from practice sessions at Spa are any indication, Audi better have a ace up their sleeves...

Because they are getting their butts kicked...

they were 7th or 8th in the 1st session Zyteks 1,2 and 5, Courage C60 Hybrid 3rd, Pesca 4th....Dome Hybrid ahead of them as well...

and the last post I saw had Pesca leading the 2nd session with a 2:06 lap...5 seconds faster than the Audi...

Dallara Judd (with Vanina driving) also topped the Audi in 2nd session....

Audi was 7th in that one....

The restrictors must be killing their advantage that they once had...

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 15 Apr 2005 at 15:13.

Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1278983)   #49
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whoa horse Tim, I believe that's why they run the race itself. Anyways, the Audi R8 has nothing to fear on this side of the pond in 2005. And why would Audi be afraid of next year when they will have a new car?

Back on topic. The Porsche announcement is huge! But Penske back in real racing, well that is more than icing on the cake, that is huge in itself. I echo the comments that Porsche are definitely in P2 for the customer aspect. Whether that dovetails into a full P1 program remains to be seen. But I also agree that Mr. Penske will want to step it up sooner or later.

Interesting that Penske snuck out of nowhere to partner up with Porsche. In the discussions we've all had about who might be a potential factory backed team, that name was never mentioned. Gotta luv it. I can just see that Sunoco liveried beauty now!
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1278987)   #50
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
If initial results from practice sessions at Spa are any indication, Audi better have a ace up their sleeves...

Because they are getting their butts kicked...

they were 7th or 8th in the 1st session Zyteks 1,2 and 5, Courage C60 Hybrid 3rd, Pesca 4th....Dome Hybrid ahead of them as well...

and the last post I saw had Pesca leading the 2nd session with a 2:06 lap...5 seconds faster than the Audi...

Dallara Judd (with Vanina driving) also topped the Audi in 2nd session....

Audi was 7th in that one....

The restrictors must be killing their advantage that they once had...
Erm... Tim, please, could we use the appriopriate thread ?