Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Apr 2000, 17:35 (Ref:5517)   #1
Franklin
Racer

Franklin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Require teams to build their own cars in their own shop. Ban them from farming out any parts other than springs, shocks, transmissions, engines, and brakes. Ban exclusive engine deals. Allow gas turbines.

Eliminate many of the advantages of wind tunnels by doing the following: Allow movable wings. Allow driver-controlled wings. Allow suspension-mounted wings. Allow wings that automatically adjust to either gear selection or airspeed (this can be done without computers). Allow fan suction systems.

Old 28 Apr 2000, 17:38 (Ref:5518)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

perhaps a new formula. but this one is waay too successful to change.
Old 28 Apr 2000, 17:51 (Ref:5519)   #3
mapguy
Rookie

mapguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Franklin:
Require teams to build their own cars in their own shop. Ban them from farming out any parts other than springs, shocks, transmissions, engines, and brakes. Ban exclusive engine deals. Allow gas turbines.

Eliminate many of the advantages of wind tunnels by doing the following: Allow movable wings. Allow driver-controlled wings. Allow suspension-mounted wings. Allow wings that automatically adjust to either gear selection or airspeed (this can be done without computers). Allow fan suction systems.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see it now... Formula Franklin

[This message has been edited by mapguy (edited 28 April 2000).]
Old 28 Apr 2000, 22:57 (Ref:5520)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How did i know this was a Franklin thread, without even looking at who posted it??

Ah, aren't you the one pulling for it all to be cheaper? Hmmmmm, seems to me that this would be outrageously expensive... Go on, prove us wrong Fraklin, prove us wrong.

(I know you wont, but you could only dream... )
Old 28 Apr 2000, 23:45 (Ref:5521)   #5
jamie928
Rookie

jamie928 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they shoud make the $3 airplanes Franklin was talkin' about. Of course they have to mount the wings upside down to keep them on the track.
Franklin....Please stop setting yourself up. This is getting old. Aren't you getting tired of all these "verbal weggies"????
Old 29 Apr 2000, 05:40 (Ref:5522)   #6
Franklin
Racer

When I get critics who understand spelling and punctuation, I'll start worrying. (Anybody notice how Enzo and Cmd have gotten real quiet?)
Old 29 Apr 2000, 12:05 (Ref:5523)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They've had enough of talking to brick walls...

"Eliminate many of the advantages of wind tunnels by doing the following: Allow movable wings. Allow driver-controlled wings."
-Explain this to because i am dumb and cant spell?

"Require teams to build their own cars in their own shop"
- How does that make it any cheaper?

"Ban exclusive engine deals. Allow gas turbines."
- Another move to make it cheaper?

Can't you see that you wouldn't cop so much **** if you didn't speak it in every one of your posts?
Old 29 Apr 2000, 14:26 (Ref:5524)   #8
Franklin
Racer

I don't know how they spell things down in Australia, but in the rest of the English speaking world we have a punctuation mark called an apostrophe. Maybe you should consider using it.

After revealing themselves for the frauds they are when Enzo said the Nemesis cost $1,000,000 (it cost $25,000) and Cmd said NHRA Pro Stocks use beam front axles (they've been using Chapman struts since the early seventies), maybe Enzo and Cmd finally had the good sense to shut up.
Old 29 Apr 2000, 15:06 (Ref:5525)   #9
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Franklin:
(Anybody notice how Enzo and Cmd have gotten real quiet?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you sent them to sleep with your continual drivel ? Does anyone recall how Nigel Mansell used to drone on, and on, and on...
Old 29 Apr 2000, 16:35 (Ref:5526)   #10
jamie928
Rookie

We don't know anything about racing and we can't spell. I guess we should all give in and start Formula Franklin right away.
If you know proper grammer and all... you should have all the answers cause that makes you better than everyone else.
I've seen the LIGHT!!!!!! AMEN FRANKLIN!!!!
Franklin, When I was in college there was this guy who had padlocks on his car doors and used to check under the car with a mirror to check for bombs. He thought Aliens and the CIA were out to get him. His name was Franklin. Was that you????

[This message has been edited by jamie928 (edited 29 April 2000).]
Old 29 Apr 2000, 19:33 (Ref:5527)   #11
Franklin
Racer

"If you know proper grammer and all... you should have all the answers
cause that makes you better than everyone else." No, just the people who don't notice their postings contain words such as "cant" and "wont."
Old 29 Apr 2000, 19:42 (Ref:5528)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
franklin, luv, with the deepest respect, this forum has become nothing but an arguing shop since you turned up, we used to have friendly discussions about cart, like it is, and not what it might be like if someone invented a doodle-whatever with added suction. the only flaming we saw was when liz or someone dared to say a bad word about my christian, and then it was a friendly reminder of such things as talent, etc.
it may be coincidence, but i suspect not.
Old 29 Apr 2000, 19:51 (Ref:5529)   #13
Franklin
Racer

(On the other hand, the fact that self-proclaimed rocket scientist Cmd was proficient in spelling and grammar made nailing his hide to the wall with my response below all the more satisfying. For the complete exchange, refer to the Technical Forum under the thread "Wrong people building carbon fiber cars?")

"A current Pro-Stock racecar is a front engined, beam axled (front and
rear), racecar that has a relatively high C.G., lot's of weight in the
driver protection system (roll cage), a push rod 500 CID. two valve
engine maaking about 1800 to 2100 HP."

When somebody who yammers endlessly about all the different racecars
they've designed makes HUGE BONEHEAD FUNDAMENTAL ERRORS like saying that
a Pro Stock has "a beam front axle" and "1,800 to 2,100 horsepower" the
rest of us start wondering just how big a FRAUD that person is.

PRO STOCKS HAVE NEVER USED BEAM FRONT AXLES. PRO STOCKS DON'T HAVE 1,800
TO 2,100 HORSEPOWER. IN FACT, NONE OF THE NHRA PRO CATEGORIES CURRENTLY
USE BEAM FRONT AXLES.

Pro Stocks have more like 1,100 to 1,200 horsepower, since they're not
allowed to use nitrous oxide or supercharging. They've always had
independent front suspension. They've been using Chapman strut front
suspension since the early seventies. To make a four-link rear
suspension work properly, a high degree of torsional rigidity is
essential.

It is the Pro Mods which are the doorslammers that develop 1,800 to
2,100 horsepower because they can run either supercharging with alcohol
or normally aspirated on gas with nitrous oxide.
Old 29 Apr 2000, 23:23 (Ref:5530)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
fromnowoniamignoringallformsofpunctuationspacingandspellingetcbecauseit****esofffranklinjustasmuchas he****esusoff!!

There, that's better!!

Since i ignored that previous post, Bella, yes this is a friendly place, but we all know Max has more talent than Cristian and Gil combined
Old 30 Apr 2000, 04:05 (Ref:5531)   #15
floid2000
Racer

floid2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm kinda new here. So......You are the resident lunatic? Nice to meet you Franklin. . I've gotta admit,
You sure get the proverbial tobacco juice flyin' (note the properly used appostrophe)
Old 30 Apr 2000, 04:50 (Ref:5532)   #16
Hyacinth
Rookie

Hyacinth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the same kind of **** that Franklin tried at 7thGear, before he was banned. You'll notice that when anyone tries to call his bluff or refute any of his flights of fancy with a request for clarification or, heaven forbid, facts actually proving him wrong, he resorts to personal attacks and name-calling.

Let me try to explain something, Mr. Ratliff. When you are in the presence of people whose company you enjoy and whose opinions you respect enough to listen to, you don't act like a arrogant supercillious twit by criticizing their grammar or spelling or punctuation. Every thing I have seen of you so far tells me that you post your techno-drivel just to make you feel superior to those of us poor morons who are just too stupid to understand it, and so far below you intellectually that you have a God-given right, and perhaps obligation, to verbally squash us like bugs under your feet.

You are one sad individual. Have you EVER made and kept any friends, or are they also crushed underfoot if they dare to disagree with Franklin The Great?

Go ahead and flame away. You'll only be proving my point

Old 30 Apr 2000, 07:09 (Ref:5533)   #17
Franklin
Racer

It was also a lot of fun sticking it to a pretentious twit like Enzo in the following exchange.

ENZO: While the plane is a nice ccomplishment by those guys, it was sponsored by Lockheed wit humongous amounts of donated R&D, & materials. The guesstimated labor cost for the two guys building it ( layup & assembly
only, not R&D) was $195,000. If we add in as a rough guess $100,000 for the materials donated, $100,000 for fixed overhead,( amortization of programming & assorted office equipments, insurances, rent, etc),
$250,000 for tooing ( molds, patterns, consumables,etc), $1,500,000 for Lockheeds R&D ( easily that price, when a wind tunnel model for a plane of that shaping would cost at least $150,000. A model for a CART car
costs $250,000 as it is a bit more complex. Wind tunnel time costs around $1000/hr, & Lockheeds R&D time charges of around $500/hr/person), and you've got a plane that cost over $2 million to build. Granted,
subsequent copies will be cheaper, but they'll never get to a price under $1 million each, not if they wish to make any sort of profit.

FRANKLIN: "What they may not realize, however, is that Nemesis was built in a private hangar In Mojave, CA, on a financial
shoestring. It is the product of brains, not big bucks." Enzo, what part of that sentence did you not understand? If you'd gotten off your smug condescending arrogant ass, Enzo, and bothered to read the website, you would have discovered the Nemesis was built on a budget of $25,000 and HAD NO SPONSORSHIP FROM LOCKHEED. It is the Nemesis NXT (which has yet to fly) that has the sponsorship from
Lockheed. It was the Nemesis built WITHOUT THE SPONSORSHIP FROM LOCKHEED that set all those speed records and dominated Formula One air racing. Got it? Good.
Old 30 Apr 2000, 07:21 (Ref:5534)   #18
Franklin
Racer

"This is the same kind of **** that Franklin tried at 7thGear, before he
was banned. You'll notice that when anyone tries to call his bluff or
refute any of his flights of fancy with a request for clarification or,
heaven forbid, facts actually proving him wrong, he resorts to personal
attacks and name-calling.
Let me try to explain something, Mr. Ratliff. When you are in the
presence of people whose company you enjoy and whose opinions you
respect enough to listen to, you don't act like a arrogant supercillious
twit by criticizing their grammar or spelling or punctuation. Every
thing I have seen of you so far tells me that you post your
techno-drivel just to make you feel superior to those of us poor morons
who are just too stupid to understand it, and so far below you
intellectually that you have a God-given right, and perhaps obligation,
to verbally squash us like bugs under your feet."

That statement might have been a lot more interesting to me, if it had NOT BEEN TOTALLY LACKING IN ANY SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION OR LISTING WHATSOEVER OF ANY EGREGIOUS FACTUAL ERRORS BY ME.
Old 30 Apr 2000, 12:08 (Ref:5535)   #19
jamie928
Rookie

Franklin....You just proved Hyacinth's point with your last two posts.
Post the Email you recieved from 7th Gear that said you were bounced so eveyone can know the truth!

Old 1 May 2000, 00:58 (Ref:5536)   #20
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Did you just ask Franky to do something? Youve got buckleys of getting a response...good luck....

(oops....forgot my punctuation again.. )

Hey Franklin, why not tell us how yor new formula is going to make things safer or cheaper? Im waiting for your response
Old 1 May 2000, 07:25 (Ref:5537)   #21
Franklin
Racer

Reading between the lines, Sparky, is not your forte (nor is reading the lines it appears). However, if you can identify anything in this statement which is meant to imply these cars would be safer than the existing formula I'd certainly be interested in hearing it.

"Require teams to build their own cars in their own shop. Ban them from farming out any parts other than springs, shocks, transmissions, engines, and brakes. Ban exclusive engine deals. Allow gas turbines.

Eliminate many of the advantages of wind tunnels by doing the following: Allow movable wings. Allow driver-controlled wings. Allow
suspension-mounted wings. Allow wings that automatically adjust to either gear selection or airspeed (this can be done without computers). Allow fan suction systems."
Old 1 May 2000, 07:42 (Ref:5538)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Grrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Ok, i think this thread is dead, how about your next brilliant idea our enlightened intellectual leader Franklin?

May i sew your mind with some ideas?
How about:
Periscopes so the driver can see cars ahead on the track.
Afterburners, wings and radars (heck, we are turning them into planes aren't we?)
Cars running on a tether, just in case they leave the race track...
Robot drivers- eliminate human error.
Carburettors- why the hell not? (sorry, )
6, no 8 wheeled cars, twice the grip!
Gyroscopes- keep the cars straight while running on straights. Don't worry if it is impractical, thats ok!!

Go on, inspire us!!
(oh sorry, once again i failed the punctuation test....sorry )

[This message has been edited by Crash Test (edited 01 May 2000).]
Old 1 May 2000, 08:24 (Ref:5539)   #23
floid2000
Racer

floid2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I for one will not reply to this wacko any more........Maybe if you all do the same he'll shrivel up and blow away. Bye
Franklin
Old 1 May 2000, 18:22 (Ref:5540)   #24
Franklin
Racer

Some people (i.e., NOT Crash Test) might have surmised I was implying (see below) that if these design options were available a team working in a well-equipped NASCAR or drag racing fab shop could build a car that would perform at least as well as today's Indy cars. However, since some people apparently are a little slow on the up take (i.e., Crash Test), I'll spell it out. With these design options available, a smart designer without a wind tunnel and working with a composites structure expert, a composites technician, a machinist, and a welder could build a car that would not only equal the performance of today's cars but would also be much easier to set-up.

"Require teams to build their own cars in their own shop. Ban them from
farming out any parts other than springs, shocks, transmissions,
engines, and brakes. Ban exclusive engine deals. Allow gas turbines.

Eliminate many of the advantages of wind tunnels by doing the following:
Allow movable wings. Allow driver-controlled wings. Allow
suspension-mounted wings. Allow wings that automatically adjust to
either gear selection or airspeed (this can be done without computers).
Allow fan suction systems."
Old 1 May 2000, 20:21 (Ref:5541)   #25
Administrator

Some people (i.e., NOT Crash Test) might have surmised I was implying (see below) that if these design options were available a team working in a well-equipped NASCAR or drag racing fab shop could build a car that would perform at least as well as today's Indy cars. However, since some people apparently are a little slow on the up take (i.e., Crash Test), I'll spell it out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Franklin,
I have been following your posts for sometime and I have decided to take a moment to stop you and ask you to re-read the rules of this forum. Take a look at http://tentenths.com/site/faq/2.html#2 and please take special note of the mentions of 'trolls' and 'respect'

You are on step one. Next stop a yellow card...