Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3009795)   #1426
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Could it be someone like Pat Symonds I wonder?
Pat Symonds has a job with the Marussia F1 team.

Maybe Gary Anderson?
Old 10 Jan 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3009796)   #1427
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Patrick Head would be brilliant, but I fear that's wishful thinking.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3009797)   #1428
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Pat Symonds has a job with the Marussia F1 team.

Maybe Gary Anderson?
Ah ok.
Patrick Head would be good too but I would imagine he wants some time away from the paddock after so many years flying to every race. Ron Dennis would be funny but that would never happen lol.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3009810)   #1429
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Flav????
Old 10 Jan 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3009811)   #1430
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Flav????
Not at all a technical person.

Gary Anderson, Frank Dernie, or someone like that.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3009843)   #1431
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Has Anderson been with a championship winning team? Frank Dernie was with Williams and has a very dry sense of humour.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3009915)   #1432
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who has lost their job in recent times??

Nick Wirth was with Benetton in the 90's. He'd match Jake for height.
What's Gordon Murray doing these days?
Old 10 Jan 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3009940)   #1433
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Who has lost their job in recent times??

Nick Wirth was with Benetton in the 90's. He'd match Jake for height.
What's Gordon Murray doing these days?
I believe that Nick Worth is still busy producing other types of racing car chassis, and Gordon Murray is busy getting his micro electric car business up and running.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3010467)   #1434
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Flav????
There are other words I'd use to describe him.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3010546)   #1435
henners88
Veteran

Wales
So it is Gary Anderson then.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/16516805.stm

A good choice and its beginning to look like the BBC are onto a winner.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3010577)   #1436
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
So all they need is Louise Goodman to complete a Jordan GP lineup!!
Old 12 Jan 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3010605)   #1437
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
So all they need is Louise Goodman to complete a Jordan GP lineup!!
Oh god don't say that!! lol
I doubt Leigh McKenzie would share her pitlane with Goodman working alongside each other .
Old 12 Jan 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3010663)   #1438
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I like Anderson and he's well qualified for this position but I'm not sure as how generally popular he will be. He has a very monotone voice.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3010697)   #1439
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
So it is Gary Anderson then.
Not a bad guess then.

His voice does irritate a bit though.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3010706)   #1440
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Not a bad guess then.

A very good guess.

I can handle an irritating voice in small doses and its not like he'll be dominating the coverage in the role set aside for him. His knowledge and insight will be valuable and it only strengthens the BBC team IMO.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3011074)   #1441
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I realise it has a dedicated sports channel and has time to fill but i find it quite interesting that i've seen more out-of-season F1 reporting from Sky Sports the last few days than i think i saw in the last 3 years combined on the BBC. I'll be quite interested in what they do over the winter testing period, whether they send cameras down to Spain for instance.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3011097)   #1442
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
I realise it has a dedicated sports channel and has time to fill but i find it quite interesting that i've seen more out-of-season F1 reporting from Sky Sports the last few days than i think i saw in the last 3 years combined on the BBC. I'll be quite interested in what they do over the winter testing period, whether they send cameras down to Spain for instance.
If they do send camera's to Spain for the tests then it won't be shown until the channel is launched in March I wouldn't think.

What you have to remember when you compare the channels with their advertising is that one (Sky) has more opportunity to advertise than the other. The BBC only have slots in between programmes whereas Sky fill their schedule with ad breaks. The BBC have many other programmes to plug with what they have available. I've only seen one advert for the new F1 channel and that was on Pick TV on freeview, but I can apprecaite Sky subscribers will see them alot more often.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3011336)   #1443
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
Not if you can watch it all on numerous websites which I won't bother mentioning I've never tried watching F1 on an internet stream before, but since it is possible to watch just about any football match (Premier League, Champions League, La Liga etc) I'm sure the F1 will crop up somewhere.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-16544335
Bernie wouldn't even need to extradite you

Perhaps being forced to is a defence?
Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3011339)   #1444
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not a bad guess then.

Anderson writes some of he technical features for Autosport, working with Mark Hughes. Hughes also helps out in the beeb commentary box. So that may been the initial link.

His pieces in Autosport are the only decent bit in the Autosport GP reporting nowadays. Well it was before I gave up on Autosport

And you don't here the voice in the mag, so you'd be alright with that Marbot.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3011346)   #1445
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've taken a look around the various websites and pulled information together on that we know will be happening on Sky including time frames for the F1 sessions on the new channels to come up with what I think is an approximation of what a race weekend might look like.

The times shown here are based around the German GP of last year, with the times shown in UK time. Obviously each countries schedule will vary a bit but this is just for fun.

From the various Press releases, the channel will be on air from Thurday 7-11pm and 7am-Midnight on Friday-Sunday.

We also know that FP1 has it's own 2:05 programme with FP2 1:55. On Saturday FP3's programme is 1:30 and the the F1 Qually programme is to be 2:45 long. The Race coverage on the Sunday is to run 4:30.
Due to the schedule of the event I picked the Qually show is only 2:35.

I've also made the huge and assumption that Sky will have all the main televised series - GP2,GP3 and Super Cup.

All of which leads to my mock up schedule below...
Attached Thumbnails
Channel Schedule.jpg  
Old 14 Jan 2012, 00:32 (Ref:3011445)   #1446
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

His pieces in Autosport are the only decent bit in the Autosport GP reporting nowadays. Well it was before I gave up on Autosport
Never missed a copy during the 90's. Not sure what happened to it after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And you don't here the voice in the mag, so you'd be alright with that Marbot.
You never know. I may be inclined to tune into the 'Beeb' on the odd occasion.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3011589)   #1447
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Jake Humphrey thinks that the BBC will continue to do a very good job of covering GP racing next season. Here is what he had to say the Autosport show.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97021
Old 14 Jan 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3011595)   #1448
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There is no reason to doubt him. Sounds good.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3011605)   #1449
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Yeah, they are retaining the F1 Forum for all their races which is a very good sign.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3011610)   #1450
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If they do send camera's to Spain for the tests then it won't be shown until the channel is launched in March I wouldn't think.

What you have to remember when you compare the channels with their advertising is that one (Sky) has more opportunity to advertise than the other. The BBC only have slots in between programmes whereas Sky fill their schedule with ad breaks. The BBC have many other programmes to plug with what they have available. I've only seen one advert for the new F1 channel and that was on Pick TV on freeview, but I can apprecaite Sky subscribers will see them alot more often.
I actually meant pieces on Sky Sports News, in the last few days they had a reporter at the Ferrari Wrooom event and spoke with Gary Paffett at Autosport Intl i think, i know the Ferrari gig is heavily subsidised but it does make me wonder whether they'll send to Jerez and Barcelona to do interviews and updates. Could be quite illustrative if they do.

Tags
outrage, sky