Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Jun 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2899718)   #1
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 Brands Hatch

Last UK race for British International F3 series until September!
Timetable here:
http://ticket.motorsportvision.co.uk...1819062011.pdf
Old 17 Jun 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2901079)   #2
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Never mind, I'm going to Spa!

There was testing at Brands today, one dry session, one wet. Report.

Weekend preview.

Lee McKenzie will be there to see the F1 drivers of tomorrow.
Old 18 Jun 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2901369)   #3
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Qualifying over:
Svendsen-Cook fastest followed by Adderly Fong !!
Weather was dry.
Full times to follow (unless Srider gets there first!)
Old 18 Jun 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2901386)   #4
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Full times here:
http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...&tabletype=gif
Old 18 Jun 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2901613)   #5
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Lucas Foresti for making his wet tyres last the full race distance when (almost) everybody else swapped to slicks during the race as the circuit dried out.

Another couple of laps 'though with the gap at 4.9secs and Nasr lapping 4 seconds a lap faster...
Old 19 Jun 2011, 15:36 (Ref:2901890)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quick links to race reports:

Race 1 yesterday - very good tactical win by Lucas Foresti.

Race 2 this morning - maiden win for Harry Tincknell.

Race 3 this afternoon - awesome win by Felipe Nasr.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2901904)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Tincknell?? Wow!

Nasr v Foresti for the title now is it?

Dunno why exactly but these two remind me a bit of Da Matta versus Castro Neves a few years back, 2 Brazilians shadowing each other's careers up the ranks etc.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2901906)   #8
BoyRac3r
Rookie

BoyRac3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Harry!!
Old 21 Jun 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2902645)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I don't want to rain on Harry's parade, because he had to fight for the win, but Race 2 is the short one at 20 minutes with a partly reversed grid.

The secret to Harry's success was making a very good start from pole position. Nasr and Foresti were 9th and 10th. I thought Magnussen would be a threat in P3, but his engine wouldn't start.

Then there was a start line shunt further back that brought out the Safety Car for four laps. After that Harry just had to hold it together to the flag. but Menasheh Idafar did his best to make it difficult and was never much more than half a second behind.

Nasr and Foresti certainly seem to be the ones to beat, but after seeing Felipe's drive on Sunday I think he's in the driving seat.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2902813)   #10
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I too don't want to rain on his parade, but personally I disregard all reverse grid wins in whatever series when I'm reflecting on the season, be it British F3, GP2 etc. I know the teams and drivers seem to want reverse grid races, but I don't think mediocrity should be rewarded in series that are supposed to find F1 drivers of the future. Keep them to artificial entertainment racing like BTCC if it must exist.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2902921)   #11
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great racing on Sunday, even through the unscheduled 'damp' sessions, got a few shots here: http://www.davidstallardphotography....378573_k8dRbxH

.DAVID.

PS: so how do you guys see where the hell your going once the spray gets up?

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 21 Jun 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2903014)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
I too don't want to rain on his parade, but personally I disregard all reverse grid wins in whatever series when I'm reflecting on the season, be it British F3, GP2 etc. I know the teams and drivers seem to want reverse grid races, but I don't think mediocrity should be rewarded in series that are supposed to find F1 drivers of the future. Keep them to artificial entertainment racing like BTCC if it must exist.
I'm a racing purist, so I agree. Forgetting the BTCC, where they're just to create some more panel-bashing mayhem, reverse grid races are there to give a driver who wouldn't otherwise have much chance of winning a race the opportunity to do so. Simple as that.

In the Sunoco Rolex Daytona Challenge they count races 1 and 3 for points, which tells it's own story. Incidentally, Felipe Nasr is currently leading that too. http://www.sunocodaytonachallenge.co...ird_place.html
Old 21 Jun 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2903042)   #13
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The reverse grid is not a lot of good to top racers. It should never be a feature in formula racing.
As for pure racing, you'll never get that whilst Carlin are running 6 cars. Nasr gets the choice car, engineer and bolters. Nasr is also managed by Steve 'Robbo' Robertson the same as Kimi. Robertson has F1 track record and needs a replacement F1 driver and has invested a lot of time and money in Felipe. You can guarantee that a little 'back scratching' helps get the results
Felipe is a good driver, but I doubt that he's the best F3 driver in British F3, he probably just has the best 'arrangement'. Same old same old..........
Old 21 Jun 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2903046)   #14
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
Great racing on Sunday, even through the unscheduled 'damp' sessions, got a few shots here: http://www.davidstallardphotography....378573_k8dRbxH

.DAVID.

PS: so how do you guys see where the hell your going once the spray gets up?
Some good stuff there David, we can't have been that far apart at times.
Mine are at:
http://www.formula3pics.com/portfolio192158.html
Old 21 Jun 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2903165)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Some good stuff there David, we can't have been that far apart at times.
Mine are at:.
http://www.formula3pics.com/portfolio192158.html
Some good shots in there as well. I like the sequence with Pietro Fantin and Rupert Svendsen-Cook in the wet feature race.

We ought to have photos as a regular post race feature, although it's going to be difficult now as the Series moves to Europe until September. I'm managing one race out of the three, but that's going to be an expensive short holiday.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2903338)   #16
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Richard, I was cowering under the foot bridge for the first downpoor (brought a coat and left it in the car). Great shots by the way!

Would love to follow the series to Europe but only just manage the UK circuits and with fuel costs rising all the time it's not getting any easier.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:22 (Ref:2903382)   #17
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought this weekend's racing was epic! Best F3 meeting I've seen in a while I would say. Maybe it's just because I was at Oulton Park at the start of the season, and that was hardly a classic...

I'm enjoying Fortec stopping the Carlin domination. What's people's opinions on Carlos Huertas? Surely with his experience in F3 he has to start winning races soon? If not he's got a lot of questions to answer dont you think?
Old 23 Jun 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2904924)   #18
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Some good shots in there as well. I like the sequence with Pietro Fantin and Rupert Svendsen-Cook in the wet feature race.
Had a shot from the Fantin Svendsen-Cook incident published in Autosport this week.

As far as the overseas races are concerened I'm afraid I'm not going to any! Had it have been Bucharest then maybe...
See you all in September
Old 23 Jun 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2904985)   #19
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
I thought this weekend's racing was epic! Best F3 meeting I've seen in a while I would say. Maybe it's just because I was at Oulton Park at the start of the season, and that was hardly a classic...

I'm enjoying Fortec stopping the Carlin domination. What's people's opinions on Carlos Huertas? Surely with his experience in F3 he has to start winning races soon? If not he's got a lot of questions to answer dont you think?
Carlos is in his 3rd season of British F3 but he is lacking in the people skills needed to be a winning driver. He doesn't have the manners or understanding to work well with the people he needs. His popularity with his mechanics and Mark his engineer and GB the team manager is no where near as good as it could be. A bit of an angry young man scenario, from a wealthy Columbian background Carlos does not channel his drive and full effort into his racing. Steve Robertson, former team owner of Double R where Carlos started in FBMW and did his previous F3 drives moved his new main man Nasr to Carlin, unless Carlos finds a lot more speed from his driving his car and setup will not beat Carlins 1 and 2 drivers or the drivers with the charm factor. In a six car team if you think all the cars and their components are equal and the engineers and bolters are all equal it's welcome to the real world of racing time
Old 24 Jun 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2905016)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
You can drive to Spa, but as David Stallard says the fuel costs are getting horrendous.

Let's just hope the title's not all wrapped up before they get back to the UK. I think Foresti and Magnussen (when he gets some luck) will keep Nasr honest.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2905164)   #21
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good racing

Great to see Magnussen overtaking at Hawthorns on his charge in Race 2. (Big spherical objects!)
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2905198)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
You can drive to Spa, but as David Stallard says the fuel costs are getting horrendous.
i just did the nurburgring and back from east anglia-ish for £80 diesel and a £30 return channel crossing on norfolkline/dfds. go over empty, fill up at auchan dunkerque for €1.33 a litre, drive... appropriately, and make sure you go back home with a full tank to make the most of the savings for the next week or so too. on two tanks of diesel the price difference between the uk and a supermarket diesel fillup in france on a large-ish tank actually pays for the cost of the ferry.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2905211)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i just did the nurburgring and back from east anglia-ish for £80 diesel and a £30 return channel crossing on norfolkline/dfds. go over empty, fill up at auchan dunkerque for €1.33 a litre, drive... appropriately, and make sure you go back home with a full tank to make the most of the savings for the next week or so too. on two tanks of diesel the price difference between the uk and a supermarket diesel fillup in france on a large-ish tank actually pays for the cost of the ferry.
That's very helpful information, bella, thanks. It will help me when I go to Spa. The only trouble for me is that thoughts of a diesel are a distant dream and I have to go for Super Unleaded which disappears at a depressing rate. But, hey, I'm going to Spa for four days and I love that place and I've already worked out how I might get a crafty lift into the paddock with a friend, which helps no end!
Old 24 Jun 2011, 12:42 (Ref:2905243)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i can't remember the price of unleaded 98 at auchan but it's worth a look (it's on the junction with the centre commercial signposted somewhere around grand synthe). the diesel is around 10 cents a litre cheaper than on the autoroute at mannekensvere just over the border (the texaco on both sides).

for ferries, don't use those cost saving sites, and don't use seafrance. unless coachtrips with thousands of children and people who... smell a bit odd and ferries you can't catch a sleep on are your cup of tea! they're also completely inflexible unless you shell out more for their flexible ticket. norfolkline and p&o both allow you to catch the earlier or later crossing for no amendment fees. that's more of an advantage for the longer drives, especially norfolkline who do crossings every 2 hours. it means you have a 4 hour window for traffic and organisational fails rather than 2 at the most. plus if the crossing you want is say, £20 and the one before or after is £10 you can book the cheaper one and get on the expensive one free of charge
Old 27 Jun 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2907053)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
More excellent stuff bella. I'm going to cut and paste it for my trip to Spa. How do I get to Auchan at Dunkirk coming from the Calais direction if that's how it happens?