Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Oct 2010, 03:42 (Ref:2768890)   #526
villamas
Rookie

Costa Rica
Costa Rica
villamas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recap

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kP7ZBpA0WzM
Old 4 Oct 2010, 05:44 (Ref:2768908)   #527
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
Audi Racer, I don't know why you quoted me as I mentioned nothing about pit stops. I only answered to the "corvette drivers are dirty" comment by someone who thinks it's only dirty when it's not done by a red car.

I guess being a ferrari fan means having a short memory.
I am not a Ferrari Fan.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 06:56 (Ref:2768916)   #528
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
The GT40 was closing the door on everybody yesterday at PLM.
I was not aware that there was a special class for historic racers.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2768926)   #529
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Most of the commentators seem to be unaware of this as well
Old 4 Oct 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2768927)   #530
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Most of the commentators seem to be unaware of this as well
hopefully they will get sued by the UK company that owns the copywright to the GT40 name.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 07:34 (Ref:2768933)   #531
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Actually you guys are all mistake. Bobby Rahal's guys had the fastest pitstops all season.
Absolutely right :-) They're an exceptional crew.

Ben
Old 4 Oct 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2768965)   #532
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's another Jamie Melo special:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tb6H...eature=related
Old 4 Oct 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2769036)   #533
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by villamas View Post
Thanks! You rock!
Old 4 Oct 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2769065)   #534
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am not a Ferrari Fan.
Once again the Ferrari part wasn't pointed at you, you need to work on the reading comprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
sorry, the Ford GT
Old 4 Oct 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2769190)   #535
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got back from a non racing weekend and tried to catch up on DSC, very interested to know what happened to the Drayson as the only all (well almost!) British entry but very little info so made private enquiries.

Seems Mr Pirro almost totalled the car when confronted by a stranded LMPC in final practice and the tub needed to go away. They missed qualifying and only got the car back later that day, worked overnight on a complete rebuild to get out in warm-up and go very well. Pirro unable to race due to accident (so all British now!) JC and LPD in car, JC for 5 hours total, 39th to 3rd I am told after about 3 or 4 laps and ran high up until overheating had to be attended to. Still finished 8th overall and fastest petrol car and winner of Green X code!. Claim is being made that JC third in ALMS driver standings, team also 3rd but OK, poor field in all races but it would have been nice not to have to send out email searches for this info DSC.

Private entries of this calibre are hard to come by and we should encourage them, not ignore them!
Old 4 Oct 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2769273)   #536
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Oh i beg to differ Mr.E. Those of us who watch ALMS racing and actually watched The Petit Lemans where.
1. Melo bascially tried to hipcheck vilander off the road at turn 1.
2. Speed Crew tells us of the bad blood between Melo and Bruni at mosport and petit
Please give Mr.E a hand
You seem to have got me confused with Bernie Ecclestone? Easy mistake to make, I'll pick you up in my G5 and we can chat about it on the way to Japan.

Anyway, I did watch every broadcast minute of ALMS racing this year, for your information. I happen to watch Speed on mute with RLM commentary because in general it's far more illuminating and not filled with commercial breaks between and during broadcast segments. I still see nothing to suggest that Risi's biggest problem this year was driver relations. I still contend it was strategy and pitwork.

Kudos to R-L, it's fair play to mention their pitwork which has been sublime this year, when Corvette's has honestly been a little manky. ubrben, I'm pretty sure you're involved with them through their black stuff, right? I didn't mean to disparage them by not including them in my list of teams who get it right on pitlane... I really doff my cap to the strategy and pitwork of the Flying Lizards though, because they never have the option to gamble and split strategies and yet always seem to roll a hard six on their strategy and pitwork for #45. In my opinion, that is one of the chief reasons they've been so successful, and it showed at the end of PLM with the nice little jump up the field they made by avoiding the splash and dash in the final few laps.

I suppose all of this fanboyism in GT2 must please the OEMs because a loyal branding and customer base is ultimately what they are after when they compete, but I do find it a little bizarre on the forums. Honestly guys, everyone has nerfed everyone in GT2 at some point! I like the Ferrari because I think it's the prettiest car, but that doesn't mean I think Risi always does right by it. Actually I think they have managed to squander having the fastest car way too many times over the last half decade and it's starting to get more than a little silly. I have the feeling the 458 is gonna be an uggo unless the racing kit improves it, so I'm betting it's going to be time for a new prettiest car soon.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2769282)   #537
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Just got back from a non racing weekend and tried to catch up on DSC, very interested to know what happened to the Drayson as the only all (well almost!) British entry but very little info so made private enquiries.

Seems Mr Pirro almost totalled the car when confronted by a stranded LMPC in final practice and the tub needed to go away. They missed qualifying and only got the car back later that day, worked overnight on a complete rebuild to get out in warm-up and go very well. Pirro unable to race due to accident (so all British now!) JC and LPD in car, JC for 5 hours total, 39th to 3rd I am told after about 3 or 4 laps and ran high up until overheating had to be attended to. Still finished 8th overall and fastest petrol car and winner of Green X code!. Claim is being made that JC third in ALMS driver standings, team also 3rd but OK, poor field in all races but it would have been nice not to have to send out email searches for this info DSC.

Private entries of this calibre are hard to come by and we should encourage them, not ignore them!

Drayson did have a good race. They showed great speed at times and Paul kept the car clean. They weren't, however, the fastest petrol car. They finished behind Highcroft, Intersport, and Cytosport.

Speaking of Intersport, they did a fantastic job keeping the Lola going, and they nearly had the highest finishing Petrol car, just seconds behind Highcroft. Ben Devlin was a good 3rd driver for the team and I hope he gets a full time ride next season somewhere.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2769436)   #538
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They weren't, however, the fastest petrol car.
I suspect the implication was that the car put in the fastest race lap of any petrol car, which is correct.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2769443)   #539
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I have to say, evidenced from every photo that I can find of the GT-2 podium, I am very disappointed in Giuseppe Risi and crew! The only representive of the team on the podium looks to be Gimi Bruni, SHAME on the rest of Risi Competizone!!!!!

L.P.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2769444)   #540
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well I have to say, evidenced from every photo that I can find of the GT-2 podium, I am very disappointed in Giuseppe Risi and crew! The only representive of the team on the podium looks to be Gimi Bruni, SHAME on the rest of Risi Competizone!!!!!

L.P.
I'm guessing Vilander was stuck on the far side of the circuit with his rather dry car! Does not excuse the rest of the crew though.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2769489)   #541
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

L.P.
Who else did you expect to be up there? Only the winning car gets to have a team representative up there, 2nd and 3rd only get the drivers and with Villander stuck on the track with no fuel of course there is only going to be Bruni on the Podium.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2769492)   #542
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well I have to say, evidenced from every photo that I can find of the GT-2 podium, I am very disappointed in Giuseppe Risi and crew!
L.P.
Some very funny comments here:

http://jalopnik.com/5655123/sad-ferrari-driver-is-sad

My favorite:
"Ferrari has a long and proud history of crying in motorsports"
Old 4 Oct 2010, 23:17 (Ref:2769500)   #543
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'd be sad too if I ran out of fuel on the last lap of PLM whilst leading my class (regardless of what I was driving).
Old 4 Oct 2010, 23:54 (Ref:2769507)   #544
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
You seem to have got me confused with Bernie Ecclestone? Easy mistake to make, I'll pick you up in my G5 and we can chat about it on the way to Japan.

Anyway, I did watch every broadcast minute of ALMS racing this year, for your information. I happen to watch Speed on mute with RLM commentary because in general it's far more illuminating and not filled with commercial breaks between and during broadcast segments. I still see nothing to suggest that Risi's biggest problem this year was driver relations. I still contend it was strategy and pitwork.

Kudos to R-L, it's fair play to mention their pitwork which has been sublime this year, when Corvette's has honestly been a little manky. ubrben, I'm pretty sure you're involved with them through their black stuff, right? I didn't mean to disparage them by not including them in my list of teams who get it right on pitlane... I really doff my cap to the strategy and pitwork of the Flying Lizards though, because they never have the option to gamble and split strategies and yet always seem to roll a hard six on their strategy and pitwork for #45. In my opinion, that is one of the chief reasons they've been so successful, and it showed at the end of PLM with the nice little jump up the field they made by avoiding the splash and dash in the final few laps.

Great post. A largely unsung hero at Flying Lizards is Thomas Blam, their strategist. He knows what is going on, how the drivers can respond, and keeps them in the best possible position.

That is a very well organized and well run team.

roberto
Old 5 Oct 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2769514)   #545
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Who else did you expect to be up there? Only the winning car gets to have a team representative up there, 2nd and 3rd only get the drivers and with Villander stuck on the track with no fuel of course there is only going to be Bruni on the Podium.
That boat don't float! Often crew cheifs and owners will be on the podium, as was the case with ESM who were second! Kinda blows the 2nd & 3rd 'only get the drivers' on the podium out of the water!!

L.P.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 00:21 (Ref:2769516)   #546
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'd be sad too if I ran out of fuel on the last lap of PLM whilst leading my class (regardless of what I was driving).
Nobody said they should not be upset for shooting themselfs in the foot.

L.P.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 02:35 (Ref:2769541)   #547
villamas
Rookie

Costa Rica
Costa Rica
villamas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Start onboard the Corvette #4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9qgWUOtR_U
Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2769858)   #548
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
Slowsley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by villamas View Post
Start onboard the Corvette #4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9qgWUOtR_U

Proof that Forza Motorsports is INCREDIBLY realistic.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 23:45 (Ref:2770039)   #549
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I prefer Gran Turismo but that was a good video.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2770046)   #550
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone have an estimate on how many people attended? During the pre-race walkabout on the front stretch it seemed like a big crowd. From T12 it looked like the entire straight was completely full.
keke