Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jul 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1352617)   #1
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will replace CPR?

It seems pretty clear from all in these forums that Steven Richards will be most likely leaving for SBR waters next year as CPR go by the wayside.

But my question is who if any one will take over the running of this team if LP takes a backwards step?

Are there any potential buyers out there?

Any chance Brock buying in and running Perkins gear in his cars?

According to the last Auto Fiction it may not be entirely untrue
Old 11 Jul 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1352681)   #2
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see Perkins selling his team but if he did then i probably could see maybe Craig Gore buying the cars etc if the rumours are true about him switching to Commodores.
I don't see Richo going to SBR, most likely to PWR but personally i see him in a Perkins-built car in '06.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1353088)   #3
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perkins is using 1xRomano license and 1xWeel license.

The Romano license has currently accumulated the least championship points this year, and was in the bottom two last year. Subject to TEGA takeback?

I can't see Weel working with Brock and vice versa in a hurry...

The Autobarn car run by Perkins is under the Nash license...Can't see Brock and Nash working together either...

Although stranger things have happened...
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1356017)   #4
scr
Rookie

Australia
Australia
scr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was an article in auto action this week saying Paul Cruikshank Racing was ready to take the step up to the main game. A one car team running Stone Bros machinery and with Warren Luff driving could be competitive.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1356023)   #5
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given that LP sold his L1 (@ Lotto money) to Mr Gore I wonder if there may be a partnership coming up soon (makes sense with the Richo rumour).

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1356040)   #6
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
..........and I can't see LP walking away from supercars unless license trouble forces him......maybe take more of a backseat as he has done this year..remember Jack is going to need a ride soon???

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 15 Jul 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1356046)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he stayed as a supplier thats hardly walking away........
Old 15 Jul 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1356529)   #8
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castrol to be replaced by BP next year.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1356574)   #9
observer
Rookie

Australia
australia
observer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRXR-6
I don't see Perkins selling his team but if he did then i probably could see maybe Craig Gore buying the cars etc if the rumours are true about him switching to Commodores.
I don't see Richo going to SBR, most likely to PWR but personally i see him in a Perkins-built car in '06.
Maybe WPS won't be fielding a team next year!
Old 15 Jul 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1356587)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
Maybe WPS won't be fielding a team next year!
If #10 was the only source of motorsport information, it would be easy to draw that conclusion about this year
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Jul 2005, 23:05 (Ref:1356590)   #11
observer
Rookie

Australia
australia
observer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No source, just my view!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1356731)   #12
Mickcals
Racer

Mickcals has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think you ll find Longhurst might take an interest to it, although he is first in line to buy the second team Dynamik licence
Old 16 Jul 2005, 23:12 (Ref:1357031)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But has he actually bought the first Dynamik licence?
Old 16 Jul 2005, 23:23 (Ref:1357033)   #14
milktruck racin
Rookie

milktruck racin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have you guys ever thought of a sertain transport company who are already involved with the team and as certain director of this company has enough funds to purchase several teams might be in running to take over
Old 16 Jul 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1357035)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
But has he actually bought the first Dynamik licence?
Technically yes... but keeping it seems contingent on achieving sponsorship to run the car in future years... otherwise, its on the market again...
Old 16 Jul 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1357038)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by milktruck racin
have you guys ever thought of a sertain transport company who are already involved with the team and as certain director of this company has enough funds to purchase several teams might be in running to take over
I like the plan.. but to date the sponsorship from this team is not in the Caltex/Pirtek/Betta/Caterpillar league... so the step up would be enormously expensive.

I would have thought, strategically (drawing a long bow perhaps), that a transport company should be involved in motorsport in a big way, to showcase their speed to market, their safety, and competitiveness in the marketplace....

... and keep the corporate guests amused the whole time. What better place to play than places where there are contracts to be picked up... carting petrol and oil, tyres, electrical goods, parts and accessories.... the opportunities are great.. and possibly not totally well explored...

Perhaps the Toll business should buy its own race team in the WPS mould, except they get a professional business manager in to build the squad into a winning and successful one
Old 16 Jul 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1357039)   #17
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Mr Little and Toll you mean??
Old 16 Jul 2005, 23:44 (Ref:1357043)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Fox & Linfox (proprietors of Philip Island) would do equally as well in that role... indeed there is an existing relationship to HRT/HSV.... but who knows....
Old 17 Jul 2005, 08:42 (Ref:1357116)   #19
milktruck racin
Rookie

GTR i like you train of thought, how ever, when you think that at the moment you have a single car team which runs on a reasonable budget, and possible utilises company's that have business connections with the transport business, that if added with the remaining sponsorship at tpr and so if fills in the gap left by castrol, that this is more of a possibility?
Old 17 Jul 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1357138)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
GTR i like you train of thought, how ever, when you think that at the moment you have a single car team which runs on a reasonable budget, and possible utilises company's that have business connections with the transport business, that if added with the remaining sponsorship at tpr and so if fills in the gap left by castrol, that this is more of a possibility?
Well.. if you progress those thoughts to the next level of conclusion... what chance is there that Mr Little's team may remain intact in 2006... being the only direct racing operation using Perkins hardware & personnel... with Mr Richards at the wheel of a 1 car Toll-backed team...

That would raise the profile, and the competitiveness of the car!! Despite what is written adnauseum about this team, a dozen years in the class, and a best of 11th place aint real special
Old 19 Jul 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1358324)   #21
milktruck racin
Rookie

well.. GTR you could be on the right track, but think of it as a 2 car toll team with the PLR franchise and the use of the PWR L2 franchise, using all existing sponsors on either the TPR car or the Toll car, with Richo in one and the other seat ??????
Old 19 Jul 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1358401)   #22
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tratt wont lose his toll seat.