Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 May 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2685917)   #1
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 MotoGP Silly Season

Starting early ....

Honda boss gives Stoner big praise.

With all four aliens off contract at the end of the season, it may be one of the best silly seasons for a long time.
Old 7 May 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2686027)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
Starting early ....

Honda boss gives Stoner big praise.

With all four aliens off contract at the end of the season, it may be one of the best silly seasons for a long time.
You sir need to start posting more.

But I was thinking about this very thread. The race to see where Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa wind up will be quite interesting indeed. I for one really have no idea how this will pan out. Part of me sees Rossi trying to finish his career at Ducati, just for the sheer madness of it.

As for Stoner, surly he must be a bit weary at the thought of returning to Honda...

Maybe the interesting one is Pedrosa, since he's lost a bit of luster. Pedrosa to Suzuki?
Old 7 May 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2686032)   #3
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and is there going to be any new teams for next year
Old 7 May 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2686033)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
and is there going to be any new teams for next year
Supposedly Roberts is trying to put something together.
Old 7 May 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2686171)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How many times ahve we heard that, Isnt there this daft old BMW thing someone is trying to race and this McCoy dooberry?? Cant see eitehr being any good but never mind.

THe ilmor bikes must be somewhere as must teh Kwakkers!!

As for 2011

My bet is Lorenzo to stay if he wins title, Pedrosa maybe to go elsewhere perhaps even Tech 3 and Rossi and Stoner to maybe swop, though I think Stoner is more likely to go Honda with Spies praps coming into FIAT
Old 7 May 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2686179)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
How many times ahve we heard that, Isnt there this daft old BMW thing someone is trying to race and this McCoy dooberry?? Cant see eitehr being any good but never mind.

THe ilmor bikes must be somewhere as must teh Kwakkers!!

As for 2011

My bet is Lorenzo to stay if he wins title, Pedrosa maybe to go elsewhere perhaps even Tech 3 and Rossi and Stoner to maybe swop, though I think Stoner is more likely to go Honda with Spies praps coming into FIAT
I'm thinking the Ilmor bikes are now making up part of the Moto 2 grid.

Yeah, we'll see what FB Corse come up with, although I doubt I'll be impressed.

The 2012 regs might appeal to some of the Moto 2 people. They can build a bonkers chassis and throw in a modified superbike motor. I can see people being attracted to the Aprilia V4 and the R1 cross plane lump.
Old 8 May 2010, 02:04 (Ref:2686347)   #7
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Part of me sees Rossi trying to finish his career at Ducati, just for the sheer madness of it.
I would love to see Vale at Ducati (preferably with Stoner as his team mate) but I think the only way this would happen is if Jeremy Burgess agreed to or was allowed to go to Ducati as well. I don't think Rossi would go without him and I think JB's next move will be to retirement so I doubt the Ducati scenario will eventate.
Old 8 May 2010, 06:03 (Ref:2686377)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
I would love to see Vale at Ducati (preferably with Stoner as his team mate) but I think the only way this would happen is if Jeremy Burgess agreed to or was allowed to go to Ducati as well. I don't think Rossi would go without him and I think JB's next move will be to retirement so I doubt the Ducati scenario will eventate.
I'd like to see Burgess make one last rider switch before he retires.
Old 8 May 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2686396)   #9
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
I'd like to see Burgess make one last rider switch before he retires.
So would I but apparently he had to be heavily persuaded to make the move from Honda to Yamaha as it delayed his retirement plans. I doubt JB would have the fire in his belly to start again with a new rider. He has absolutely nothing to prove.
Old 8 May 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2686586)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Well it would be cool to see him hook up with Stoner for one more all Aussie assault. Or imagine what he could do with Pedrosa, or Spies. Mr. Burgess is darn talented that's for sure.
Old 13 May 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2689861)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Here is a good read if you want to take a bit of time:

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...goes-to-honda/

The gist of it, is this is the most probable lineup if Stoner has signed for Honda:

Ducati - Rossi & Hayden
Honda - Pedrosa & Stoner
Yamaha - Lorenzo & Spies
Suzuki - Dovi & ?

Although, one interesting point regarding Rossi to Ducati. Surly if Rossi goes there, Philip Morris will have to chip in big time. And it's possible that they'd rather pay to put him in F1.
Old 13 May 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2689935)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Rossi is F1 is never going to work.It onoly would if they asked him to name the price I think and he really wouldnt want to go to make up the numbers!

Would be great nut unless in a decent car with loads of testing or a third entry situation like there used to be no way.

Would love to see him at Ducati but I think he will stay Yam, Lorenzo though I think would move, he was close last year as he says himself.

I think Stoner is a done deal with HRC with pedro going to Yam perhaps, hoefully without PUIG the Evildoer!!
Old 13 May 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2689987)   #13
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
But can Repsol handle not having a Spaniard on the team again?
Old 18 May 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2693533)   #14
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi isn't going to go away from MotoGP. He doesn't have the all time record, and it's within reach. No way he let Ago have that record. And rightfully so. I ran against Ago in my time (not saying I beat him, but I was able to watch him from a close perspective), and frankly, he isn't even close to Rossi in talent level, the level of competition is so much greater now than then.

Art
Old 24 May 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2697193)   #15
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unbelievable! Honda are looking to sign Colin Stoner !! I bet Colins surprised...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83852
Old 25 May 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2697560)   #16
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Unbelievable! Honda are looking to sign Colin Stoner !! I bet Colins surprised...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83852
Colin Stoner (Casey's dad) is Caseys manager and is talking to all the teams on Casey's behalf.