Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Apr 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2860676)   #351
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
So if I counted correctly there are still 3 seats left? One at Mofaz, one at Pons and one at Epic?
Chris van der Drift has signed for Mofaz to partner Rosenzweig. Good call. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90541
Old 8 Apr 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2860677)   #352
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Oops you beat me to it by 1 minute Daisy!
Old 8 Apr 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2860680)   #353
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
now *that's* a last minute signing.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2860684)   #354
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely. Hope Pentus can score on of the remaining 2 seats, he did well last year.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 22:24 (Ref:2860687)   #355
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
I think Pentus was a revelation, does anyone else think that? He came into FR3.5 with absolutely NO previous good results in junior formulas. Unless you call a podium in FR BARC 'good' (second string series to FR UK). I was surprised that he was solid in 2009 too. I mean, how has he managed to step up to an ultra competetive formula and become a double race winner from literally no impressive past results in lower categories? Reminds me of Nigel Melker. No wins, no podiums, no nothing in FR. He was 23rd in the FR Eurocup in 2009. Then he goes to GP3 last year and claims 2 poles from nowhere, and he's just won in Euro F3. Bizarre.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2860784)   #356
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
I think Pentus was a revelation, does anyone else think that? He came into FR3.5 with absolutely NO previous good results in junior formulas.
Maybe Formula Baltic doesn't count as a junior formula, but I think Sten won the Baltic championship atleast twice
Old 9 Apr 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2860804)   #357
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
now *that's* a last minute signing.
Yay, come on Chris!!!!!

Oh i'm sooo upset by that news as you can tell....
Old 9 Apr 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2860820)   #358
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Maybe Formula Baltic doesn't count as a junior formula, but I think Sten won the Baltic championship atleast twice
I can recall a certain Russian driver, who wasn't very impressive untill his second year in GP2, and just scored his first F1 podium 2 weeks ago. Drivers can improve.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2860823)   #359
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think "learn" and "improve" are the same thing - is it that drivers who haven't been karting since they could walk have more to learn or is it that they're more receptive to learning and changing?

nuff respect for sten - anyone else rapidly approaching their 30s will know what i mean when i say it's refreshing that someone who actually lived and went to school in the 80s is still bringing it to the 1990s kids
Old 9 Apr 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2860938)   #360
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan View Post
Rnd Date Venue Event
1 17 April Motorland Aragon, Spain World Series by Renault
2 1 May Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium WsbR
3 15 May Monza, Italy WTCC
4 29 May Monte Carlo, Monaco Formula 1
5 19 June Nurburgring, Germany WsbR
6 3 July Hungaroring, Hungary WsbR
7 21 August Silverstone, Great Britain WsbR
8 18 September Le Castellet, France WsbR
9 9 October Barcelona, Spain WsbR
Dunno if this has changed so bringing it forward. Interested to see how much coverage we'll be treated to over here this year, crikey! a whole nother week to go yet.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2861233)   #361
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
just read the first line of chris van der drift's press release....

Quote:
Chris van der Drift will drive the first two rounds of the World Series Formula Renault 3.5 for Mofaz Racing. A Malaysian sponsor offered this opportunity which the 25 year old from New Zealand couldn’t refuse.
that says all it needs to about how much he's paid the team and how much the team are paying for that drive then. good on him! you don't get that sort of a deal very often